ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Owen Jones Show LIVE NOW LBC FREE RADIO (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327593)

arista 19-08-2017 11:31 AM

Owen Jones Show LIVE NOW LBC FREE RADIO

Must be 12 - 3 or 4 PM

He is talking about Terrorism-Politics

LIVE

http://www.lbc.co.uk/

Brillopad 19-08-2017 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9567753)
Must be 12 - 3 or 4 PM

He is talking about Terrorism-Politics

LIVE

http://www.lbc.co.uk/

He's a know-it-all who simply has an opinion like everyone else, just a left-wing bore. Being a left-wing journalist does not a political expert make.

DemolitionRed 19-08-2017 12:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9567777)
He's a know-it-all who simply has an opinion like everyone else, just a left-wing bore. Being a left-wing journalist does not a political expert make.

So you're clearly not going to be listening in. Its important we know this "⸮"

arista 19-08-2017 12:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9567777)

Yes Brillo he is left wing
but on a Panel helps it become more balanced.

He is Honest - That Matters

Before him was Ch4HD Matt Frei
he does not pick a side.

Own Jones and Nic Ferrari on a panel would WORK
FACT

arista 19-08-2017 12:05 PM

Hour 2
he is talking about Stephen Hawking...../.......

Oliver_W 19-08-2017 03:53 PM

Of course he's sperging on about Hawking, I saw Corbyn didn't miss the opportunity to gloat on Facebook about how the "smartest scientist in the world" thinks the Tories are ruining the NHS.

Alf 19-08-2017 05:07 PM

I bet he's not going on about terrorists attacks in Spain and Finland?

After 1 person was killed in Charlottesville he went on a tweet rage for days about White-supremacy and Nazis. After 13 people were killed in Barcelona, 1 tweet saying "Solidarity Barcelona" Nothing about the people that committed the murders.

That's because Jones is a collectivist who plays identity politics. He doesn't believe in equality.

Brillopad 19-08-2017 05:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9568200)
I bet he's not going on about terrorists attacks in Spain and Finland?

After 1 person was killed in Charlottesville he went on a tweet rage for days about White-supremacy and Nazis. After 13 people were killed in Barcelona, 1 tweet saying "Solidarity Barcelona" Nothing about the people that committed the murders.

That's because Jones is a collectivist who plays identity politics. He doesn't believe in equality.

He should sod Orf!

arista 19-08-2017 06:06 PM

Brillo
Owen is 100 times better than NAZ.
its good to have a change

Utter FACT

Brillopad 19-08-2017 06:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9568372)
Brillo
Owen is 100 times better than NAZ.
its good to have a change

Utter FACT

Nothing in politics is fact.

DemolitionRed 19-08-2017 06:34 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9568396)
Nothing in politics is fact.

Does that include historical data?

Jack_ 19-08-2017 06:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9568200)
I bet he's not going on about terrorists attacks in Spain

Incorrect.

https://www.facebook.com/LBC/videos/...type=2&theater

Brillopad 19-08-2017 06:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 9568458)
Does that include historical data?

Who knows. Would you say 100% that all historical data is correct or perceived to be correct.

It would depend entirely on what 'historical' data was being presented ie who was pri-minister at a given time (correct) or said pri-minister did a good job(opinion).

Alf 19-08-2017 07:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 9568493)

I ain't listening (I'm watching child genius), but I take your word for it.

Does he call them Islamic terrorists? like he called the Charlottesville terrorist Nazi and White supremacist?

Brillopad 19-08-2017 07:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9568545)
I ain't listening (I'm watching child genius), but I take your word for it.

Does he call them Islamic terrorists? like he called the Charlottesville terrorist Nazi and White supremacist?

Only at the end when he tried to suggest we need to look at the reasons behind that kind of terrorism. :shrug: Apparently that only applies one way.

DemolitionRed 19-08-2017 08:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9568500)
Who knows. Would you say 100% that all historical data is correct or perceived to be correct.

It would depend entirely on what 'historical' data was being presented ie who was pri-minister at a given time (correct) or said pri-minister did a good job(opinion).

Of course not but I would say a lot of it is proven fact. We know for example that Margaret Thatcher convinced the nation that there was “no alternative to neoliberalism”. We know Cameron called a referendum and we know Corbyn became leader of the Labour party.

Northern Monkey 19-08-2017 08:40 PM

Missed it.I don't agree with alot Owen Jones says but he does also make some good points that i agree with.

DemolitionRed 19-08-2017 09:15 PM

I've read 'Chavs' and really enjoyed it but then I read, 'The Establishment' and quickly got fed up with the name dropping. I'm up and down about Owen Jones. He's got a good head on his shoulders but his political views seem to be too easily influenced by the big boys he hangs out with.

Brillopad 19-08-2017 09:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 9569055)
I've read 'Chavs' and really enjoyed it but then I read, 'The Establishment' and quickly got fed up with the name dropping. I'm up and down about Owen Jones. He's got a good head on his shoulders but his political views seem to be too easily influenced by the big boys he hangs out with.

'Chavs' is that the name of his autobiography! :hehe:

DemolitionRed 19-08-2017 09:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9569105)
'Chavs' is that the name of his autobiography! :hehe:

No, its about shaming people who use that word on people... like you just have :hee:

arista 19-08-2017 09:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 9569055)

Yes Owen is Due to have New TV Debate show soon
(not going public until it is fully confirmed and on listings )
but it seems LBC has pushed in front of that
due to Naz needing a break after filling in for so many
taking their holiday at the same month

Also OWEN is better than James O' Brien.

arista 19-08-2017 09:55 PM

By the way on CHAVS

Before Owens writings
there was a Top Quality Sky1
Docu by a Female Writer

Brillopad 19-08-2017 09:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DemolitionRed (Post 9569233)
No, its about shaming people who use that word on people... like you just have :hee:

To shame others you need to be whiter than white. Do you see him that way? Honestly he looks about 15 and acts it in my opinion.

Toy Soldier 20-08-2017 08:31 AM

Pri-minister....

DemolitionRed 20-08-2017 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9569259)
To shame others you need to be whiter than white. Do you see him that way? Honestly he looks about 15 and acts it in my opinion.

He only shames those who persecute on perception. Do you understand that you are doing just that?