ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=708)
-   -   Should civillian BB move from summer? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=322705)

Jordan. 01-07-2017 11:15 PM

Should civillian BB move from summer?

So it's been a tradition for BB to air over summer since it has started but after this years ratings have tanked and LI stealing all the reality tv attention do you think it'd be a wise choice for C5 to try BB at a different time of the year?

I personally think at this point in the shows life it'd be worth a try just to see if they can get ratings up again. Winter CBB generally rates better than summer so having a series at the start of the year could be a good thing.

Thoughts? :think:

Epic. 01-07-2017 11:18 PM

Yes I agree, at least as an experiment

Jason. 01-07-2017 11:19 PM

They should just axe summer CBB and launch civilian later in the summer so it doesn't clash with LI for the whole time.

Plus with BB being so short nowadays, it would finish by September.

Jordan. 01-07-2017 11:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 9415359)
They should just axe summer CBB and launch civilian later in the summer so it doesn't clash with LI for the whole time.

Plus with BB being so short nowadays, it would finish by September.

This would be more ideal but it's just not realistic that they'd axe CBB :worry:

The only other downside to moving it would mean two CBB series back to back or it'd have to follow winter CBB but I could live with that if it brought some life back to the show.

Jack_ 01-07-2017 11:30 PM

I like Big Brother being in the summer and would never really like it to move but in fairness I remember thinking that BB12 airing in the autumn wasn't actually that bad? In an ideal world the pointless summer CBB would be axed but it's not going to happen so either:

Late May - Late June: CBB (so as to get a head start on Love Island)
Late July - Late September: BB

OR

Late May - Late June: CBB
Early September - Early November (to avoid IAC)

I don't think civilian at the start of the year would work really. I actually think the saddest thing about either of these scenarios is that the new house design would be for CBB and the modifications would be for civilian :(

Greg! 01-07-2017 11:33 PM

Yes, they should try it in the Autumn next year. It will give the girls who are craving some more RTV after Love Island is finished something to watch. But If BB19 ends up being the last series then there's not much point in moving it.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 01-07-2017 11:34 PM

a cute idea

Razor 01-07-2017 11:37 PM

They just need to get better housemates. This years bunch are probably the worst in a long time.

Greg! 01-07-2017 11:40 PM

Hmm I actually think having civilian BB a week after January CBB is over could get it a lot of interest. Then they can air the second CBB in summer to keep the tradition of BB during the summer.

Samm 01-07-2017 11:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 9415395)
Hmm I actually think having civilian BB a week after January CBB is over could get it a lot of interest. Then they can air the second CBB in summer to keep the tradition of BB during the summer.

a cute idea, start her in feb - april and then summer CBB in july

Samm 01-07-2017 11:55 PM

not really bothered anymore about BB in summer, it's not like it takes over your summer anymore with 45 minutes worth of footage each day ahhh

Wizard. 02-07-2017 12:32 AM

Maybe they should move it to Spring time around April seeing as nothing else is on. CBB could start in June/July and that would be our summer version.

supertv247 02-07-2017 12:42 AM

I genuinely think next summer, they'll swap them around like in 2011, so that CBB clashes with love island and "wins the war" but in all that will probably just damage CBB unnecessarily, plus I don't think they should air BB after CBB because nobody will watch 4 weeks and then want to dedicate themselves to another 8 weeks. It's different the other way around, cause you've just watched 7/8 weeks so may as well watch CBB for another 4.

Gstar 02-07-2017 12:49 AM

I couldn't imagine it any other time of the year. People had their Christmas decorations up and BB12 was still on, it just didn't feel right. It's a good suggestion but I think it's too far gone in terms on injecting life back into it

armand.kay 02-07-2017 12:51 AM

The problem is what normal person has that much time to spare in January who isn't a Z-lister

Gstar 02-07-2017 12:51 AM

It could work later on in the summer but you know, other priorities (Summer CBB)

Chero 02-07-2017 05:27 AM

Is there really even a civilian BB anymore? Most of the housemates seem to make a living at reality TV. Even Arthur came from reality TV. I'd like to see it stay in the summer, but I'd like to see them not have people who've been on a reality show before. And for the Celebrity one, I'd kind of like it if they stopped thinking of reality show people as "celebrities". Most of the time these people are all playing up to the cameras all the time. It's like they're so busy trying to make sure something happens, that they never just let it happen, anymore.

BBDodge 02-07-2017 06:19 AM

It should run after the summer CBB.

sungrass 02-07-2017 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jordan. (Post 9415353)
So it's been a tradition for BB to air over summer since it has started but after this years ratings have tanked and LI stealing all the reality tv attention do you think it'd be a wise choice for C5 to try BB at a different time of the year?

I personally think at this point in the shows life it'd be worth a try just to see if they can get ratings up again. Winter CBB generally rates better than summer so having a series at the start of the year could be a good thing.

Thoughts? :think:

I think so - people tend to watch more TV in the winter Last year it started in May and was a successful series - I wouldnt say in mid winter during xmas but early spring yes.

Nicky91 02-07-2017 10:01 AM

No, it isn't a summer without BB :)

Will. 02-07-2017 11:15 AM

Yeah they should i cba watching BB everyday over Summer.

Autumn is a good idea.