ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=708)
-   -   Imran & Arthur bicker over benefits (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320028)

Jake. 07-06-2017 04:42 PM

Imran & Arthur bicker over benefits

There's a bicker over benefits on tonight's Big Brother 2017.

Yesterday People’s Housemate Tom, split the housemates into citizens: Kieran, Mandy, Joe, Kayleigh, Imran, Ellie, Deborah who are waking up to comfort in Rose Cottage and exiles who are waking up in dingy Thorn Cottage: Chanelle, Arthur, Charlotte, Lotan, Rebecca, Raph, Hannah, Sukhvinder

In tonight's show, for a task, the citizens and exiles compete in a head to head game.

Big Brother asks pairs from each team which salacious headline they think represents which housemate on the opposing side.

Imran’s correct headline is ‘benefits backlash’, he explains, “As you know, I was married at a young age and have been working my ass off. I’m sick of people making excuses. I’ve had to travel all over the country to find work. Get up off your ass and find some work!”

Following the task, in the bathroom, Arthur and Imran get into a disagreement.

Arthur tells Imran; “My view on benefits is that you should take whatever you can. At the end of the day, if you got it you’ve got to flaunt it. There’s a system so play it.”

Imran disagrees; “How can we progress if we just think about ourselves? We have to help each other.”

Arthur thinks ‘it’s jealousy’. Imran says; “It’s not about jealousy, it’s humanity. You think it’s OK to exploit the Welfare State? I disagree with that.”

Wizard. 07-06-2017 04:52 PM

I think Arthur is just trying to be controversial because I doubt he's ever been on benefits

chuff me dizzy 07-06-2017 04:52 PM

https://t.co/PoqUoTwGo2

Imran lives in cloud cuckoo land ,the world is not sugar coated

Rob! 07-06-2017 04:53 PM

Arthur is a bit of a twit isn't he?

armand.kay 07-06-2017 04:54 PM

Arthur on job seekers as well as living off mum and dad?

Vicky. 07-06-2017 04:56 PM

I actually think Imran is being a tit over this

Quote:

I’m sick of people making excuses. I’ve had to travel all over the country to find work. Get up off your ass and find some work!”
Another who doesn't realise that most benefit claimants are actually employed. And making out as if jobseekers are just lazy rather than there being a shortage of actual (not 0 hours, not commission only) work.

Nicky91 07-06-2017 04:57 PM

Imran :clap1: :clap1:

Lostie! 07-06-2017 04:58 PM

They're both talking crap, each of them representing the worst stereotypes of each side of the debate. :facepalm:

chuff me dizzy 07-06-2017 05:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 9340179)
I actually think Imran is being a tit over this

Another who doesn't realise that most benefit claimants are actually employed. And making out as if jobseekers are just lazy rather than there being a shortage of actual (not 0 hours, not commission only) work.

Imrans made himself look very silly, living in a perfect world where everyone loves their neighbours .... Mary bloody Poppins !

Oliver_W 07-06-2017 05:25 PM

I thought they'd be the other way round, I thought Arthur was going to be like "peasants,, stop stealing the money taken from my bank account for existing" while Imran would be like "people need help y'know!!"

rusticgal 07-06-2017 05:27 PM

Am I missing something?? Imran saying he gets off his ass and does everything he can to earn a living rather than sponge off the state...and Arthur tells him to play the system...

...and Imran is getting negative comments??? :shrug::shrug::shrug:

Shaun 07-06-2017 05:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rusticgal (Post 9340237)
Am I missing something?? Imran saying he gets off his ass and does everything he can to earn a living rather than sponge off the state...and Arthur tells him to play the system...

Don't act shocked :laugh:

Lostie! 07-06-2017 05:32 PM

Quote:

Imran disagrees; “How can we progress if we just think about ourselves? We have to help each other.”
I don't get this part, surely if he's all for "helping each other", he should be in support of benefits for those who are genuine struggling to find work? If he's just talking about those who make no effort to do so then of course he's in the right, the other part made it sound like he's talking about benefits claimants in general.

Oliver_W 07-06-2017 05:34 PM

Quote:

Maybe it's like that stupid meme I see on Fb from time to time, the one that's like "nerr I'll grab a job from the job tree" that unemployed spongers who have no intention of working post?

Wizard. 07-06-2017 05:36 PM

It just sounds like something the producers have told them to argue about

Vicky. 07-06-2017 05:38 PM

Quote:

Imran is getting negative comments because he is coming across as a knob. He seems to not understand that most benefits are paid to people who have indeed 'got off their arses' and have jobs...just their employers don't pay them enough to live on. And also seems to be making out that those not lucky enough to have a job are just making excuses, despite most of these thousands and thousands of jobs that apparently are available being 0 hour contracts or commission only work. He is coming across as if he thinks people are unemployed or poorly paid because they just don't work hard enough...basically a very Tory way of thinking (though I don't know his political leanings)

Arthur is also being a knob. Seems he is just trying to be controversial as I seriously doubt he has ever been in the position to even think about benefits, let alone attempt to claim any.

Mystic Mock 07-06-2017 05:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jake. (Post 9340150)
There's a bicker over benefits on tonight's Big Brother 2017.

Yesterday People’s Housemate Tom, split the housemates into citizens: Kieran, Mandy, Joe, Kayleigh, Imran, Ellie, Deborah who are waking up to comfort in Rose Cottage and exiles who are waking up in dingy Thorn Cottage: Chanelle, Arthur, Charlotte, Lotan, Rebecca, Raph, Hannah, Sukhvinder

In tonight's show, for a task, the citizens and exiles compete in a head to head game.

Big Brother asks pairs from each team which salacious headline they think represents which housemate on the opposing side.

Imran’s correct headline is ‘benefits backlash’, he explains, “As you know, I was married at a young age and have been working my ass off. I’m sick of people making excuses. I’ve had to travel all over the country to find work. Get up off your ass and find some work!”

Following the task, in the bathroom, Arthur and Imran get into a disagreement.

Arthur tells Imran; “My view on benefits is that you should take whatever you can. At the end of the day, if you got it you’ve got to flaunt it. There’s a system so play it.”

Arthur thinks ‘it’s jealousy’. Imran says; “It’s not about jealousy, it’s humanity. You think it’s OK to exploit the Welfare State? I disagree with that.”

BIB, I hate people that think like this, not everyone that's out of work is a scrounger.

armand.kay 07-06-2017 06:03 PM

Quote:

Because imran is implying that everyone who receives benefits are just lazy and don't work...

rusticgal 07-06-2017 06:20 PM

OK...point taken. Had he said he was on benefits though I bet there would be a few condemning him...

Gusto Brunt 07-06-2017 06:42 PM

I like Arthur but in last night's highlights he seemed like he was drugged up...I could hardly understand what he was saying...

JoshBB 07-06-2017 10:38 PM

Somehow both of them managed to be wrong? lmfao

Mystic Mock 08-06-2017 01:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBB (Post 9341810)
Somehow both of them managed to be wrong? lmfao

This.:joker:

caprimint 08-06-2017 01:50 AM

I agreed mostly with what Arthur was saying, except for the 'jealousy' part, no idea what that was about. Imran is just one of those typical people who thinks he's ~worked so hard so he doesn't approve of others being on benefits.

Arthur's "play the system" comment was great btw :joker:

RhysJones 08-06-2017 03:29 AM

Arthur came off looking like a massively spoilt brat today, I do love that both Imran and Sukhvinder are on the show not to benefit themselves but to actually make a difference, Something refreshing unlike Arthur

Niamh. 08-06-2017 09:24 AM

Quote:

Yeah was just thinking Have I picked up their conversation wrong or something? :laugh:

I like Arthur but Imran was talking complete sense imo