ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB20 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=711)
-   -   Which HM surprised you the most? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328292)

*mazedsalv** 25-08-2017 11:26 PM

Which HM surprised you the most?

1. Chad- It is incredible seeing someone who went in the way he did, his VT and his persona for the first 2 days, actually making it to the final 5 and becoming liked (even by the end of the interview, the crowd were cheering him and Jemma). Is it odd that I am sorta proud? He showed himself to be a very nice, level-headed and loyal individual who didn't bitch. By far the biggest revelation of the series. Another case of "never judge a book by its cover" From least fave to fave... just like Isabelle.

2. Marissa- Really actually liked her towards the end of her run, shame she had to go early. Ended up liking her more outside the house by following what she is doing.

3. Paul- Very up and down with Paul. But all in all, he IS a nice guy, someone who wants to always be centre of attention, but he is not malicious. I thought he'd be completely vile.

point17 25-08-2017 11:29 PM

agree with all 3 - chad did well, and I found myself liking Jemma more over the series as well.

However with such a short season, many housemates never got enough airtime to get to know them enough to see any changes

Vicky. 25-08-2017 11:32 PM

Jemma. I expected her to be ejected on day 1 or 2.

I also expected to really really hate her.

AProducer'sWetDream 25-08-2017 11:33 PM

I was totally shocked to find myself liking (even before he got with Sarah) Chad. For me he is a great argument against the early evictions they sometimes do. Some housemates take time to become comfortable and reveal their true personalities. Tbh in the regular series I wouldn't mind waiting two weeks before the first eviction.

Paul was a great surprise to me as well. I'd not seen anything from him but my older family members immediately told me that I'd hate him when he was rumoured. I found him quite entertaining and oddly charming.

On the other end of the scale, I was shocked at how much I found Sandi irritating. Sandi and Sandra are one of my favourite groups on Gogglebox and I was excited to see her going in. In the end I felt like there wasn't much to her. I'm ashamed to admit I loved Trisha to begin with too.

Ashley. 25-08-2017 11:34 PM

Chad. And to some extent Sarah, because I didn't expect her to be such a character nor did I think she'd win until around two weeks in.

*mazedsalv** 25-08-2017 11:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley. (Post 9590313)
Chad. And to some extent Sarah, because I didn't expect her to be such a character nor did I think she'd win until around two weeks in.

Thought Sarah would be one of those celebs who get the highest fee and do nothing to show their character and just collect their cheque. How wrong were we!

Ant. 25-08-2017 11:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley. (Post 9590313)

This completely. I was indifferent towards Sarah and I was ADAMANT I'd hate Chad. They're both my faves alongside the big K <3

reece(: 25-08-2017 11:38 PM

Jemma

Hated her on EOTB, but she was a necessity here.

MB. 25-08-2017 11:39 PM

Chad and to a lesser extent, in retrospect, Paul (positively), Trisha, Brandi (negatively)

troy4783 25-08-2017 11:39 PM

Tbh Sarah I actually thought on launch night she would be a bit of coaster and not bring much boy how wrong I was :laugh2:

Headie 25-08-2017 11:40 PM

Pleasantly Surprising: Chad, Helen, Karthik
Surprisingly Disappointing: Marissa, Trisha, Amelia

Cal. 25-08-2017 11:42 PM

Jemma. Couldn't stand her going in but ended up being disappointed at her poor finish in the final.

Jase. 26-08-2017 12:01 AM

Chad!

"If you were a spice girl, you'd be ****ty spice" TRULY is iconic.

RileyH 26-08-2017 12:06 AM

Chad can make me pregnant any day, but I didn't like him at the beginning. Hated Jemma on EOTB but loved her in here and didn't expect Sarah to be such a prominent character when all she said on launch night was 'I'm a tomboy, I'm just one of the lads' well obviously not when your in a group called GIRLS aloud

but anyway there's mine

Osjama 26-08-2017 12:10 AM

Trisha - confirmed my suspicions she's totally false nothing genuine about her at all basically a poodle I expected more out of her

Paul - he's actually p nice he just has issues

Chad - I think everyone was surprised by him lol he's such a sweetheart

Sarah - didn't expect her to be the centrepiece of the series tbh

Sandi - really liked her on gogglebox but she was quite rude and unlikable here

Tbh @ the I'm disappointed about Marissa comments she didn't do much but you have to consider the fact she was nominated as soon as she walked through the door and was only in there for like 7 days and the first few days everyone is putting on a facade anyway plus if that were me I wouldn't want to go too crazy while up for eviction especially since it's my first days

millyrose 27-08-2017 11:37 AM

Sarah thought she would be a coaster
Helen thought she would be more vocal

montblanc 27-08-2017 04:58 PM

1. Chad : i hated him in the beginning and then i watched his The Batchelors best bits on YouTube and i liked him but hated him at the same time and then i grew to love him :joker:
2. Trisha - i stanned her at the start but she was very unlikable after the first eviction & on social media after she walked. AND she literally has the worst fanbase of anyone that ever came on this show.
3. Sarah - i didn't expect her to be like that :skull:
4. Karthik - i never hated him but i never expected to love him the way that i do :joker:
5. Jemma - I hated her on EOTB :skull: ironically she was my favorite at the start bc of that but it was more of a love to hate BUT i ended up just loving her :love:

Lewismacfarlane 27-08-2017 05:00 PM

Amelia I thought she would've been out week 2

But she did well

Vanessa 27-08-2017 05:02 PM

Paul. I knew he would be good. But he was a lot better than I tought he would be. One of the best housemates in there. Left too soon..

Braden 27-08-2017 05:13 PM

Chad.

Didn't think much of him prior to finding out he was going to be on the show, thought he'd maybe be a typical douchebro, and he ended up really sweet and endearing. His relationship with Sarah was the highlight of the last week or so of the series, and he had really charming and funny moments.

Tozzie 27-08-2017 07:30 PM

Chad.....when he first went in I didn't like him because I thought he was conceited and thought he was 'it' but as time went on I grew to really like him

Daniel. 27-08-2017 07:36 PM

I expected Jemma to be a horrible bitch I would loathe

I thought she was great

girlfighter1992 27-08-2017 09:07 PM

Chad was the complete opposite to what I thought he was going to be he is a sweetheart and should of done better than 5th place

Jake. 27-08-2017 09:28 PM

Sarah

Thought she'd be the series bore

rionablue 27-08-2017 10:19 PM

Jemma as I grew to really like her
Sarah because I thought she was a nice girl and boy how wrong I was
Marissa I was so disappointed she was out first I think she would have done much better if she hadnt been killer nominated