ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB21 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=725)
-   -   India Willoughby No drag phobia tonight? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=335218)

Cherie 01-02-2018 10:03 PM

No drag phobia tonight?

Hugging Courtney and giving advice on how to win as if her dragphobia never existed .....

Marches 01-02-2018 10:05 PM

She did it for camera time she knew all the drag phobia stuff would get aired
I get the sentiment behind it like ig she feels they’re mocking her transition in a way but in that case why would you have panic attacks in their presence? I just see a weak correlation

Cherie 01-02-2018 10:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9842642)
She did it for camera time she knew all the drag phobia stuff would get aired
I get the sentiment behind it like ig she feels they’re mocking her transition in a way but in that case why would you have panic attacks in their presence? I just see a weak correlation

I never thought it was a real condition, but you would think she could keep the charade going given CBB has been on air less than a month :laugh:

Marches 01-02-2018 10:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9842646)
I never thought it was a real condition, but you would think she could keep the charade going given CBB has been on air less than a month :laugh:

Would have made for some good tv on the very last episode if she had a kick off about it :joker: oh well

Vicky. 01-02-2018 10:08 PM

Was always bull****. Her real issue was that Courtney (and many drag queens) looked more feminine than India does. I am sure of it.

I kind of dislike how people say 'phobia' when what they mean is that they simply dislike something/someone.

Cherie 01-02-2018 10:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9842650)
Would have made for some good tv on the very last episode if she had a kick off about it :joker: oh well

Hope they ask her about it on the Wright stuff tomorrow :hee:

poppsywoppsy 01-02-2018 10:09 PM

I don't like India full stop.

But even I felt sorry for her tonight, she really cocked it up again both with Ann and Shane J. She tried so hard but ended up with egg all over her face.

Cherie 01-02-2018 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 9842653)
Was always bull****. Her real issue was that Courtney (and many drag queens) looked more feminine than India does. I am sure of it.

I kind of dislike how people say 'phobia' when what they mean is that they simply dislike something/someone.

Yep it muddies the waters

Marsh. 01-02-2018 10:15 PM

It wasn't dragphobia, it was jealousy that Courtney looked amazing and India looks like a damp rat.

Marches 01-02-2018 10:18 PM

Hey India has nice hair and clothes

Marsh. 01-02-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marches (Post 9842691)
Hey India has nice hair and clothes

So basically, everything that's not her? :fan:

Cherie 01-02-2018 10:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 9842684)
It wasn't dragphobia, it was jealousy that Courtney looked amazing and India looks like a damp rat.

:fan:

Oliver_W 01-02-2018 11:03 PM

In her Wright Stuff interview, India said that there are traps out there who look like Betty Swollocks, and after that episode aired, people would probably be like "teeheehee there's Betty Swollocks" when they saw such a transwoman. That's a fair argument, but as others have said, to call it a phobia is just stupid.

GoldHeart 02-02-2018 03:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 9842637)
Hugging Courtney and giving advice on how to win as if her dragphobia never existed .....

I think she made a fuss over nothing. Interesting how Courtney/ Shane J never challenged her yet he boycotted Jess' fear of cotton wool :bored:

Robodog 02-02-2018 10:14 AM

Ha :laugh:

I thought exactly the same thing

I was gonna start a similar thread saying:

"How lovely to see India's drag-phobia has cleared up so quickly!"

Think what good Luke A did for the image and the mainstream perception of trans-people being every bit as 'normal' as the rest of us.
He never appointed himself as a 'voice for the cause' or broadcast a 'message'; he was just a decent person. Natural. Perfect.

Think what harm India does for the image of trans-people by claiming to be a 'representative' whilst simultaneously being so obnoxious and self-centred, so suspiciously inconsistent (like the occasional 'drag-phobia' thing) and by treating everyone else as if they were some kind of transphobic criminal-in-waiting - guilty until proven innocent.

After the deserved success of Luke A in 2012, it's almost like India has been a setback to the trans cause.

GoldHeart 02-02-2018 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robodog (Post 9843181)
Ha :laugh:

I thought exactly the same thing

I was gonna start a similar thread saying:

"How lovely to see India's drag-phobia has cleared up so quickly!"

Think what good Luke A did for the image and the mainstream perception of trans-people being every bit as 'normal' as the rest of us.
He never appointed himself as a 'voice for the cause' or broadcast a 'message'; he was just a decent person. Natural. Perfect.

Think what harm India does for the image of trans-people by claiming to be a 'representative' whilst simultaneously being so obnoxious and self-centred, so suspiciously inconsistent (like the occasional 'drag-phobia' thing) and by treating everyone else as if they were some kind of transphobic criminal-in-waiting - guilty until proven innocent.

After the deserved success of Luke A in 2012, it's almost like India has been a setback to the trans cause.

And I found it funny how she tried to give Shane J advise :joker: ,when she went back to being a head case herself when she did the news segment with Ann , she pretty much accused Ann of being transphobic and of alienating her :bored: which is utter BS .

So she's the worst person to give advice to Shane J . But he was definitely turning into India a few days ago .

I think India has too many paranoid issues and she was evicted first for good reason . Her drag phobia is iffy and makes no sense .

jaxie 02-02-2018 10:43 AM

Yeah such a liar! And coaching Shane J for the win. :nono:

Livia 02-02-2018 10:43 AM

Having a phobia is de rigueur these days isn't it? Is it acceptable to have transphobia? I mean, not a hatred but a fear of trans people?

GoldHeart 02-02-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 9843236)
Having a phobia is de rigueur these days isn't it? Is it acceptable to have transphobia? I mean, not a hatred but a fear of trans people?

I think it's understandable for some people to be confused by trans people if they haven't been around them before or if they don't know the full story if that makes sense :shrug: .

But there's nothing to be scared of or feared of ,and the drag queen phobia makes no sense either to me .

But imagine if a straight hm said they were scared of drag queens I bet they'd be called all sorts of insults .

Livia 02-02-2018 10:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 9843243)
I think it's understandable for some people to be confused by trans people if they haven't been around them before or if they don't know the full story if that makes sense :shrug: .

But there's nothing to be scared of or feared of ,and the drag queen phobia makes no sense either to me .

But imagine if a straight hm said they were scared of drag queens I bet they'd be called all sorts of insults .

Exactly, GH.

LeatherTrumpet 02-02-2018 10:54 AM

I think I now have it

I am sick to the back teeth of seeing Shane dressed as that bloody woman with the vile big wig, teetering on heels and wrapped up in some floosy dress like an common essex slut

:yuk:

Livia 02-02-2018 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9843247)
I think I now have it

I am sick to the back teeth of seeing Shane dressed as that bloody woman with the vile big wig, teetering on heels and wrapped up in some floosy dress like an common essex slut

:yuk:

Or, indeed, a slut from anywhere else.

GoldHeart 02-02-2018 11:03 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 9843260)
Or, indeed, a slut from anywhere else.

I actually laughed when Ann approved of Barbie's pink catsuit outfit because it's probably the only outfit Courtney has that's covered up :joker: .

parmnion 02-02-2018 12:27 PM

Haha.....

Nice one cherie..

Vanessa 02-02-2018 12:49 PM

India came across really bitter towards Ann and Shane. Jealousy.