ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=698)
-   -   Christopher Biggins Bisexual Comments aired on a BBC2 Documentary about Coming Out (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327648)

Ant. 19-08-2017 11:34 PM

Bisexual Comments aired on a BBC2 Documentary about Coming Out

http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...-2-owens-story

It's at 0:50 and there's only a small clip, him saying, "I think the worst are bisexuals"

It's kinda sad it feels surreal to see Big Brother mentioned anywhere outside of C5 nowadays

Epic. 19-08-2017 11:36 PM

Good he deserves it!!!

Ant. 19-08-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertC (Post 9569475)
Good he deserves it!!!

I'm still baffled how people thought his comments were okay?? I'm glad that more people can see it and be disgusted by it

Epic. 19-08-2017 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilbro (Post 9569478)
I'm still baffled how people thought his comments were okay?? I'm glad that more people can see it and be disgusted by it

Remember in Pete's Top 50 of 2016 when he got #31 out of 50 people???? Outranking people that look waaay better than him like Scotty, John, Darren Day, Sam Giffen, Stephanie Davis, Kristina, Andrew Tate, Grant Bovey, Alex Cannon,, etc. Like HOW??? :skull:

RileyH 20-08-2017 12:01 AM

Hate him. The fact that people thought that these comments were okay is actually disgusting. If he said this abouts gays people would kick off but since he said if about people like me and people thought this was right is just wrong.

Epic. 20-08-2017 12:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RileyHollyoaks (Post 9569519)
Hate him. The fact that people thought that these comments were okay is actually disgusting. If he said this abouts gays people would kick off but since he said if about people like me and people thought this was right is just wrong.

^Yeah exactly!

And oh my GOODNESS. Remember when he was removed and loads of viewers were complaining about how he should be allowed to hold his own views, no matter HOW severe??? :umm2: There's right to free speech and then there's just plain hate speech. The reaction to his (deserved) removal was the first early sign CBB18 would be baaaad.

RileyH 20-08-2017 12:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertC (Post 9569525)
^Yeah exactly!

And oh my GOODNESS. Remember when he was removed and loads of viewers were complaining about how he should be allowed to hold his own views, no matter HOW severe??? :umm2: There's right to free speech and then there's just plain hate speech. The reaction to his (deserved) removal was the first early sign CBB18 would be baaaad.

Agree completely. Awful man, and the people trying to defend it were even worse.

Ant. 20-08-2017 01:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertC (Post 9569489)
Remember in Pete's Top 50 of 2016 when he got #31 out of 50 people???? Outranking people that look waaay better than him like Scotty, John, Darren Day, Sam Giffen, Stephanie Davis, Kristina, Andrew Tate, Grant Bovey, Alex Cannon,, etc. Like HOW??? :skull:

He ranked THAT high?! He was probably tied with Bear as the worst HM of 2016. Its probably because people ranked him high because controversy equals entertainment equals good housemate!!

Ant. 20-08-2017 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by RobertC (Post 9569525)
^Yeah exactly!

Why was I surprised Bear won when there was so much uproar that Bighins very offensive comments caused his ejection?? ESPECIALLY when he brought up HIV/AIDs

I loathe people who use "freedom of speech" as an excuse. That's so you can hate on Theresa May without being shot, not an excuse to discriminate on ethnic minorities. It's a crime for a reason

I can't believe Ofcom didn't take his comments even further. They were direct insults to the LGBT+community and I'm fairly sure he attacked other groups.

reece(: 20-08-2017 11:24 AM

He's tragic

Jay28jay2 20-08-2017 11:33 AM

Vile disgusting man, never liked him anyway

Greg! 20-08-2017 11:57 AM

Ugh he really was disgusting

Lostie! 20-08-2017 01:49 PM

His comments were awful (especially from a gay man). And Renee was just as bad (but her part is always overlooked).

Ant. 20-08-2017 02:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lostie! (Post 9570214)
His comments were awful (especially from a gay man). And Renee was just as bad (but her part is always overlooked).

I actually got around to watching the full thing today and her comments were aired later on ("that [bisexuals] upsets me. ... Pick a team!") I completely forgot she said that :umm2: I don't see why she didn't get warned. She certainly didn't take it as disgustingly far as Biggins did but I feel awkward because I enjoyed her so much and I didn't even remember her biphobia :worry: