ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=708)
-   -   Why is BB letting aggressors get away with serious intimidation (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=323126)

sampvt 06-07-2017 05:19 PM

Why is BB letting aggressors get away with serious intimidation

People that show extreme aggression like sue and Andrew have, are just as bad as the people that react. If they were warned for unacceptable language and actions, these nasty aggressive barnies would never get off the ground. Are they going to listen when someone gets glassed or badly hurt. Its as if they actively are encouraging it.

The first big injury and the shows closed

reece(: 06-07-2017 05:20 PM

:crazy:

Ant. 06-07-2017 05:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 9429871)
People that show extreme aggression like sue and Andrew have, are just as bad as the people that react. If they were warned for unacceptable language and actions, these nasty aggressive barnies would never get off the ground. Are they going to listen when someone gets glassed or badly hurt. Its as if they actively are encouraging it.

Sue's a black woman who raised her voice so I can see why you're calling her aggressive, but how is Andrew aggressive?

You never had a problem with this with Lotan, or Sam.... :shrug:

Vicky. 06-07-2017 05:23 PM

We don't want more warnings. Seriously Sam, arguments are part of real life. What on earth would be the point in watching BB if they were warned for raising their voices and such. I get that you dislike Andrew and sue, but if those rules were applied to them, they would be applied to everyone and the would be no show at all :umm2:

'Serious intimidation' is such a ridiculous exaggeration too.

AnnieK 06-07-2017 05:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 9429885)
We don't want more warnings. Seriously Sam, arguments are part of real life. What on earth would be the point in watching BB if they were warned for raising their voices and such. I get that you dislike Andrew and sue, but if those rules were applied to them, they would be applied to everyone and the would be no show at all :umm2:

'Serious intimidation' is such a ridiculous exaggeration too.

:clap: completely agree

sampvt 06-07-2017 05:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 9429899)
:clap: completely agree

So calling an obviously annoyed straight man my darling boy is not serious intimidation and starting arguments with no foundation hoping for a reaction is ok is it. I agree that arguments will happen but deliberate baiting is out of order.

Vanessa 06-07-2017 05:30 PM

Almost everyone has been aggressive in there. Except Raph, Isabelle and Charlotte.

Ant. 06-07-2017 05:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 9429904)
So calling an obviously annoyed straight man my darling bot is not serious intimidation and starting arguments with no foundation hoping for a reaction is ok is it. I agree that arguments will happen but deliberate baiting is out of order.

Are you projecting yourself onto Joe here Sam? Are you that insecure about your sexuality and masculinity that, if you were called darling, you would be seriously intimidated?
If you find that 'seriously aggressive' then... well, I'm speechless

sampvt 06-07-2017 05:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilbro (Post 9429910)
Are you projecting yourself onto Joe here Sam? Are you that insecure about your sexuality and masculinity that, if you were called darling, you would be seriously intimidated?
If you find that 'seriously aggressive' then... well, I'm speechless

The fact that you cant see my point is worrying

AnnieK 06-07-2017 05:36 PM

Dont think darling boy is intimidating. Patronising yes.....goading yes but not intimidating.

Ant. 06-07-2017 05:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 9429915)
The fact that you cant see my point is worrying

What's your point? Andrew called a straight man 'darling'. Did such heterophobia against annoyed Joe shake him to the core? Are you suggesting Andrew knew Joe would be too sensitive to be rocked by such a term? Does that justify Joe's reaction?

Headie 06-07-2017 05:37 PM

I agree, it's shocking how much Sam, Ellie, Joe and Tom get away with

Jordan. 06-07-2017 05:40 PM

How fragile

Withano 06-07-2017 05:41 PM

I really don't remember tibb ever being this sensitive. What's changed. Nothing serious has happened since fight night, calm down.

rusticgal 06-07-2017 05:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 9429923)
Dont think darling boy is intimidating. Patronising yes.....goading yes but not intimidating.

I would say goading and intimidating amounts to the same thing...you are saying things in an attempt to get a reaction.:shrug:

Withano 06-07-2017 05:46 PM

Quote:

So calling an obviously annoyed straight man my darling boy is not serious intimidation and starting arguments with no foundation hoping for a reaction is ok is it. I agree that arguments will happen but deliberate baiting is out of order.

Andrew didn't say it because he was straight, he said it because Joe was being a precious snowflake and over-sensitive and Andrew wanted to make a point out of that. It was passive aggressive of anything, Joe was closer to actual aggression.

Both gay and straight men are allowed to call both gay and straight men 'my darling boy'. Sure there was a hidden motive when Andrew used it, but like get over it, my darling boy.

Mystic Mock 06-07-2017 07:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sampvt (Post 9429871)

If we're being fair Chanelle, and Kayleigh should be ejected.

Lotan should've been given a final warning for Fight Night, as should've Ellie and Deborah.

Andrew should've got a warning for his thing with Raph yesterday, but nothing more.

I can't comment on Sue's moment as I haven't watched it yet.

Joe should be on his final warning for getting up in Rebecca and Andrew's faces in those arguments.

Tom is on his final warning which is fair.

And I do think that Hannah maybe should've got a warning for restraining Raph yesterday.

So tbf it's not just Sue and Andrew that have gotten away with things imo.

Mystic Mock 06-07-2017 07:55 PM

Quote:

Winding people up is a valid strategy on BB.

We wouldn't have had BB6 or Rex Newmark at all if you took that strategy away from BB.

Marsh. 06-07-2017 07:56 PM

Quote:

What's his sexual orientation got to do with it?

armand.kay 06-07-2017 07:57 PM

Sorry why are we encouraging more pointless warnings?

Kazanne 06-07-2017 07:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 9430360)

We wouldn't have had BB6 or Rex Newmark at all if you took that strategy away from BB.

Sexy Rexy now there was a good housemate.they don't make them like that anymore.

Vanessa 06-07-2017 07:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 9430360)

Rex was hilarious :joker:

Mystic Mock 06-07-2017 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 9430366)
Sexy Rexy now there was a good housemate.they don't make them like that anymore.

He was an iconic Housemate for BB9 for his baiting style.

If Sampvt's rules were put in place for BB9, Rex Newmark would've been ejected in that series.

Vanessa 06-07-2017 08:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 9430374)
He was an iconic Housemate for BB9 for his baiting style.

If Sampvt's rules were put in place for BB9, Rex Newmark would've been ejected in that series.

I'd swap you for scrabble :laugh3:

Mystic Mock 06-07-2017 08:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 9430377)
I'd swap you for scrabble :laugh3:

I love that comment.:joker:

But ironically he would've got a warning for that under Sampvt's rules that they'd apply to BB.