ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB21 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=725)
-   -   India: "Drag Queens weird me out, they are like clowns *shudder* (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333049)

LeatherTrumpet 06-01-2018 08:15 AM

India: "Drag Queens weird me out, they are like clowns *shudder*

wow: she really is coming for a paid up member member of the LBGTumbrella :shocked:

we all have to shelter from the hail and rain of mascs and cis scum sis

what gives :shrug:

chuff me dizzy 06-01-2018 08:21 AM

Said to try to stop Shane dressing up as he looks a million times better than she does

LeatherTrumpet 06-01-2018 08:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 9773383)
Said to try to stop Shane dressing up as he looks a million times better than she does

that is what she is worried about i bet

Shaun 06-01-2018 08:24 AM

To be fair, she could've been on about Bianca del Rio.

https://www.famousbirthdays.com/face...anca-image.jpg

parmnion 06-01-2018 08:27 AM

She said something on opening night as well..bloody hypocrite.

chuff me dizzy 06-01-2018 08:31 AM

Did India choose that ridiculous dress last night so people would remember she's had a sex change ?

parmnion 06-01-2018 08:34 AM

Surely she realises she looks manly no matter how many pop skirts she tries on....thats whats hurting her so much.

thesheriff443 06-01-2018 08:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9773386)
that is what she is worried about i bet

Have you never put on a pair of knickers, truth?

Jamie89 06-01-2018 03:24 PM

I didn't think her comment was that bad tbh. Drag queens dress in costume, clowns dress in costume, the comparison is that some people do have a fear of clowns (regardless of that being irrational) and I think India was just trying to highlight how seeing drag queens makes her feel, and based on what she's said when she's talked about drag queens before, it's to do with her not wanting to be compared to them... there isn't a comparison between drag queens and transsexuals yet people often make them, so seeing drag queens might make her uncomfortable because of that, even if it is irrational... like a fear of clowns. I can see why what she said might have seemed insensitive but that's my take on where she's coming from anyway.
What will really be telling is how she treats a drag queen on a personal level, how she behaves with Courtney and if she dismisses her or treats her with respect.

bitontheslide 06-01-2018 03:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jamie89 (Post 9774020)
I didn't think her comment was that bad tbh. Drag queens dress in costume, clowns dress in costume, the comparison is that some people do have a fear of clowns (regardless of that being irrational) and I think India was just trying to highlight how seeing drag queens makes her feel, and based on what she's said when she's talked about drag queens before, it's to do with her not wanting to be compared to them... there isn't a comparison between drag queens and transsexuals yet people often make them, so seeing drag queens might make her uncomfortable because of that, even if it is irrational... like a fear of clowns. I can see why what she said might have seemed insensitive but that's my take on where she's coming from anyway.
What will really be telling is how she treats a drag queen on a personal level, how she behaves with Courtney and if she dismisses her or treats her with respect.

You would think given her own demands she would be a trifle more tolerant of others wishing to be individuals

Withano 06-01-2018 03:37 PM

Uk drag queens tend to be a bit more crude and hypersexual tbf. Although, I doubt this is what she meant by that.

LeatherTrumpet 06-01-2018 03:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thesheriff443 (Post 9773408)
Have you never put on a pair of knickers, truth?

Im LT

:shrug:

Jamie89 06-01-2018 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 9774022)
You would think given her own demands she would be a trifle more tolerant of others wishing to be individuals

Yeah definitely I just didn't view it as intolerance towards drag queens tbh, I think it's about not wanting to be compared to them by other people, and when she sees drag queens she's reminded of those comparisons, which she can't really help. I don't know what's going on in her head I'm just assuming because she's talked a bit about that before in relation to drag queens. What she can help is how she treats them on a personal level which is why I say it'll be telling how she treats Courtney, and if it is actually intolerance or not.

Jamie89 06-01-2018 03:50 PM

I get the irony of her using a comparison to highlight her issue with being involved in a comparison though :laugh:

Tarryn 06-01-2018 03:55 PM

I'm the daughter of a Drag Queen & after seeing how India treated Amanda for a simple slip up, she should show no intentional prejudice against any person.
She came across as a hypocrite last night. I can only imagine the outrage if somebody in there had said this about transgender people.

Livia 06-01-2018 04:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tarryn (Post 9774076)
I'm the daughter of a Drag Queen & after seeing how India treated Amanda for a simple slip up, she should show no intentional prejudice against any person.
She came across as a hypocrite last night. I can only imagine the outrage if somebody in there had said this about transgender people.

Pretty much what I came in to say. Except my Dad's not a Drag Queen, obviously.

Jake. 06-01-2018 04:01 PM

She’ll be in the DR for one of those “ignore the obvious” tasks now with John and Shane L in drag trying to make her jump

Ashley. 06-01-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 9773400)
Did India choose that ridiculous dress last night so people would remember she's had a sex change ?

She won't let us forget it.

thesheriff443 06-01-2018 04:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9774054)
Im LT

:shrug:

I know who you are, I wanted you to tell me the truth about putting on a pair of knickers dear boy

Osjama 06-01-2018 04:44 PM

Complains about people immintating women and looking like clowns despite doing the exact same thing :joker::joker:

Why ask people to accept you when u won’t accept others

Honestly think she’s slightly jealous that Courtney act actually looks like a woman while in drag

Underscore 06-01-2018 04:44 PM

I can't stand her

shes just jel Courtney looks more of a woman than her and she hasn't even had any ops

Nicky91 06-01-2018 04:53 PM

i want to respect her but these words really are offensive towards Drag Queens, who dress up for fun, for entertainment, and because they feel proud to be queens

calling them clowns is an insult, India is signing her first evictee contract i think :fan:

Vanessa 06-01-2018 05:17 PM

She's jealous of Courtney, who looks a hell of a lot better as a woman.

Northern Monkey 06-01-2018 05:50 PM

How ‘progressive’ of her.These people with the most victim points seem to be the most intolerant.

Gusto Brunt 06-01-2018 09:22 PM

Courtney is great. Put India's in her place tonight.