ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Soaps (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=554)
-   -   Coronation Street (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=336557)

Scarlett. 14-03-2018 07:12 PM

Coronation Street

Making a new thread so the title can be changed (the reference is a little outdated) :laugh:

Can't believe Alya is still moping over Luke

Kazanne 14-03-2018 07:31 PM

That fight in the kebab shop was kinda silly and fake.

Kazanne 14-03-2018 07:36 PM

I do think Corries storylines are getting a bit silly now,The Phelan thing has gone on too long, the Fizz fight and this daft woman telling Audrey she sees her Alf,lol.

Wizard. 14-03-2018 07:38 PM

Local kebab slag :joker:

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 14-03-2018 08:01 PM

is phelan dead yet

Scarlett. 15-03-2018 12:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 9918633)
I do think Corries storylines are getting a bit silly now,The Phelan thing has gone on too long, the Fizz fight and this daft woman telling Audrey she sees her Alf,lol.

I think the latter two things are in response to fans complaining about the lack of comedy as silliness in the back end of 2017.

Rob! 16-03-2018 08:46 PM

Well. Facebook didn’t like that. Illiterate arseholes

Marsh. 16-03-2018 09:13 PM

Nawt the feline females not liking a bit of male rape.

Scarlett. 16-03-2018 09:21 PM

Josh is one creepy mother****er

Rob! 16-03-2018 09:21 PM

It is all a bit sad though. And it's only bloody because it's male rape. They didn't have a bloody hissy fit when Carla and Linda had it happen to them.

Marsh. 16-03-2018 09:24 PM

https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...rk-storylines/

This bitch will do do ANYTHING for an appearance fee. Nicola McLean discussing suitable television? Really?

If I were (for a moment) to take her "concerns" seriously...

Quote:

The reality TV star asked the actor whether he really wanted her seven year old watching his famous child abuse storyline...
I'd tell her to actually parent her child. Soaps have always had adult themes, unsuitable for 7 year olds. You can control what a 7 year old watches on TV.

That said. Kids are mollycoddled far too much and I was watching (and enjoying) the Saskia Duncan murder storyline in EastEnders when I was 9 so... :hmph: Kids can deal with more mature things better than bloody some grown ups.

Quote:

...before suggesting they went for an 8am drink live on air
The real McLean doesn't stay hidden for long. :idc:

Scarlett. 16-03-2018 09:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 9920634)
It is all a bit sad though. And it's only bloody because it's male rape. They didn't have a bloody hissy fit when Carla and Linda had it happen to them.

Indeed, its a story that does need telling, male rape is a thing that happens, Hollyoaks have covered this many times and it airs much earlier in the day.

Rob! 16-03-2018 09:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 9920637)
https://www.thesun.co.uk/tvandshowbi...rk-storylines/

This bitch will do do ANYTHING for an appearance fee. Nicola McLean discussing suitable television? Really?

If I were (for a moment) to take her "concerns" seriously...

I'd tell her to actually parent her child. Soaps have always had adult themes, unsuitable for 7 year olds. You can control what a 7 year old watches on TV.

That said. Kids are mollycoddled far too much and I was watching (and enjoying) the Saskia Duncan murder storyline in EastEnders when I was 9 so... :hmph: Kids can deal with more mature things better than bloody some grown ups.

The real McLean doesn't stay hidden for long. :idc:

When I was seven, Brookside were showing the Trevor Jordache story. A man that brutally beats and rapes his wife, and incestuously rapes his own daughter, before getting a kife stabbed in his back. Soaps have always done this sort of thing. Society is so bloody sensitive nowadays

Vanessa 17-03-2018 04:53 AM

Omg that second episode was really hard to watch. Josh is so creepy. Great acting from Ryan Clayton and Jack Shepherd.

Amy Jade 17-03-2018 09:13 AM

I don't know what the fuss was with people complaining about kids seeing those scenes. Surely it's a great way to start teaching them to never leave your drink unattended for starters and obviously the aftermath will teach them to speak out if anyone was ever inappropriate towards them.

I mean the same people who are foaming at the mouth in rage probably chuck their children an iPad after school so they can have a bit of peace and quiet and the kids have looked up or stumbled upon way worse. When I was about 7 I was watching horror movies with my cousins :laugh:

BBUK-Fan 17-03-2018 10:19 AM

I applaud Corrie for highlighting these dark stories but there are a lot of them at the moment with David's rape, Robert's testicular cancer and steroid abuse, Billy's drug addiction. I feel there are too many stories like this and plus Corrie does tend to drag out their stories so it could drain the viewers

Underscore 17-03-2018 10:28 AM

I really don't get the issue. It isn't showing anything explicit and if anything it's teaching people the dangers of drink spiking.

Rob! 17-03-2018 11:05 AM

To be fair, there’s a hell of a lot of praise going around for last night’s episodes. I mean obviously there’a the same moaners going on about how dark Corrie is at the moment and asking why the show isn’t focussed on hot pots anymore but that comes with every story

Jase. 17-03-2018 11:01 PM

It was so nice seeing David opening up to somebody...and then THAT happens. :(

Jase. 17-03-2018 11:03 PM

And NOT trash McClean acting all Mary Whitehouse. Is this bitch being serious?

Jase. 17-03-2018 11:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Riley. (Post 9918637)
Local kebab slag :joker:

:laugh2: Fiz having an extremely rare funny moment!

LukeB 18-03-2018 10:32 PM

imo they should have done this storyline months after Pat FINALLY goes and other dark stuff have finished. too much dark storylines isn't needed and too many dragged storylines also isn't needed. More light stuff before doing another dark storyline.

Vanessa 19-03-2018 08:25 PM

Urgh, josh saying it was consensual. My ass :fist:

Cal. 19-03-2018 08:34 PM

Josh is disgusting

BBUK-Fan 20-03-2018 05:18 PM

http://www.digitalspy.com/soaps/coro...sinister-gang/

More misery ahead