ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Nigerian Lad : I sold all I had to go to UK - now I'm home, and broke (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=337986)

arista 07-05-2018 03:40 PM

Nigerian Lad : I sold all I had to go to UK - now I'm home, and broke

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-44007932

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/...6_img_4166.jpg

A future Illegal Migrant
who Failed to get this far.

Now back in Nigeria
His mum will be angry with him.
From the First radio report his Mother Sold a plot of Land
to get him on his way etc.

BBC World Reporter Colin Freeman:
[Evans William tells me he sold everything but the kitchen sink to fund his dream of getting to Europe. And I mean everything - his bed, his fridge, his TV, his spare clothes and his mobile phone. After borrowing yet more cash, he finally had enough to pay a smuggling gang to take him from Nigeria across the Sahara to Libya.
In all, it cost him £750 ($1,000), but he wasn't worried. Once in Europe, he figured, he could quickly earn enough to pay off his creditors, and eventually return home to start a business of his own.
It didn't quite work out like that. After six miserable months in Libya, where the gang forced him to work for nothing, he finally boarded a rickety boat to cross the Mediterranean. It got stopped by the Libyan coastguard, who threw him and 140 other passengers into a detention centre.
By then he'd had enough. When I met Evans last month, he'd just returned home to Benin City in southern Nigeria, where he was among hundreds of migrants staying in a government-requisitioned hotel. ]

Sign Of The Times

Brillopad 07-05-2018 03:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9983960)
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/stories-44007932

https://ichef-1.bbci.co.uk/news/660/...6_img_4166.jpg

A future Illegal Migrant
who Failed to get this far.

Now back in Nigeria
His mum will be angry with him.
From the First radio report his Mother Sold a plot of Land
to get him on his way etc.

BBC World Reporter Colin Freeman:
[Evans William tells me he sold everything but the kitchen sink to fund his dream of getting to Europe. And I mean everything - his bed, his fridge, his TV, his spare clothes and his mobile phone. After borrowing yet more cash, he finally had enough to pay a smuggling gang to take him from Nigeria across the Sahara to Libya.
In all, it cost him £750 ($1,000), but he wasn't worried. Once in Europe, he figured, he could quickly earn enough to pay off his creditors, and eventually return home to start a business of his own.
It didn't quite work out like that. After six miserable months in Libya, where the gang forced him to work for nothing, he finally boarded a rickety boat to cross the Mediterranean. It got stopped by the Libyan coastguard, who threw him and 140 other passengers into a detention centre.
By then he'd had enough. When I met Evans last month, he'd just returned home to Benin City in southern Nigeria, where he was among hundreds of migrants staying in a government-requisitioned hotel. ]

Sign Of The Times

I saw that. I doubt it’s even true - just another sob story! Even if true he can’t just come here illegally to earn money to pay off his debts. It doesn’t work like that! So I wonder what he means by coming here legally - probably going to jump on a boat and claim refugee status! :shrug:

arista 07-05-2018 04:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9983968)
I saw that. I doubt it’s even true - just another sob story! Even if true he can’t just come here illegally to earn money to pay off his debts. It doesn’t work like that! So I wonder what he means by coming here legally - probably going to jump on a boat and claim refugee status! :shrug:

No it is true
He is a Illegal Migrant
Wants to JUMP the Que

No Way Refugee.

His poor mum sold a plot of land in Nigeria
to get him on his way
she will be so angry he is back in Nigeria,
if she finds out?

The BBC Reporter (CF) did a good job.

Brillopad 07-05-2018 04:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9983978)
No it is true
He is a Illegal Migrant
Wants to JUMP the Que

No Way Refugee.

His poor mum sold a plot of land in Nigeria
to get him on his way
she will be so angry he is back in Nigeria,
if she finds out?

The BBC Reporter (CF) did a good job.

He is the problem we are facing. Hark at the veiled threat he may have to turn to crime or be humiliated for failing to get into the UK. If he can’t get work or earn enough in Britain will he turn to crime then. Wouldn’t trust him further than I could sling him. He has no right to come here and neither do the many others like him.

arista 07-05-2018 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 9983988)
He is the problem we are facing. Hark at the veiled threat he may have to turn to crime or be humiliated for failing to get into the UK. If he can’t get work or earn enough in Britain will he turn to crime then. Wouldn’t trust him further than I could sling him. He has no right to come here and neither do the many others like him.

Yes one stopped

Oliver_W 07-05-2018 04:34 PM

It sucks for him, but them's the breaks!

He wanted to earn money to return home and start a business? You can start off a business with £750, if you're money-smart and work like a donkey.

kirklancaster 07-05-2018 05:26 PM

One of my friends did not even leave Sheffield and relates a similar woeful story.

He was thousands of pounds in debt and reckoned that if he could borrow £10,000 he could set up a Cannabis Farm which would net him £30,000 + every 13 weeks.

He borrowed the £10K from here, there, and everywhere and rented a detached house and set up his farm.

All was going well, then about 2 weeks BEFORE his 'harvest' the cops raided him.

He lost EVERYTHING including the £10K, and now he's whining about how he planned to break the law but fate dealt him a 'cruel' hand.

I'm LYING, of course, but you get my drift. :laugh:

Brillopad 07-05-2018 06:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by kirklancaster (Post 9984032)
One of my friends did not even leave Sheffield and relates a similar woeful story.

He was thousands of pounds in debt and reckoned that if he could borrow £10,000 he could set up a Cannabis Farm which would net him £30,000 + every 13 weeks.

He borrowed the £10K from here, there, and everywhere and rented a detached house and set up his farm.

All was going well, then about 2 weeks BEFORE his 'harvest' the cops raided him.

He lost EVERYTHING including the £10K, and now he's whining about how he planned to break the law but fate dealt him a 'cruel' hand.

I'm LYING, of course, but you get my drift. :laugh:

:joker:

Redway 08-05-2018 12:53 AM

“Future illegal immigrant.”

Oh arista.

parmnion 08-05-2018 06:55 AM

Do they have to smuggle themselves all the way back again?

Cause im not getting why they dont just jump in a plane.

Oliver_W 08-05-2018 06:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 9984543)

Outside of the EU, it's not that simple, you need visas and stuff, even for a holiday you need to show you plan to return.

parmnion 08-05-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 9984546)
Outside of the EU, it's not that simple, you need visas and stuff, even for a holiday you need to show you plan to return.

So how do they get back? Turn themselves in then get us to pay for a flight back?

arista 08-05-2018 07:20 AM

Quote:

No after his illegal boat was stopped he
took a option of a return to his homeland with $200.
After 6 months working for nothing (in Libya)
for the Smuggler Gang - he had enough.

He can not Fly over
he has no legal reason

He wanted to enter as a Illegal
to earn cash or rob folks.

Nicky91 08-05-2018 07:29 AM

Quote:

and asap i hope, back to africa, syria

we don't need illegal refugees, for all we know they could be the terror problem in the first place in europe

Toy Soldier 08-05-2018 08:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 9984557)
we don't need illegal refugees, for all we know they could be the terror problem in the first place in europe

Only if you let them eat after midnight.

Nicky91 08-05-2018 08:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 9984572)
Only if you let them eat after midnight.

haha, a pun to gremlins :laugh:

LeatherTrumpet 08-05-2018 08:23 AM

Good news he was turned back, well done coastguards

arista 08-05-2018 01:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 9984576)
Good news he was turned back, well done coastguards

Yes its a great new System

they get around $200 in cash
and a place to stay for a while

Ref : BBC Colin Freeman
Report on WS Radio and BBC NewsHD

MB. 08-05-2018 02:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 9984557)
and asap i hope, back to africa, syria

...unless you're just labelling the entirety of the Southern Hemisphere 'terrorist country' for the sake of it, Nigeria and Syria are 5,000 miles apart

Nicky91 08-05-2018 02:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MB. (Post 9984753)
...unless you're just labelling the entirety of the Southern Hemisphere 'terrorist country' for the sake of it, Nigeria and Syria are 5,000 miles apart

in that case, move to MB's place my dear refugees

she doesn't mind :laugh2:

my point actually is, of course there could be terrorists among so many refugees, not all of them but still a few could be among them

arista 08-05-2018 02:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 9984485)
“Future illegal immigrant.”

Oh arista.

Yes at this time
he is back home in Nigeria
But if he could sneak into our nation
illegally - He FECKING would

Thank You Colin Freeman BBC Reporter out there.

Brillopad 08-05-2018 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 9984757)
in that case, move to MB's place my dear refugees

she doesn't mind :laugh2:

my point actually is, of course there could be terrorists among so many refugees, not all of them but still a few could be among them

Considerably more than a few I'm sure. Of course they are taking advantage of an easy way to get in!

I'm all for those that welcome so many illegals putting their money where there mouth is and financially sponsoring them - I won't hold my breath though!

Oliver_W 08-05-2018 04:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 9984552)
So how do they get back? Turn themselves in then get us to pay for a flight back?

They get back with the return ticket they have to buy to get here.

Redway 08-05-2018 04:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 9984772)
Yes at this time
he is back home in Nigeria
But if he could sneak into our nation
illegally - He FECKING would

Thank You Colin Freeman BBC Reporter out there.

Shows how much you know about Nigerians. Don’t be chatting anyhow.

arista 08-05-2018 04:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Redway (Post 9984979)
Shows how much you know about Nigerians. Don’t be chatting anyhow.

I have a had a Legal
Nigerian Worker
he worked very hard.

Moved onto to a Even Bigger Company

Life In The City