ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB18 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=708)
-   -   Raph so did he live up to our expectations (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=328678)

Nicky91 04-09-2017 01:04 PM

so did he live up to our expectations

as BB is over, now we can discuss has Raph lived up to the expectations we had for him

well for me personally from the launch show i had him as a winner, so yes i was also happy with him as a runner up

but anyone please did he live up to our expectations or did you not have expectations for Raph

MB. 04-09-2017 01:11 PM

I thought he'd be Welsh

Cal. 04-09-2017 01:35 PM

He was a better housemate than I thought he would be and lasted a lot longer than I thought he would too.

Nicky91 04-09-2017 01:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 9605267)
He was a better housemate than I thought he would be and lasted a lot longer than I thought he would too.

wow so you actually thought him to be out first or second, or third

Cal. 04-09-2017 01:41 PM

I remember predicting he'd be evicted week 3 somewhere.

My first three out predictions were-

1st out - Chanelle
2nd out - Kayleigh
3rd out - Raph

I think.

Nicky91 04-09-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 9605276)
I remember predicting he'd be evicted week 3 somewhere.

My first three out predictions were-

1st out - Chanelle
2nd out - Kayleigh
3rd out - Raph

I think.

based on the VT i guess

well Chanelle first out glad it didn't happen :hee: and glad that Raph exceeded your expectations either

RileyH 04-09-2017 02:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 9605234)
I thought he'd be Welsh

:laugh2:

LeatherTrumpet 04-09-2017 02:04 PM

Did not know him and found him to be a bit creepy and a bit dull, far to fond of sucking up to certain girls

Vanessa 04-09-2017 02:06 PM

He was amazing for me. A great guy and also very funny. So glad he finished as runner up. Very well deserved.

Amy Jade 04-09-2017 02:29 PM

He was better than I expected from his VT. I liked him from here generally so hoped he would do well but I think I predicted midway so he did better than I thought.

He is my favourite male housemate ages too I normally stan girls but Raph was consistently in my top 4 all series from about week 3 onwards.

Scream 04-09-2017 02:32 PM

where is the gemma collins on the phone "NO" gif

Marsh. 04-09-2017 02:36 PM

I didn't watch after the launch night,

Niamh. 04-09-2017 02:43 PM

I thought he did great, he wasn't the most entertaining HM ever but he survived well in there and always seemed grateful for the experience which is great. He came across as a really nice person too. Also, second place is not to be sniffed at

pontyboi 04-09-2017 02:49 PM

No one really lives up to expectations to me Infact it's usually the people I think are going to be boring really out do themselves and become big characters aka Isabelle

Niamh. 04-09-2017 02:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontyboi (Post 9605328)
No one really lives up to expectations to me Infact it's usually the people I think are going to be boring really out do themselves and become big characters aka Isabelle

Yeah Isabelle was amazing. I so didn't want her going in there originally, i really misjudged her because of her look and the fact that she was going in as Kierons ex

joeysteele 04-09-2017 02:52 PM

Yes in fact for me he exceeded expectations in a very difficult house and him not being strongly argumentative or looking to bore with any showmance tripe.

Competing for airtime when a determined push is made for any showmance storyline is hard.
However I loved his diary room assessments of the house and still recall his singing Happy Birthday in 5 languages.

The sad thing for me and I am not a fan of Nicola McLean at all, however she clearly had a great rapport with Raph when visiting the house,so for me it is sad too much was made on Gemma and then near nothing seen at all as to Raph and Nicola's interaction.

Littlegreen 04-09-2017 02:55 PM

Didn't know of him before BB, so I had no expectations. My support grew from who he was as a housemate.

Vanessa 04-09-2017 02:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9605324)
I thought he did great, he wasn't the most entertaining HM ever but he survived well in there and always seemed grateful for the experience which is great. Her came across as a really nice person too. Also, second place is not to be sniffed at

We tried so hard to get him in the top three. Voted like crazy in the final :laugh:

hijaxers 04-09-2017 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 9605227)
as BB is over, now we can discuss has Raph lived up to the expectations we had for him

well for me personally from the launch show i had him as a winner, so yes i was also happy with him as a runner up

but anyone please did he live up to our expectations or did you not have expectations for Raph

I think he certainly lived up to expectations and some.
He can be very proud of himself as i'm sure we are all proud of him.

Nicky91 04-09-2017 03:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Littlegreen (Post 9605332)
Didn't know of him before BB, so I had no expectations. My support grew from who he was as a housemate.

wow :amazed:

support from not someone pre-judged before BB :hee:

pontyboi 04-09-2017 03:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 9605329)
Yeah Isabelle was amazing. I so didn't want her going in there originally, i really misjudged her because of her look and the fact that she was going in as Kierons ex

Me to I judged her solely on her appearance but she went into that house and was an absolute legend taking the house leaders out one by one....it was poetic lol.

Niamh. 04-09-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontyboi (Post 9605400)
Me to I judged her solely on her appearance but she went into that house and was an absolute legend taking the house leaders out one by one....it was poetic lol.

Yeah, the way she took Lotan out was legendary, she never even broke a sweat :laugh:

pontyboi 04-09-2017 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 9605330)
Yes in fact for me he exceeded expectations in a very difficult house and him not being strongly argumentative or looking to bore with any showmance tripe.

Competing for airtime when a determined push is made for any showmance storyline is hard.
However I loved his diary room assessments of the house and still recall his singing Happy Birthday in 5 languages.

The sad thing for me and I am not a fan of Nicola McLean at all, however she clearly had a great rapport with Raph when visiting the house,so for me it is sad too much was made on Gemma and then near nothing seen at all as to Raph and Nicola's interaction.

Well let's be honest who was he ever going to have a showmance in there with. Please big brother recruit some alpha, fit gay men! I did like Raph but to me he belonged in bb4.

MB. 04-09-2017 03:44 PM

An eight year old Raph would have livened BB4 right up, I agree

Nicky91 04-09-2017 03:46 PM

an 8 year old bb housemate would Always be iconic :D