ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB21 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=725)
-   -   Ann v India poll (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335157)

chuff me dizzy 01-02-2018 09:12 AM

Ann v India poll

On tonights show we see India trying to get a rise out of Ann ( getting a tad boring now :bored:) Ann being a great Lady she is told India in no uncertain terms that NHS cash should go on medical ,life saving things BEFORE it goes on peoples fancies ...... Who is in the right ?

Marches 01-02-2018 09:29 AM

Gender dysphoria isn’t just getting a vagina or a penis ‘because I fancy it’ sorta deal tho. Said medical condition is insane psychological torture for everyone with it and has contributed to very high sucide attempt rates among thes group of people. It’s quite hard to describe without going through it yourself, but it is an issue that plagues all the people suffering with it. I don’t think it’s like the no1 priority or anything I just believe it should be taken a little more seriously by the nhs

waterhog 01-02-2018 09:29 AM

great topic chuff and hard one to decide - mental torment trying to be something you are not and that is a health problem - and when you have a shortage - is it fare for there need to be cut - trying to be objective but have no solution.

LeatherTrumpet 01-02-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9840906)
Gender dysphoria isn’t just getting a vagina or a penis ‘because I fancy it’ sorta deal tho. Said medical condition is insane psychological torture for everyone with it and has contributed to very high sucide attempt rates among thes group of people. It’s quite hard to describe without going through it yourself, but it is an issue that plagues all the people suffering with it. I don’t think it’s like the no1 priority or anything I just believe it should be taken a little more seriously by the nhs

do you have any links to medical evidence that supports all your claims?

Marches 01-02-2018 09:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9840910)
do you have any links to medical evidence that supports all your claims?

https://williamsinstitute.law.ucla.e...port-Final.pdf

Study conducted in California about transgender suicide rates, with 42% for trans women and 46% for trans men

There’s a bunch of other articles if you search gender dysphoria sucide rates which basically confirm those rates

Keep in mind in California the sucide rate averaged at around 9.4-11% over the years

chuff me dizzy 01-02-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9840914)

Study conducted in California about transgender suicide rates, with 42% for trans women and 46% for trans men

There’s a bunch of other articles if you search gender dysphoria sucide rates which basically confirm those rates

Keep in mind in California the sucide rate averaged at around 9.4-11% over the years

People commit suicide over debt, losing their jobs and home, the gay " community" is not exclusive to suffering

LeatherTrumpet 01-02-2018 09:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9840914)

no i meant

"insane psychological torture" and "plagues all the people suffering with it"

?

LeatherTrumpet 01-02-2018 09:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 9840917)
People commit suicide over debt, losing their jobs and home, the gay " community" is not exclusive to suffering

also most people commit suicide and dont leave a reason why

chuff me dizzy 01-02-2018 09:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9840919)
no i meant

"insane psychological torture" and "plagues all the people suffering with it"

?

Oh please make it stop :facepalm:

chuff me dizzy 01-02-2018 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9840920)
also most people commit suicide and dont leave a reason why

Exactly ! it is 2018 ,gays are fully accepted now, in fact its the norm, the bleating and poor mes are so a hundred years ago

Marches 01-02-2018 09:50 AM

https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/
Just look up literally any blog or YouTube video with someone detailing their experience of gender dysphoria

Also like you can’t really argue with a spike of suicide rates there’s obviously at least some issue at hand with these groups of people. I’m not saying the nhs should put all their money towards it I’m just saying atm access to said treatment isn’t the easiest thing in the world

Greg! 01-02-2018 09:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 9840917)

What a ridiculous comment. Obviously suicide is not something that ONLY happens to trans people but the rates are much higher.

Cherie 01-02-2018 09:58 AM

I don't understand why India brought up that topic when she agreed with Ann in the house, I think the prods were banking on Ann not recalling India's stance :laugh:

chuff me dizzy 01-02-2018 09:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9840938)
I don't understand why India brought up that topic when she agreed with Ann in the house, I think the prods were banking on Ann not recalling India's stance :laugh:

India was pushing for a row,but then ended up looking silly

LeatherTrumpet 01-02-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9840926)
https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/gender-dysphoria/
Just look up literally any blog or YouTube video with someone detailing their experience of gender dysphoria

Also like you can’t really argue with a spike of suicide rates there’s obviously at least some issue at hand with these groups of people. I’m not saying the nhs should put all their money towards it I’m just saying atm access to said treatment isn’t the easiest thing in the world

"some issue at hand" is not really medical evidence

Cherie 01-02-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 9840940)
India was pushing for a row,but then ended up looking silly

the silly cow agreed with Ann when she was in the house, talk about walking into a situation where you end up with even more egg on your face

Greg! 01-02-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9840944)
"some issue at hand" is not really medical evidence

It's literally the NHS website

LeatherTrumpet 01-02-2018 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Greg! (Post 9840948)
It's literally the NHS website

yes its a description of the disorder but its not a medical diagnosis, that is why it asks you to see your GP

:shrug:

Marches 01-02-2018 10:06 AM

Because there is very little information about gender dysphoria online because more often than not medical proffesionals dismiss it as not a medical illness, which I believe to be false from seeing the sucide rates/people recounting their experiences with the condition

LeatherTrumpet 01-02-2018 10:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9840958)
Because there is very little information about gender dysphoria online because more often than not medical proffesionals dismiss it as not a medical illness, which I believe to be false from seeing the sucide rates/people recounting their experiences with the condition

so you are saying your opinion is better than a qualified doctor?

because you "googled it"?

Marches 01-02-2018 10:12 AM

Gasp having a different opinion

It’s been fairly unexplored ever since it was added to the dsm and a lot of people dismiss it as like social justice warriory gender non conforming crap, mostly because certain people who call themselves trans are the sort of people who cross dress for attention. It’s cheapened it’s reputation but it’s a real condition that just hasn’t been classified as a medical illness yet, which a lot of people suffering from it have been trying to change

Paula D 01-02-2018 10:13 AM

As someone who's been waiting for an operation for 3 1/2 years now for something that affects me both physically and mentally I'd have to agree with Ann.

Priorities have to be set where's there's a limited amount of money.

bitontheslide 01-02-2018 10:14 AM

Do people think India is a well adjusted, stable person after her treatment?

Marches 01-02-2018 10:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 9840968)
Do people think India is a well adjusted, stable person after her treatment?

No, and India lost that debate

I just happen to agree with her on gender dysphoria

bitontheslide 01-02-2018 10:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9840969)
No, and India lost that debate

I just happen to agree with her on gender dysphoria

so then the argument about suicide rates is irrelevant.