ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Brillos Corbyn thread (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328336)

Brillopad 11-07-2017 04:38 AM

Brillos Corbyn thread

https://www.theguardian.com/commenti...ion-tories-win

Talk about count his chickens. Corbyn's ego defines him. He thinks he has it in the bag with all his bribery, at the taxpayers' expense - but so far he's all talk. To see that ego and all his huffing and puffing deflate would be interesting to say the least.

There's nothing like an old fool who is standing at the gates of the last chance saloon.

This hysterical 'hero worship' thing going on with some Labour voters reminds me of Christmas and the must have Christmas toy debacle - childish, desperate fads with a hidden agenda from those desperate to sell something. Works well on the young and naive.

Kizzy 11-07-2017 10:00 AM

And the hopeful desperate for an end to the pressure placed on the most vulnerable. Times they are a changin, for the better. You have to ask yourself in all seriousness taking wages, caps, austerity, housing, the NHS how could things get any worse?

The age of 'I'm alright Jack' is coming to an end, they have stretched the public conscience to capacity and now we are seeing the snap back, I'm very glad to say.
Corbyn isn't alone in his stance within the Labour movement, he is one of many social reformers who still believe in the ethos instilled when the Labour party was created.

Many were well aware of the danger to infrastructure posed by the tories due to their relentless privatisation, environmental and foreign policies. Corbyn is one man, it is ridiculous to suggest it is simply his personal opinion that draws support. What he has done is highlight areas that were conveniently hidden.

JTM45 11-07-2017 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9441421)
bribery, at the taxpayers' expense

Like the £1 billion that May just bought the UDP's support with you mean ? Bribes don't get much bigger or more unethical than that!

It's time for the old crone and her party of out of touch farts to step aside and let King Corbyn take his rightful place upon his throne. Maybe then he can start cleaning up this mess that May has made of our Country.

Livia 11-07-2017 11:07 AM

Age is a funny thing, isn't it. There's Theresa May described as an "Old Crone" alongside a supportive message for Corbyn, who is older than she is. You can't beat a bit of intelligent political debate right?

If Corbyn gets in next time - and he has plenty of time for people to wake up before then - it'll be the same as it always is. Labour will spend all the cash, people will vote the Tories back in, they'll have to make cuts and the whole merry-go-round begins again.

Kizzy 11-07-2017 12:28 PM

Good, spend some money, invest in the future. look at this graph... post war reforms and we go into surplus, so don't tell me that austerity and scaling back public services and welfare is the route out from the deficit.

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/in...chartDp03t.png

http://www.ukpublicspending.co.uk/uk...ficit_analysis

Oliver_W 11-07-2017 01:00 PM

One of the most important deciding factors in elections should be border policies. With the migrant crisis in Europe having adverse effects in places like Germany, Austria, and especially Sweden, keeping tight borders should be a priority.
... Yes, May's been rubbish with immigration, but at least she claims to want to limit migration, unlike Corbyn, who's pro-open borders.

Brillopad 11-07-2017 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 9441957)
One of the most important deciding factors in elections should be border policies. With the migrant crisis in Europe having adverse effects in places like Germany, Austria, and especially Sweden, keeping tight borders should be a priority.
... Yes, May's been rubbish with immigration, but at least she claims to want to limit migration, unlike Corbyn, who's pro-open borders.

I completely agree. Without tight borders we won't have much else - and safety and security will become bigger and bigger issues.

Withano 11-07-2017 06:15 PM

I dunno, the polls were very accurate this time around, and hes got a hefty margin in them at the moment...
But chances are, that one day, eventually, surely? Torys will do something that isnt completely tragic? And voters might swing back in to their favour... cuts to the emergency forces didnt help, nor did creating a coalition with the DUP. But like they might stop being tragic soon. Maybe... Surely?

Toy Soldier 11-07-2017 08:37 PM

"The party leader’s name reverberates, but the old leftwing assumption of inevitable victory is his Achilles heel."

An assumption of inevitable victory IS an Achilles hell, always, in any circumstance but calling it a "leftwing assumption"? In 2017? After this last election? ... ... ... ..... really, though?

It was the assumption of (dramatic) victory that lead the Tories to call a GE in the first place, AND to drag their heels on the campaign trail :think:. I don't think you can call something "leftwing" when the Tories have just literally done the exact same thing within the last 6 months.

arista 15-07-2017 09:32 PM

No its Corbyn Vs whoever the New leader of conservative's
is in 2022.

From all polls Labour can win it.

Tom4784 16-07-2017 01:43 PM

Anyone of the working/middle classes that would continue to vote Tories after the ****show that has been the last election and the unethical bribing and subsequent bull**** that followed do not love themselves. It is nothing but wilful ignorance to ignore everything that has happened.

Then again people who blindly vote for one party without understanding what they are voting for just to prevent someone they dislike from becoming PM deserve what they get for their ignorance. Vote on policies that you agree with, voting for something just because it's opposed to something else is utter foolishness.

Brillopad 17-07-2017 08:32 PM

Did students vote for Corbyn twice watchdog demands urgent action

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...urgent-action/

Very interesting!!!

Toy Soldier 17-07-2017 09:15 PM

"evidence that thousands of people registered to vote multiple times, as many as 70 per cent of residents in some areas"

Bull**** :facepalm:

Denver 17-07-2017 09:15 PM

I believe they would

lewis111 17-07-2017 09:16 PM

Yes because voting fraud only ever helps the side you don't like

Tom4784 17-07-2017 09:25 PM

Ah, the Tories and their supporters must be getting desperate if they are resorting to what is essentially Voter Suppression.

The majority of students didn't vote for a Tory government and they aren't going to in the future, this is just an attempt to disparage and discourage a demographic that isn't favourable to the Tories from voting in the future. It's fairly transparent.

The Tories aren't likely going to retain power in the next election, instead of trying to discourage people from voting they should perhaps think about why they did so **** in this election and learn from their mistakes.

Wizard. 17-07-2017 09:30 PM

Yes this needs to be investigated and fast!

Brillopad 17-07-2017 09:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9461384)
Ah, the Tories and their supporters must be getting desperate if they are resorting to what is essentially Voter Suppression.

The majority of students didn't vote for a Tory government and they aren't going to in the future, this is just an attempt to disparage and discourage a demographic that isn't favourable to the Tories from voting in the future. It's fairly transparent.

The Tories aren't likely going to retain power in the next election, instead of trying to discourage people from voting they should perhaps think about why they did so **** in this election and learn from their mistakes.

No, they are too busy participating in illegal voting. They have such faith in Corbyn they CHEAT.

Oh those on the left were so quick to accuse the tories of this, that and the other, when all the time Labour had their own dirty little secret.

No surprises there!

Tom4784 17-07-2017 09:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9461423)
No, they are too busy participating in illegal voting. They have such faith in Corbyn they CHEAT.

Oh those on the left were so quick to accuse the tories of this, that and the other, when all the time Labour had their own dirty little secret.

No surprises there!

Okay, I see you have nothing of value to add to what I said then. Just more Corbyn obsession on your part with nothing of substance or interest to back it up.

Every response you come up with is either 'Corbyn this! 'Corbyn that!' or 'I know you are but what am I?' It's so very dull. I know what you'll write before you write it.

Brillopad 17-07-2017 09:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9461444)
Okay, I see you have nothing of value to add to what I said then. Just more Corbyn obsession on your part with nothing of substance or interest to back it up.

Every response you come up with is either 'Corbyn this! 'Corbyn that!' or 'I know you are but what am I?' It's so very dull. I know what you'll write before you write it.

This thread is about the Students behaviour and the steps they will go to to get those free uni fees, not Corbyn's.

:pat:

Tom4784 17-07-2017 09:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9461489)
This thread is about the Students behaviour and the steps they will go to to get those free uni fees, not Corbyn's.

So you went for the 'I know you are but what am I?' approach.....even though it was you that brought up Corbyn in the first place....follow your own advice and stick to the topic, perhaps?

Also not you've replied to me twice without uttering a single word about what I actually said so yeah.

Jarrod 17-07-2017 09:51 PM

Yes because I obviously voted here and then did the 12 hour round trip to vote again at home.

Idiots.

Jarrod 17-07-2017 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9461489)

Erm, I think you'll find my vote was actually decided by the things Corbyn wanted to bring to the table that would benefit the entire UK. Tuition fees don't bother me! It was my choice to go to university.

Tom4784 17-07-2017 09:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jarrod (Post 9461581)
Yes because I obviously voted here and then did the 12 hour round trip to vote again at home.

Idiots.

They're trying to pull a Trump, last I heard his administration was trying to push through 'anti-voting fraud' laws that essentially was voter suppression by a different name.

It's fairly blatant that this is just an attempt to dissuade students from voting in future since they proved to be an influential part of this election that weren't in the Tories' favour.

Brillopad 17-07-2017 09:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9461627)
They're trying to pull a Trump, last I heard his administration was trying to push through 'anti-voting fraud' laws that essentially was voter suppression by a different name.

It's fairly blatant that this is just an attempt to dissuade students from voting in future since they proved to be an influential part of this election that weren't in the Tories' favour.

What rubbish - if people are voting legitimately why would they be dissuaded. If they have nothing to hide they have no reason to be put off.