ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   Should I go to university? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=327928)

Cal. 22-08-2017 09:29 PM

Should I go to university?

I want to do veterinary nursing as a career first off. You can train by going to university or doing it as an apprenticeship. I want the experience of university as I believe it will allow me to progress as a person but at the same time an apprenticeship could help me financially and stop me getting into debt...but could effect my personal development/social life/life experiences. I'm not very good at long winded post but yeah kind of at a cross road!

Daniel. 22-08-2017 09:30 PM

Yes if it appeals to you

It has never particularly appealed to me but I think it's a great thing to do if your interested

Braden 22-08-2017 09:32 PM

Hun, you're the only one that can make that decision.

Weigh out the pro's and con's, and then go with your gut.

Withano 22-08-2017 09:37 PM

Huh, I would normally advise anybody to go to University if they know what course they want to do.. but if there's a cheaper alternative that can get you to the exact same place, i vote that. You'll still have your A level friends, and new apprentice friends to party with..

LeatherTrumpet 22-08-2017 10:41 PM

No, absolutely not. Get work

reece(: 22-08-2017 10:41 PM

University for the sesh!

Jamie89 23-08-2017 12:32 PM

Personally I think the experience of going to uni can be just as important as the educational side (if it's something that you think appeals to you - it's not for everyone) so I'd say to go for it. If it turned out to be something you don't want to do and you'd rather go down the apprenticeship/other route then you can still do that, lot's of people drop out of uni early on because they realise it's not for them and there's nothing wrong with that.

Nicky91 23-08-2017 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 9578848)
I want to do veterinary nursing as a career first off. You can train by going to university or doing it as an apprenticeship. I want the experience of university as I believe it will allow me to progress as a person but at the same time an apprenticeship could help me financially and stop me getting into debt...but could effect my personal development/social life/life experiences. I'm not very good at long winded post but yeah kind of at a cross road!

aw so cute and good for you if you could do that, pets are important and so loveable, so i would say do it

but make your own choice Cal, go with your heart :)

Jordan. 23-08-2017 01:01 PM

I'd say jump right into the career and start making money if the opportunity is available. The years of hands on experience you will gain from an apprenticeship will be worth more than a degree imo.

andybigbro 23-08-2017 01:42 PM

I've just graduated university ( with a First class honours :smug: ) and it was a lot of hard work. I didn't really benefit from the social side because I went to uni later than my friends and was older than everyone in my year and couldn't be arsed with the social side really. But the feeling after completing uni and gaining my desired grade is an achievement I am really proud of.

If you want to go to uni you'll need to put in a lot of work but the end result is something you can be proud of forever :)