ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=708)
-   -   Raph 's popularity on here is ridiculous. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=320511)

Pro Sniper 13-06-2017 01:12 AM

's popularity on here is ridiculous.

Come on man, the boy is a pretty hopeless HM. He's about on a par with those rubbish sisters :bored:

Shaun 13-06-2017 01:15 AM

To be expected really since he's been an established member since 2009 :shrug:

Pro Sniper 13-06-2017 01:19 AM

So he's a member? big deal? Does that mean people "must" give him silly praise when it's clearly unwarranted?

Marsh. 13-06-2017 01:20 AM

Yes. I can't imagine the 100% adulation I'd get if I were in there.

Shaun 13-06-2017 01:21 AM

No one's asking you to do that, feel free to criticise him as a housemate and/or praise the others.

I wouldn't just write it off as a 'TiBB Thing' though because he's gaining a lot of traction elsewhere.

Pro Sniper 13-06-2017 01:25 AM

"he's gaining a lot of traction elsewhere." No doubt from the LGBT community? Again, ridiculous.

Marsh. 13-06-2017 01:28 AM

What does it matter if it is LGBT? Are they not allowed to have favourites?

Withano 13-06-2017 01:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Sniper (Post 9356809)
"he's gaining a lot of traction elsewhere." No doubt from the LGBT community? Again, ridiculous.

Lol wot

Shaun 13-06-2017 01:28 AM

Yup. Big gay agenda. You cracked the code.

armand.kay 13-06-2017 01:29 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pro Sniper (Post 9356800)
So he's a member? big deal? Does that mean people "must" give him silly praise when it's clearly unwarranted?

He's friends with a lot of the people on here why are you surprised at the support?

Locke. 13-06-2017 01:33 AM

TiBB favourite, Digital Spy favourite, currently storming the Tellymix eviction poll, and now the support seems to have spread to Twitter and Facebook. It's not just a TiBB thing now. A week ago, yeah. But not now.

Pro Sniper 13-06-2017 01:36 AM

Friends are supposed to be honest with each other. If one of your friends went on x factor and butchered a song, would you lie to yourself and to them by telling them how great they were? or be honest with them and tell them they sucked, and singing simply ain't for them. He seems a decent enough lad but he's an extremely uninteresting HM. He'd have been much better off on the US/CAN version..

Shaun 13-06-2017 01:41 AM

If "being a good housemate" were as clearcut and easily definable as "having a good voice on the X Factor" you'd have a point but the fact is Big Brother is open to all sorts of interpretation and he's coming across as a relatively nice guy with a touch of popularity. Why is this surprising to you? lol

Jian Yang 13-06-2017 01:47 AM

I like him. He's a nice guy. Being nice in BB is a sin nowadays though!

Novo 13-06-2017 01:56 AM

Doubt he would really be championed by many LGBT people anyway, he's been pretty mellow in the house, hes mentioned he is gay and had a few conversations about it but I wouldn't really say he is there to represent the LGBT community he's more there to do with the fact he loves the show, don't think he's really assed about a certain section of the audience liking him otherwise he wouldn't have said the Trump thing to get in.

DouglasS 13-06-2017 02:00 AM

I'm a loyal friend and I'll support him regardless, but he is popular regardless of TiBB, you can look on other websites and he's the favotire on there also. yes he is easily leading these polls and moreso than other websites, but he is also leading on almost all other websites, and its because hes genuinely a nice person. He is one of the only few people that actually kept in touch with me by text/skype/FB/other social media, and he genuinely does care about people.

Mystic Mock 13-06-2017 03:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun (Post 9356818)
If "being a good housemate" were as clearcut and easily definable as "having a good voice on the X Factor" you'd have a point but the fact is Big Brother is open to all sorts of interpretation and he's coming across as a relatively nice guy with a touch of popularity. Why is this surprising to you? lol

Also The X Factor has alot of different variables than just one good or bad performance in itself, so a show like Big Brother will interpreted in alot more different ways as people like different personalities, we're not all a hive and that goes for straight or LGBT.

Amy Jade 13-06-2017 04:41 AM

I don't think it's ridiculous at all he's been great since day 3 onwards.

I must confess though the first few days some of the support here was cringe worthy, if you dared even criticise Raph you faced a barrage of 'you don't know him like me' or being called jealous, that has settled down though.

Vanessa 13-06-2017 04:50 AM

Raph popular is growing at an alarming rate. He's topping all the who to save polls and his winning odds are also climbing fast. He's not just popular in here, but also DS, Facebook and Twitter. Even I can't believe how popular he is. I'm shocked! But he is a nice guy and he is extremely likable. I think the public love an underdog.

Vanessa 13-06-2017 04:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Locke. (Post 9356815)
TiBB favourite, Digital Spy favourite, currently storming the Tellymix eviction poll, and now the support seems to have spread to Twitter and Facebook. It's not just a TiBB thing now. A week ago, yeah. But not now.

It's amazing! I knew he would do well, but this? I can't believe it:amazed:

y.winter 13-06-2017 05:54 AM

I don't think I've spoken to Raph before he entered, though I did see his posts.
Was his launch night was good? No, the VT was terrible and didn't give a good impression. Is he the best housemate ever to enter BB? No, and he should definitely start doing more. Is he a good person and the nicest in that group? so far, yes, he is. Him being a TiBB member is another good reason to support him, and there's nothing wrong about that - we are proud that "one of us" is there and we support a dear friend of this forum - and he's doing nothing wrong in the house, so I don't see why we shouldn't.

jennyjuniper 13-06-2017 06:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jian Yang (Post 9356822)
I like him. He's a nice guy. Being nice in BB is a sin nowadays though!

I agree with this.:wavey:

Novo 13-06-2017 06:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 9356855)
I don't think it's ridiculous at all he's been great since day 3 onwards.

I must confess though the first few days some of the support here was cringe worthy, if you dared even criticise Raph you faced a barrage of 'you don't know him like me' or being called jealous, that has settled down though.

Did anyone actually say " you dont know him like me " ? Ffs :laugh:

Amy Jade 13-06-2017 06:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NovoBaratheon (Post 9356893)
Did anyone actually say " you dont know him like me " ? Ffs :laugh:

Not exactly but words to that effect.

bitontheslide 13-06-2017 06:36 AM

There is no relationship between popularity on this forum and a successful result. I wouldn't associate any bias as an unfair advantage. This forum is littered with the debris of a hundred failed popularity polls :laugh: