ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   BB2, most overrated series to date... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=331153)

Eddie. 22-11-2017 10:38 AM

BB2, most overrated series to date...

...does anybody else agree?
The only characters that interested me were Narinder, Helen and to a certain extent, Paul. The only storylines which keep this season going are Amma vs Stuart, and Paul + Helen.
Also, the winner, Brian, is probably the most overrated, I found him extremeley annoying.
All in all, it's the second worst old school and C4 series (with BB4 coming in last obvs.)

Macie Lightfoot 22-11-2017 10:48 AM

BB4 objectively has more going on than 2 tbh.

y.winter 22-11-2017 06:39 PM

IT's the only series I couldn't find fully online. I'm waiting for it to pop somewhere someday. :laugh:

James 22-11-2017 11:33 PM

Probably my favourite series, and the reason this site came about. It was a different show back then though, with less expectation to see nightly drama.

Amy Jade 23-11-2017 01:32 AM

I loved BB2 until Narinder left, after that I struggled to watch.

I never watched it live so it doesn't hold any nostalgia for me either. BB3 was a huge step up.

Shaun 23-11-2017 04:46 AM

I remember reading a lot about it and only being allowed to watch some bits on TV but my family hated it so...

It didn't seem a classic.

Eddie. 23-11-2017 05:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 9704841)
I loved BB2 until Narinder left, after that I struggled to watch.

I never watched it live so it doesn't hold any nostalgia for me either. BB3 was a huge step up.

Eddie. 23-11-2017 05:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by y.winter (Post 9704442)
IT's the only series I couldn't find fully online. I'm waiting for it to pop somewhere someday. :laugh:

where did you find BB1 and BB4?

AnnieK 23-11-2017 06:47 AM

Yeah agree with James....it was a different show back then. People really started being interested in the show after the Nasty Nick incident in BB1 so it was quite anticipated. The live stream on E4 was great and it was just a good show to watch. I took the final as a days holiday from work so I could watch the live stream all day. It was a great series and when the BB bug hit a lot of people

Cal. 23-11-2017 09:49 AM

It had some classic housemates in Brian, Narinder, Helen (she wasn't much to my tastes but in the public's psyche) and Paul (see: Helen). It did die after Narinder left at the end of the first month and was pretty dull overall.

Cal. 23-11-2017 09:50 AM

http://media.gettyimages.com/photos/...re-id830663024

Alf 23-11-2017 12:12 PM

It's proably the most infuencial series for the shows evolution. After series 1 was an experiment which had potential to make another series. BB2 was the template for what was to become of the show.

Niamh. 23-11-2017 12:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by James (Post 9704813)
Probably my favourite series, and the reason this site came about. It was a different show back then though, with less expectation to see nightly drama.

Same ^^^

The one that got me hooked. Probably a different experience to go back and watch it though for people who started watching later on

Eddie. 23-11-2017 03:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cal. (Post 9704960)

Robbed queen. :clap1:

reece(: 23-11-2017 04:28 PM

It was trash

y.winter 23-11-2017 05:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Eddie. (Post 9704854)
where did you find BB1 and BB4?

I've just managed to find and download BB4, and BB1 is also on the way. :cheer2:

looper007 11-12-2017 09:14 PM

No Sorry Eddie, it's nowhere near as bad as BB8, 11 or 4 (which I think is underrated). BB1, 9 or 10 isn't as good either. It's nowhere in the same ballpark as 5,6,7,3 for entertainment but I think BB2 is just fine, I think Brian is one of the best BB winners and housemates there ever was. BB 2 really is the first real BB show, I mean Davina really came into her own with this series, the public were in straight away, big newspapers were having housemates on the front pages, BB was the talk of the town. It started to have that showbiz feel. Although it didn't really kick in until BB3.

It had one of the sweetest romances in Helen and Paul, although wasn't she dating someone else at time. But it did drag people in. Brian was the first real character of the show and the first to really get the fame, although Nasty Nick and Craig and one or two others from BB1 did do well after the show. Brian was the first to make bigger inroads. I think he's still the best BB winner ever.
It's not a great BB but it's fine.

looper007 11-12-2017 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ChristmasNeeve (Post 9705098)
Same ^^^

The one that got me hooked. Probably a different experience to go back and watch it though for people who started watching later on

It's probably tame and not as OTT as later series, even by BB5 it seemed a little old hat. But I like BB1 and 2 have that sort of innocence to them, BB 3 and 4 do too. Yeah some of those shows did have nudity, bad language but the lack of fame hungry wannabes and fake romances and OTT twists is a nice change of pace.

Marsh. 11-12-2017 10:36 PM

The early series can't be appreciated this long after by watching the highlights shows on youtube.

It's why I don't get how people can watch the show for the first time on youtube. Especially the early years.

Much of the BB viewing experience encompassed the live feed, the spin off shows, watching it live and as it happens, as it unfolds. Seeing the evictee all over the TV, newspapers passing comment on what was happening after they left etc.

So someone coming along who was in nappies at the time it aired, watching a half hour highlights on youtube and saying "It was dull" because it's 16 years old and completely different to what the show is now doesn't really mean much.

As for "overrated" I don't see how so? Where are the legions of people hailing it as the best thing ever?

The highest rated seasons on this site tend to be 6, 7, 10, 13 and ones like that.

Marsh. 11-12-2017 10:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sir Alfred (Post 9705093)
It's proably the most infuencial series for the shows evolution. After series 1 was an experiment which had potential to make another series. BB2 was the template for what was to become of the show.

I'd give that award to BB5, which drastically shook up what the show was after the BB4 flop which led to the type of show it remains today.

Eddie. 11-12-2017 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looper007 (Post 9735954)
No Sorry Eddie, it's nowhere near as bad as BB8, 11 or 4 (which I think is underrated). BB1, 9 or 10 isn't as good either. It's nowhere in the same ballpark as 5,6,7,3 for entertainment but I think BB2 is just fine, I think Brian is one of the best BB winners and housemates there ever was. BB 2 really is the first real BB show, I mean Davina really came into her own with this series, the public were in straight away, big newspapers were having housemates on the front pages, BB was the talk of the town. It started to have that showbiz feel. Although it didn't really kick in until BB3.

It had one of the sweetest romances in Helen and Paul, although wasn't she dating someone else at time. But it did drag people in. Brian was the first real character of the show and the first to really get the fame, although Nasty Nick and Craig and one or two others from BB1 did do well after the show. Brian was the first to make bigger inroads. I think he's still the best BB winner ever.
It's not a great BB but it's fine.

it's ok to have your own opinion, you don't need to feel sorry... :)

Eddie. 11-12-2017 11:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by merr.y.winter (Post 9705381)
I've just managed to find and download BB4, and BB1 is also on the way. :cheer2:

cool, hope I can watch these two series soon, especially since both of them are a rarity...

Niamh. 12-12-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by looper007 (Post 9735968)
It's probably tame and not as OTT as later series, even by BB5 it seemed a little old hat. But I like BB1 and 2 have that sort of innocence to them, BB 3 and 4 do too. Yeah some of those shows did have nudity, bad language but the lack of fame hungry wannabes and fake romances and OTT twists is a nice change of pace.

Yeah exactly, it's actually what I miss most in BB but even with going back to basics you could never recreate that

Niamh. 12-12-2017 09:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariah_Carey (Post 9736067)
The early series can't be appreciated this long after by watching the highlights shows on youtube.

It's why I don't get how people can watch the show for the first time on youtube. Especially the early years.

Much of the BB viewing experience encompassed the live feed, the spin off shows, watching it live and as it happens, as it unfolds. Seeing the evictee all over the TV, newspapers passing comment on what was happening after they left etc.

So someone coming along who was in nappies at the time it aired, watching a half hour highlights on youtube and saying "It was dull" because it's 16 years old and completely different to what the show is now doesn't really mean much.

As for "overrated" I don't see how so? Where are the legions of people hailing it as the best thing ever?

The highest rated seasons on this site tend to be 6, 7, 10, 13 and ones like that.

:worship:

Cal. 12-12-2017 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mariah_Carey (Post 9736067)

Sorry Gramps!