ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Terrorist walks free... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=333565)

Kizzy 12-01-2018 11:00 PM

Terrorist walks free...

A Britain First supporter who drove at a curry restaurant owner after saying “I’m going to kill a Muslim” is to walk free after serving his prison sentence while on remand.

The Old Bailey heard that Marek Zakrocki, 48, also gave a Nazi salute and shouted “white power” before driving his van at Kamal Ahmed outside Spicy Night restaurant in Harrow, north-west London, on 23 June last year – the first anniversary of the Brexit vote.

He told a police officer while in his van: “I’m going to kill a Muslim. I’m doing it for Britain. This is how I’m going to help the country. You people cannot do anything.”

On Friday, Zakrocki was sentenced to 33 weeks in jail by Judge Anthony Leonard QC after pleading guilty last month to dangerous driving and beating his wife. On Friday, he also admitted drink-driving. He will be released due to time spent on remand.

He was originally also accused of attempted murder and three racially aggravated offences but those charges were not pursued by the Crown Prosecution Service. Further charges of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm and having a knife in a public place were ordered to lie on file.

When armed officers arrested Zakrocki, they found a Nazi coin in his pocket and a number of flyers for the far-right group Britain First and newspapers at his home in Harrow.'

What is happening here?...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ner-walks-free

Vicky. 12-01-2018 11:02 PM

33 ****ing weeks? How pathetic. Our 'justice system' is such a joke..

Vicky. 12-01-2018 11:03 PM

This past week it seems a hell of a lot of very dangerous people who should never be in public life again are being released back into the world...

smudgie 12-01-2018 11:06 PM

Hopefully he can be deported, letting terrorist off so lightly is disgusting :fist:

Alf 12-01-2018 11:09 PM

"He was originally also accused of attempted murder and three racially aggravated offences but those charges were not pursued by the Crown Prosecution Service"

Any reason why these accusations were not pursued?

Tom4784 13-01-2018 01:13 AM

Completely disgusting, whoever decided on which charges to pursue in this case should be sacked. It's just beyond incompetent not to pursue terrorism charges in a blatant case of terrorism.

Mystic Mock 13-01-2018 04:00 AM

I honestly don't get why really dangerous people are allowed out of Prison? He is a danger to a cultural group in this country yet is allowed to walk free? I just don't get that at all.

parmnion 13-01-2018 06:48 AM

I better rid my front porch of all those takeaway flyers b4 i get accused of supporting fast food.

Brillopad 13-01-2018 08:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kizzy (Post 9790927)
A Britain First supporter who drove at a curry restaurant owner after saying “I’m going to kill a Muslim” is to walk free after serving his prison sentence while on remand.

The Old Bailey heard that Marek Zakrocki, 48, also gave a Nazi salute and shouted “white power” before driving his van at Kamal Ahmed outside Spicy Night restaurant in Harrow, north-west London, on 23 June last year – the first anniversary of the Brexit vote.

He told a police officer while in his van: “I’m going to kill a Muslim. I’m doing it for Britain. This is how I’m going to help the country. You people cannot do anything.”

On Friday, Zakrocki was sentenced to 33 weeks in jail by Judge Anthony Leonard QC after pleading guilty last month to dangerous driving and beating his wife. On Friday, he also admitted drink-driving. He will be released due to time spent on remand.

He was originally also accused of attempted murder and three racially aggravated offences but those charges were not pursued by the Crown Prosecution Service. Further charges of attempting to cause grievous bodily harm and having a knife in a public place were ordered to lie on file.

When armed officers arrested Zakrocki, they found a Nazi coin in his pocket and a number of flyers for the far-right group Britain First and newspapers at his home in Harrow.'

What is happening here?...

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...ner-walks-free

Just one more terrorist added to the list of of those returned ISIS terrorist fighters allowed back and walking our streets free - i don’t see you getting all worked-up about that. You seem far more concerned with right-wing terrorists than any other kind. Why is that?

Cherie 13-01-2018 08:56 AM

More incompetence, just like all the prisoners that have been released inadvertently in the last year

Oliver_W 13-01-2018 09:13 AM

How is attempting to kill someone with a car not attempted murder, what are they thinking?

bitontheslide 13-01-2018 09:55 AM

It has to be made clear why the CPS didn't go through with the other accusations. Was it based on lack of evidence? That has to be investigated.

Without knowing those details, its impossible to draw any conclusions other than he has served the time for the crimes he was found guilty of.

Brillopad 13-01-2018 10:00 AM

It’s pretty obvious by now that PC is far less concerned about facts and evidence than it is about appearances and political agendas.

thesheriff443 13-01-2018 10:08 AM

It's our country's legal system, criminals are not being sent to prison because they are full and there is no cash.

The police are selling stolen property that's been recovered on ebay

Tom4784 13-01-2018 12:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9791289)
Just one more terrorist added to the list of of those returned ISIS terrorist fighters allowed back and walking our streets free - i don’t see you getting all worked-up about that. You seem far more concerned with right-wing terrorists than any other kind. Why is that?

And you seem less bothered by white right wing terrorists given how you've tried to downplay this in your post, why is that?

Tom4784 13-01-2018 12:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9791391)
It’s pretty obvious by now that PC is far less concerned about facts and evidence than it is about appearances and political agendas.

What's PC got to do with a right wing terrorist going free without being charged with the correct charges? Can you explain that?

Livia 13-01-2018 12:32 PM

Send him back to Poland, let them keep him. We don't need to import bigots we've plenty already.

Livia 13-01-2018 12:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9790971)
"He was originally also accused of attempted murder and three racially aggravated offences but those charges were not pursued by the Crown Prosecution Service"

Any reason why these accusations were not pursued?

Insufficient evidence, probably. He was convicted of dangerous driving, domestic violence and driving under the influence, so his sentence seems to reflect that. The man is clearly a bigot and a racist... although people are less willing to say he has mental health problems and he's just one nutter, not representative of terrorism per se. We do hear that a lot when people answer the IS call and actually murder someone. Also it says he is a supporter of Britain First, he's not a member... that would be illegal.

Send him home... let everyone see we will kick out anyone out - Polish, Pakistani.... anyone - who can't live in a civilised way.

Brillopad 13-01-2018 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9791487)
What's PC got to do with a right wing terrorist going free without being charged with the correct charges? Can you explain that?

If there had been enough evidence against him for the other charges then he would likely have been charged for that. They didn’t just decide to let him off the hook now did they. It’s commonsense. PC puppets are trying to make some kind of political point out of it because he was a RIGHT-WING terrorist.

Those same people tend to say little about Islamic terrorists such as those coming back from killing our soldiers overseas when they walk free. The act of going to another country to fight against our own is an act of treason and one of our most serious offences. Why are they walking free? No such fuss from the lefties about that.

Tom4784 13-01-2018 01:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9791558)
If there had been enough evidence against him for the other charges then he would likely have been charged for that. They didn’t just decide to let him off the hook now did they. It’s commonsense. PC puppets are trying to make some kind of political point out of it because he was a RIGHT-WING terrorist.

Those same people tend to say little about Islamic terrorists such as those coming back from killing our soldiers overseas when they walk free. The act of going to another country to fight against our own is an act of treason and one of our most serious offences. Why are they walking free? No such fuss from the lefties about that.

It seems a pretty cut and dry case of attempted terrorism to me, you can downplay it all you want just because this is a story about a right wing terrorist but it doesn't change the facts. The fact that you are using this to drive home your PC obsession is quite disgusting.

Is there any evidence of islamic terrorists 'going free'? Or have you just made that up to create a reason to bring up muslims again? I don't feel the need to comment on every Islamic terror attack because I've said everything I can say on it and I don't like repeating myself. Right Wing terrorism is something that we haven't talked to death about however which is why I comment more on stories like this than on islamic terrorism because in the current climate of those stories, I have nothing new to say.

Brillopad 13-01-2018 01:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9791570)
It seems a pretty cut and dry case of attempted terrorism to me, you can downplay it all you want just because this is a story about a right wing terrorist but it doesn't change the facts. The fact that you are using this to drive home your PC obsession is quite disgusting.

Is there any evidence of islamic terrorists 'going free'? Or have you just made that up to create a reason to bring up muslims again? I don't feel the need to comment on every Islamic terror attack because I've said everything I can say on it and I don't like repeating myself. Right Wing terrorism is something that we haven't talked to death about however which is why I comment more on stories like this than on islamic terrorism because in the current climate of those stories, I have nothing new to say.

What are you suggesting then - that there is some kind of cover-up because he is a right-wing terrorist? You are not the CPS how would you know better than them whether there was enough evidence? Just playing armchair judge and jury now.

And if you think the only returning Jihadists are in jail you are more naive than I thought?

Livia 13-01-2018 01:34 PM

I think if you pile up the Islamic terrorist acts against the right wing terrorist acts in this country, the Islamists would win. That's why we don't talk as much about right wing terrorists. They're a bunch of uneducated thugs. Any time a right wing spokesperson is on TV they make themselves look like the absolute boneheads they are. They're not organised, they have no message they can all agree on... One lone nutter shot Jo Cox, it was the independent act of a madman. Much like this event. Far from being part of an organised terrorist group, the ultra-right wing don't have enough brain cells between them to be able to organise a cocktail party in an off licence.

Tom4784 13-01-2018 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9791587)
What are you suggesting then - that there is some kind of cover-up because he is a right-wing terrorist? You are not the CPS how would you know better than them whether there was enough evidence? Just playing armchair judge and jury now.

And if you think the only returning Jihadists are in jail you are more naive than I thought?

No cover up, just another major **** up by an increasingly flawed justice system that seems intent on giving major criminals lesser sentences. If someone gets into a car and plans to kill someone for political reasons then that is terrorism, nobody would have called it anything else if this person had brown skin or was a Muslim so why are people so resistant to call this man and people like Thomas Mair as the terrorists they are.

I wouldn't dream of playing Armchair Judge and Jury, Brillo. You're already a master at it :laugh:

So you have no real evidence of your claims, huh? Evidence speaks louder than your personal attacks.

Tom4784 13-01-2018 01:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 9791591)
I think if you pile up the Islamic terrorist acts against the right wing terrorist acts in this country, the Islamists would win. That's why we don't talk as much about right wing terrorists. They're a bunch of uneducated thugs. Any time a right wing spokesperson is on TV they make themselves look like the absolute boneheads they are. They're not organised, they have no message they can all agree on... One lone nutter shot Jo Cox, it was the independent act of a madman. Much like this event. Far from being part of an organised terrorist group, the ultra-right wing don't have enough brain cells between them to be able to organise a cocktail party in an off licence.

Terrorists don't need to be organised for it to be terrorism though, most muslim attacks are also committed by lone nutters.

I don't think weighing crimes against each other on a scale is the best way of looking at things either, crimes are still crimes. Terrorism is still terrorism.

Brillopad 13-01-2018 01:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 9791601)
No cover up, just another major **** up by an increasingly flawed justice system that seems intent on giving major criminals lesser sentences. If someone gets into a car and plans to kill someone for political reasons then that is terrorism, nobody would have called it anything else if this person had brown skin or was a Muslim so why are people so resistant to call this man and people like Thomas Mair as the terrorists they are.

I wouldn't dream of playing Armchair Judge and Jury, Brillo. You're already a master at it :laugh:

So you have no real evidence of your claims, huh? Evidence speaks louder than your personal attacks.

Please demonstrate where I have attacked you here. Or are my last couple of posts evidence of that in your opinion. Is so, that speaks volumes about your definition of ‘evidence’.