ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Do you want 4 extra bank holidays? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318480)

Cherie 23-04-2017 02:33 PM

Do you want 4 extra bank holidays?

then vote Labour

we lag behind other countries in bank holidays anyway so its time we had a few more :hee:

Firewire 23-04-2017 02:35 PM

Yes because I get paid more for bank holidays :)

Shaun 23-04-2017 02:35 PM

I have to wonder how many votes this policy would win Labour alone :laugh: it seems like it'd be the most popular incentive for many.

smudgie 23-04-2017 02:38 PM

No.
just another way he wants to screw the economy.

Braden 23-04-2017 02:41 PM

If this doesn't win people over then nothing will :joker:

joeysteele 23-04-2017 02:43 PM

As to shopping a Bank Holiday doesn't make any real difference to anyone.
However I do like how that bit quieter things are on Bank Holidays.

I think more are a good idea so yes why not.
The UK lags behind many other Nations as to Bank Holidays anyway so again,another reason to have a few more.

Brillopad 23-04-2017 02:43 PM

Not if it means a labour government. I'm much more of a believer in short-term pain for long-term gain and not easily tempted by a few tit-bits.

I actually find it very manipulative and intelligence insulting on the part of Corbyn and reeks of desperation.

ebandit 23-04-2017 02:44 PM

..............will it make much difference?

bank holidays are not as they once were..................so many work

Mark L

Toy Soldier 23-04-2017 02:57 PM

Don't get bank holibobs off but we do get them as holiday days... wouldn't say no to an extra 4 days holiday a year :hee:.

Though I already get 6 weeks paid holiday. I thought 5 / 6 weeks was pretty standard but apparently not many people get that these days :umm2:.

reece(: 23-04-2017 03:00 PM

Here for 4 more pissups

the truth 23-04-2017 03:01 PM

no another money losing labour gimmick...hows about a comprehensive industrial policy? hows about scrapping the insane labour 2004 GP doctors contract which allowed 90% of doctors to avoid out of hours work, thus putting all the pressure on junior doctors...hows about scrapping sexist womens only shortlists....hows about a comprehensive promise and campaign to eradicate local government waste...hows about matrons in hospitals....hows about putting a limit on the £250,000 wages received by council CEO's who have massive debt.....Hows about they promise to stop taking away civil liberties and free speech ...strengthen complaints procedures and ombudsmen and stop the bullying of nhs workers who wish to legitimately complain...the list is endless...bank holidays isnt even on the list

Smithy 23-04-2017 03:09 PM

If the list is endless then bank holidays may be on it somewhere :think:

Cal. 23-04-2017 03:11 PM

I'm not allowed days off work on bank holidays and don't get paid anymore for it so it makes no difference to me!

the truth 23-04-2017 03:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 9290215)
If the list is endless then bank holidays may be on it somewhere :think:

nope

Black Dagger 23-04-2017 03:35 PM

Well that's that argument.

Kazanne 23-04-2017 03:49 PM

No , bank holidays do my head in as it is.

*mazedsalv** 23-04-2017 03:53 PM

Quite frankly, I don't care. I am not going to vote.

The reason is because I was sent (and my family) a letter about voting for the whole Brexit vote. We all went to vote, but were refused, because we didn't have a British passport even though most of us were born here.

Waste of time, they could have told us beforehand instead of telling us to vote, and then refuse us when we arrived, publically embarrassing us.

So quite frankly any future political vote can shove my vote up their arse. (we were sent polling cards for this vote too).

Country will go more tits up whatever the outcome.

UserSince2005 23-04-2017 03:53 PM

considering people who vote labour dont work, i do not see the point in this policy. :conf:

Will. 23-04-2017 04:02 PM

Luckily I have a lot of time off as I'm still in education.

But I really do feel that people who work should have more time off, It does seem other countries get a lot more bank holidays.

I'm all for it.

hijaxers 23-04-2017 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 9290250)
considering people who vote labour dont work, i do not see the point in this policy. :conf:

Excuse me ! I think you'll find labour voters are the hardest working people on the lowest wages that keep this country going , doing the manual jobs tory boys expect to be done on slave wages, whilst they sit on their arses handing **** out to everyone else and reaping all the rewards.

Northern Monkey 23-04-2017 04:10 PM

It's a nice idea that reeks of desperation.I don't think it'll help him significantly either.It will help him a little though i think.Bound to be some people who'll vote for that alone.

Cherie 23-04-2017 04:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 9290218)
I'm not allowed days off work on bank holidays and don't get paid anymore for it so it makes no difference to me!

Unless you are planning to work in the pub for the rest of your life of course it will make a difference :laugh:

Cherie 23-04-2017 04:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by *mazedsalv** (Post 9290247)
Quite frankly, I don't care. I am not going to vote.

The reason is because I was sent (and my family) a letter about voting for the whole Brexit vote. We all went to vote, but were refused, because we didn't have a British passport even though most of us were born here.

Waste of time, they could have told us beforehand instead of telling us to vote, and then refuse us when we arrived, publically embarrassing us.

So quite frankly any future political vote can shove my vote up their arse. (we were sent polling cards for this vote too).

Country will go more tits up whatever the outcome.

You have to register to vote I don't have a British passport but I can vote so not sure why you were refused

Cherie 23-04-2017 04:23 PM

The Bank holidays would be on the Saints days

1 and 17 March, 23rd April and 30th November, all those 4 day weeks :flutter:

waterhog 23-04-2017 04:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9290185)
then vote Labour

we lag behind other countries in bank holidays anyway so its time we had a few more :hee:

I would not vote labour if they were the last party on earth - Jeremy and Gordon has finished them off - we need some new inspiration. :fist: