ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Owen Jones believes he represents the majority (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337943)

Brillopad 05-05-2018 04:02 PM

Owen Jones believes he represents the majority

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv...affic.outbrain

Can’t stand this jumped-up little twerp who has gotten far too big for his boots. I agree with most of this in that he needs to get real and stop thinking he is the ‘voice of the people’ - in his dreams!!

arista 05-05-2018 04:05 PM

Yes I watched that
the other week.

He wants Protests so he can report on it
to his paper

MB. 05-05-2018 04:15 PM

The irony of course being that Owen's views here do represent the majority, so much so that even Express readers agree:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...exclusive-poll

LeatherTrumpet 05-05-2018 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 9981571)
The irony of course being that Owen's views here do represent the majority, so much so that even Express readers agree:

https://www.express.co.uk/news/world...exclusive-poll

well yes if you consider a poll of 2,021 people to be "a majority" of anything...

Twosugars 05-05-2018 04:47 PM

people should erect a giant pyre in the middle of Trafalgar Square and burn a giant effigy of the orange twat
then maybe, just maybe, he gets the message and stops lying about Britain to illustrate his idiotic ideas about health service, racial integration and so forth

kirklancaster 05-05-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9981579)
well yes if you consider a poll of 2,021 people to be "a majority" of anything...

Exactly L.T.

Trump is the DEMOCRATICALLY elected President of THE most powerful country in the world - a FREE country at that - who has been our biggest ALLY through thick and thin, and this being so, the mindless morons who are participating in these disgusting anti-Trump anarchic 'demonstrations' are DISRESPECTING the MAJORITY of American voters who elected Trump.

These sheep would do better to stay away and devote their time to researching the anti-Western, anti-Democracy subversives who are behind THIS and virtually EVERY other 'Protest' and 'Demonstration' in this country.

Do ANY of these wankers speak for US - the REAL majority? - NOT on your NELLY.

They are merely more PRO-ACTIVE and SHOUT more LOUDLY and more OFTEN.

It is high time the moderate silent MAJORITY in this country stepped up and made their voices heard to DROWN out these anarchists.

Twosugars 05-05-2018 06:31 PM

Trump didn't get majority, Hillary did. Trump got majority in electoral college which is different and undemocratic

Twosugars 05-05-2018 06:33 PM

And majority in the UK disapproves of him

MB. 05-05-2018 06:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9981579)

I mean, this thread is based on the assumption that three Good Morning Britain viewers constitutes a majority, so yes

Kazanne 05-05-2018 06:52 PM

The majority isn't always right,there is only a majority as people who really don't know much about politics just jump on their friends or families bandwagon and follow the crowd .Trump is not lying about Britains knife culture as much as we try and deny it , we have one, we can say what we like about their gun culture so why not them about our knife culture? we should be able to take criticism , as for people moaning about his visit here,no doubt some protesters will show us up as always by being obnoxious and violent.

Withano 05-05-2018 07:01 PM

It’s not a stretch of anybodys imagination that the majority of Brits don’t support Trump. If people are angry about somebody suggesting this, I’d argue they’re over-sensitive.

Alf 05-05-2018 07:03 PM

Profesional penis.

Alf 05-05-2018 07:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9981726)
It’s not a stretch of anybodys imagination that the majority of Brits don’t support Trump. If people are angry about somebody suggesting this, I’d argue they’re over-sensitive.

We love Donnie, because of the type of people he annoys.

parmnion 05-05-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9981728)
Profesional penis.

I hate myself for knowing his name.

Withano 05-05-2018 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 9981730)
We love Donnie, because of the type of people he annoys.

This is one of the more logical reasons for liking him

parmnion 05-05-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

He has another 3 years to turn them round...like i said at the announcement of him winning on here....""""watch trump unit the world""""

That was me.....

Historic handshakes in year one n a bit....not bad.

Chinas getting on side...

Brillopad 05-05-2018 07:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 9981701)
Trump didn't get majority, Hillary did. Trump got majority in electoral college which is different and undemocratic

Irrelevant. He won a democratic election, whether or not some Brits don’t approve of their election rules, and is the current President. Like him or not he has every right to come to Britain without supposed adults acting like children and stamping their feet because they don’t like his views and can’t get their own way.

If the Americans want him out they can do so at the next election.

Brillopad 05-05-2018 07:19 PM

Quote:

That is not the same as accepting that as the American President he has every right to come here and the likes of deluded wannabes like Owen Jones won’t change that.

Withano 05-05-2018 07:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 9981744)
He has another 3 years to turn them round...like i said at the announcement of him winning on here....""""watch trump unit the world""""

That was me.....

Historic handshakes in year one n a bit....not bad.

Chinas getting on side...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9981748)
That is not the same as accepting that as the American President he has every right to come here and the likes of deluded wannabes like Owen Jones won’t change that.

I don’t understand how either of these things relate to my post. He suggested the majority of Brits do not support Trump. If we really think about this, he is probably right.

Alf 05-05-2018 07:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 9981754)
I don’t understand how either of these things relate to my post. He suggested the majority of Brits do not support Trump. If we really think about this, he is probably right.

Keep on topic, this thread is about Mr Muscle Jones, not King Donald.

kirklancaster 05-05-2018 07:40 PM

Quote:

How can you consistently keep misinterpreting what is being stated?

No ONE is 'angry' about anyone suggesting that 'the majority of Brits don’t support Trump' because that statement is pure B.S and I'd love to see your evidence which corroborates it.

You are CLEARLY confusing the tiny percentage of the viewing public who actually leapt to participate in the TV Poll and NOT the majority of the Great British Public - who did NOT leap up to participate.

The 'MAJORITY' of Brits do NOT really give two flying fecks for Trump one way or the other, besides which there is a gulf of difference between; 'Not Supporting Someone' and participating in disruptive, anti-Democratic, anti-Social 'Protests and 'Demonstrations' which ARE the reason for mine and others posts - NOT the reason you have erroneously given above.

Brillopad 05-05-2018 07:41 PM

Quote:

It doesn’t matter. Whether the majority of Brits support him or not, and your views as well as those of Jones are supposition rather than actual fact, the likes of Jones have no right to try and stop him.

He is a deluded anarchist who has the audacity to think he speaks for the majority on whether Trump should be allowed to come to Britain or not. Although no fan of Trumps - I’d rather have him than some of the other dodgy characters the likes of Jones are trying to foist on the rest of us.

parmnion 05-05-2018 07:49 PM

Quote:

But the ones who support him still have a voice, no matter how much lame comediens try.

Twosugars 05-05-2018 07:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9981745)
Irrelevant. He won a democratic election, whether or not some Brits don’t approve of their election rules, and is the current President. Like him or not he has every right to come to Britain without supposed adults acting like children and stamping their feet because they don’t like his views and can’t get their own way.

If the Americans want him out they can do so at the next election.

And people here have a right to disagree. Remember giant march against bush visit? Protests against the Chinese President?
Not to mention that speaker of British parliament refused to have trump put a foot inside the building
It is our democratic right to protest p

kirklancaster 05-05-2018 07:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 9981785)
And people here have a right to disagree. Remember giant march against bush visit? Protests against the Chinese President?
Not to mention that speaker of British parliament refused to have trump put a foot inside the building
It is our democratic right to protest p

Protest about WHAT though? And this is a genuine question.