ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB20 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=711)
-   -   How many actual Celebs are there? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=326138)

Smoking Toad 02-08-2017 06:35 PM

How many actual Celebs are there?

I counted 3 that I had really heard of, the rest are reality show non celebrities.......compared to the early series it is so poor.

rionablue 02-08-2017 06:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoking Toad (Post 9520618)
I counted 3 that I had really heard of, the rest are reality show non celebrities.......compared to the early series it is so poor.

Amelia cos of X factor Karthick cos of the Apprentice Paul cos he has been in so much reality stuff Sandi cos of Goggle Box and Shaun cos of Eastenders they would be the top 5 well known of a very bad lot

Cal. 02-08-2017 06:38 PM

I'd count Sarah, Shaun, Amelia, Brandi, Derek, Helen and Paul as actual celebrities.

Alf 02-08-2017 06:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rionablue (Post 9520624)
Amelia cos of X factor Karthick cos of the Apprentice Paul cos he has been in so much reality stuff Sandi cos of Goggle Box and Shaun cos of Eastenders they would be the top 5 well known of a very bad lot

Sarah?

Jamesy 02-08-2017 06:54 PM

All of them could be classed as 'actual celebs' depending on what TV shows you watch and how engaged you are with pop culture

Maxxie. 02-08-2017 06:56 PM

Some of them are reality legends though. Tbh I don't actually remember Amelia from X factor, I just know the name and know her as a singer.

pontyboi 02-08-2017 07:05 PM

Every series we get the same thread. It's not about their celebrity status some of the least known have been the most entertaining.

bitontheslide 02-08-2017 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontyboi (Post 9520689)
Every series we get the same thread. It's not about their celebrity status some of the least known have been the most entertaining.

well, the title is a bit of a give away celebrity big brother is its title

People could argue all day about whether someone is a celeb, whether they are famous enough to warrant that description, that's how the producers can get away with it

CherryTango 02-08-2017 07:38 PM

The fact there are no Loose Women 'stars' in there is enough for me tbh

thisisdanny 02-08-2017 07:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoking Toad (Post 9520618)

Just because YOU haven't heard of them doesn't mean they're not celebrities. They're known in their own right for the TV show they're from or their background. Just because I don't watch Mob Wives or know Marissa doesn't mean I think she's not a celebrity haha

Gusto Brunt 02-08-2017 07:41 PM

I counted 4.

rionablue 02-08-2017 08:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9520626)
Sarah?

Sorry Alf forgot her yes Sarah cos of Girls Aloud

reece(: 02-08-2017 08:29 PM

Very few of them

Smoking Toad 03-08-2017 03:22 AM

The first CBB had Eubanks, Feltz, Turner, Duffy, Dee and Sweeney.....all well known at the time....series 2 very much the same, maybe interest has dwindled or so many have experienced negativity from CBB that the real stars no longer want to go in and we are scouring the USA for their reality non celebs

Serg 03-08-2017 03:47 AM

Sarah is the only real celebrity there :shrug:

Marsh. 03-08-2017 03:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisdanny (Post 9520774)
Just because YOU haven't heard of them doesn't mean they're not celebrities. They're known in their own right for the TV show they're from or their background. Just because I don't watch Mob Wives or know Marissa doesn't mean I think she's not a celebrity haha

Yes, because being a mobster's wife makes you a celeb. :hugesmile:

Shaun 03-08-2017 04:05 AM

Helen's a well-known actress
Shaun's a well-known actor
Derek's relatively well-known
Sarah's from the biggest girlband of the past 15 years
Sandi's from a very popular TV show
Amelia finished 3rd on the X Factor and had a couple of Top 40 hits
Paul was famous...a while ago :laugh:

The "why are they famous?" ones really are Sam, Karthik, Chad, Jordan, Jemma, Marissa, Brandi and Trisha. But then YouTube has bigger outreach than most other platforms today so I wouldn't consider Trisha in that bracket.

Withano 03-08-2017 06:10 AM

They're all technically celebrities. Just some of them more so than others.

RichardG 03-08-2017 06:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smoking Toad (Post 9522047)
The first CBB had Eubanks, Feltz, Turner, Duffy, Dee and Sweeney.....all well known at the time....series 2 very much the same, maybe interest has dwindled or so many have experienced negativity from CBB that the real stars no longer want to go in and we are scouring the USA for their reality non celebs

Have you not watched the show since CBB2 then? If you have then surely you'd know by now not to expect any A listers.

Locke. 03-08-2017 06:56 AM

Just Danan for me, never heard of the rest

Josy 03-08-2017 08:46 AM

Well it really depends on what tv shows and stuff you watch I guess :shrug: if you've watched the show they are known for then they will be famous to you...

bitontheslide 03-08-2017 11:21 AM

celebrity just isnt a hard and fast term like it used to be. In the days when you could only see a film at the cinema or the only way to hear a band was buy the record or go to the show, then celeb status was easily defined. Now with so many media outlets, and so many variations on "popular" media its not possible to define celebrity in the same context.

If even 1 person watching thinks a person is a celeb, then they are :shrug:

Jord 03-08-2017 11:31 AM

The only ones I don't know are Marissa and Trisha.

ThatsMyUserName 03-08-2017 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CherryTango (Post 9520773)
The fact there are no Loose Women 'stars' in there is enough for me tbh

No TOWIE either... at the moment. I know there's the MIC guy, but he actually seems nice so far. I'm dreading a Bobby Norris late entry - time to switch off if he does come in.

LeatherTrumpet 03-08-2017 12:00 PM

If you take a celeb as someone who has an actual talent and is on TV/internet/film/radio

Sean for his acting
Helen for her acting

the rest no, Sarah was in the right place at the right time but she has no talent as such