ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB16 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=663)
-   -   2 Years Today (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=318901)

Ant. 12-05-2017 08:33 PM

2 Years Today

Has it really been 2 years since Adjoa, Chloe, Amy and Sally, Nick, and Harriet graced our screens? Apparently so.

UserSince2005 12-05-2017 08:36 PM

I wish the season this year would start earlier. I'm only going to get to watch a week or two at this rate

Daniel. 12-05-2017 08:39 PM

Shook

Daniel. 12-05-2017 08:39 PM

I think that was the last time I was excited for BB

Ant. 12-05-2017 08:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 9304160)
I wish the season this year would start earlier. I'm only going to get to watch a week or two at this rate

Why's that?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel. (Post 9304163)
I think that was the last time I was excited for BB

Ironic, as I wasn't really excited for this series

y.winter 12-05-2017 08:48 PM

Nick was such a flop. :omgno:
Harriet was robbed and Jade should've stayed much longer.
So many wrong things in this series, it's an endless list.

Ant. 12-05-2017 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y.winter (Post 9304172)
Nick was such a flop. :omgno:
Harriet was robbed and Jade should've stayed much longer.
So many wrong things in this series, it's an endless list.

While true, he was enjoyable until Harry Amelia came along (at least for me). Then he was only enjoyable whenever he and Harry were in the background of awkward situations, like when they were just making out during the storm room carnage when poor Nikki got assaulted

Jade! Forgot about Jade. She was easily one of the best and should've made it to the final.

It's weird, there's so much wrong with it, yet I still found it enjoyable. Would I rewatch it? No way. The cast was really weak (besides maybe half the females, but it's pretty telling when only one woman made it to the final) and there were so many ****ty twists (WTF was Cashbomb? And don't get me started on 4in4out) but there's just some moments I just have to go back and rewatch

Daniel-X 12-05-2017 09:41 PM

Omg :omgno:
Feels so recent still to me, can't believe how quick time passes.

reece(: 12-05-2017 09:52 PM

The last time since 2 weeks of organic BB :love:

Jason. 12-05-2017 09:53 PM

Had so much potential until they pushed the panic button when ratings weren't to their expectations. It may be even worse than BB12 for me?

Greg! 12-05-2017 10:03 PM

2 years since we were all hoping and praying that Adjoa would open the right bomb thing in the garden :love:

Ant. 13-05-2017 10:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 9304245)
2 years since we were all hoping and praying that Adjoa would open the right bomb thing in the garden :love:

Omfg I remember the panic </3 In hindsight, I wish she was evicted instead of Showbiz. Yeah we'd be robbed of "Jesus is real, you know", her rivalry with Kieron ("if someone's been to tenerife you've been to elevenirife", and her over-using the butter after he asks people to be courteous to how much they use >>> anything else), and "I like pusseh", but she'd return 17 days later - making iconic moments (even if Kieron wasn't there to clash with </3) and hopefully getting further than 9 days

Epic. 13-05-2017 01:02 PM

Jade's eviction is when I lost hope, it was pretty random too. Was completely expecting Cristian or Harry way more than her.

QueenCharley 13-05-2017 04:19 PM

What a mess of a season. I still feel like that was one of the worst casts in BB history.

Ant. 14-05-2017 02:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by QueenCharley (Post 9304728)
What a mess of a season. I still feel like that was one of the worst casts in BB history.

Definitely the weakest on C5 (besides maybe BB15 and BB12)
The thing is, bigger characters like Harriet and Amy and Sally were evicted early. The bigger characters like Jade and Eileen were robbed midway through, and then everyone was pretty much dull. (Chloe was my favourite HM in BB16, but there's no denying she didn't have a personality bigger than the likes of Jade, and while Marc made for good TV, it was in a way similar to Helen/Bear, making him unbearable)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic. (Post 9304549)
Jade's eviction is when I lost hope, it was pretty random too. Was completely expecting Cristian or Harry way more than her.

This was the series Eileen lost to Joel in what was essentially a vote to save. Every eviction was random tbf - even the finale (The Chloe win was honestly unexpected) and its order (I thought Cristian would've ranked higher than Jack)

Marsh. 14-05-2017 03:04 PM

The Chloe win was hardly unexpected. This forum especially knew that would happen.

Overall, a Chloe win was pretty bizarre. But out of those left in the final, she was the clear winner.

QueenCharley 15-05-2017 07:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilbro (Post 9306363)
Definitely the weakest on C5 (besides maybe BB15 and BB12)
The thing is, bigger characters like Harriet and Amy and Sally were evicted early. The bigger characters like Jade and Eileen were robbed midway through, and then everyone was pretty much dull. (Chloe was my favourite HM in BB16, but there's no denying she didn't have a personality bigger than the likes of Jade, and while Marc made for good TV, it was in a way similar to Helen/Bear, making him unbearable)

Amy and Sally were not big characters IMO. I would say Amy and Sally, Keiran, Nick, Joel, Simon, Jack, Danny, Cristian, Sam and Aaron were horrendous casting choices (I know I almost listed the entire cast). And Adjoa and Sarah were wildly overrated but still okay.

I genuinely despise that series. I appreciate them casting a lot more normal people like Harriet, Jack and Chloe, but god the 4in4out twist really put the nail in the coffin for that series. Why they used that twist as a panic button really confuses me.