ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   England forward Raheem Sterling defends gun tattoo (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341510)

bitontheslide 29-05-2018 06:37 AM

England forward Raheem Sterling defends gun tattoo

https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cp..._047090758.jpg

England footballer Raheem Sterling has defended his new tattoo of a gun, saying it has a "deeper meaning" and refers to his late father.

Anti-gun campaigners criticised the Manchester City forward after he shared a photo of himself with the tattoo of an M16 assault rifle on his leg.

The image has been called "totally unacceptable" and "sickening".

But Sterling said it reflects a vow he made to "never touch a gun" after his father was shot dead when he was a boy.

Sterling, 23, who will travel to Russia this summer as part of England's World Cup squad, first revealed his tattoo in a photo posted to Instagram of himself in training with team-mates at St George's Park.

Lucy Cope, who founded group Mothers Against Guns after her son was shot dead in 2012, said Sterling should not play for England unless he gets rid of the tattoo.

Speaking to the Sun newspaper, she said: "This tattoo is disgusting. Raheem should hang his head in shame. It's totally unacceptable.

"We demand he has the tattoo lasered off or covered up with a different tattoo.

"If he refuses he should be dropped from the England team. He's supposed to be a role model but chooses to glamorise guns."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44285455

-------

Whatever his justification for doing it, it won't be perceived well, and its really not appropriate for a player representing their country

kirklancaster 29-05-2018 06:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10011453)
https://ichef.bbci.co.uk/news/660/cp..._047090758.jpg

England footballer Raheem Sterling has defended his new tattoo of a gun, saying it has a "deeper meaning" and refers to his late father.

Anti-gun campaigners criticised the Manchester City forward after he shared a photo of himself with the tattoo of an M16 assault rifle on his leg.

The image has been called "totally unacceptable" and "sickening".

But Sterling said it reflects a vow he made to "never touch a gun" after his father was shot dead when he was a boy.

Sterling, 23, who will travel to Russia this summer as part of England's World Cup squad, first revealed his tattoo in a photo posted to Instagram of himself in training with team-mates at St George's Park.

Lucy Cope, who founded group Mothers Against Guns after her son was shot dead in 2012, said Sterling should not play for England unless he gets rid of the tattoo.

Speaking to the Sun newspaper, she said: "This tattoo is disgusting. Raheem should hang his head in shame. It's totally unacceptable.

"We demand he has the tattoo lasered off or covered up with a different tattoo.

"If he refuses he should be dropped from the England team. He's supposed to be a role model but chooses to glamorise guns."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-44285455

-------

Whatever his justification for doing it, it won't be perceived well, and its really not appropriate for a player representing their country

His reason for having the tattoo is ludicrous - pure B.S. - in my opinion.

LeatherTrumpet 29-05-2018 06:53 AM

That isnt new

it looks awful, no idea why dark skinned people get tattoos but no surprise a thick twat like him would get that

kirklancaster 29-05-2018 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10011458)
That isnt new

it looks awful, no idea why dark skinned people get tattoos but no surprise a thick twat like him would get that

:laugh:

parmnion 29-05-2018 06:56 AM

She needs to **** with her demands...she aint isis.

kirklancaster 29-05-2018 07:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by parmnion (Post 10011463)
She needs to **** with her demands...she aint isis.

:laugh: She is someone's 'sis', Parmy. :hee:

smudgie 29-05-2018 07:06 AM

“She demands..”
Perhaps if she asked nicely she would have more chance of him taking any notice.
The tatt is personal to him, he could cover it up when playing for England, his choice.:shrug:

thesheriff443 29-05-2018 07:09 AM

And this dick is going to be wearing an England shirt, complete turd.

arista 29-05-2018 07:29 AM

He says when he was aged 2
his dad was killed by that Machine Gun,
and it's (the tattoo) not finished yet?

Ref: GMBHD itv, SkyNewsHD

bitontheslide 29-05-2018 07:47 AM

the back story is irrelevant. He will be representing england and has a gun tattoo on his leg

arista 29-05-2018 07:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10011485)
the back story is irrelevant. He will be representing england and has a gun tattoo on his leg

Well he better get it Completed then
whatever else he puts next to the machine gun?

kirklancaster 29-05-2018 08:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10011490)
Well he better get it Completed then
whatever else he puts next to the machine gun?

How about a tattoo of his foot because he has shot himself in it. :laugh:

Black Dagger 29-05-2018 08:49 AM

The Sun are scum. Imagine actually being against Sterling here lol.

Something doesn't qwhite add up as to why you all don't like him x

LeatherTrumpet 29-05-2018 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 10011519)

I dont think anyone likes him, he is a dick, i doubt you do either

Toy Soldier 29-05-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10011458)
That isnt new

I was just thinking that. The tattoo in the picture looks several years old :think:

kirklancaster 29-05-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 10011519)

I neither like him nor dislike him - I don't know him or enough about him. I am only commenting on the tattoo - especially his B.S. reason for having it.

Niamh. 29-05-2018 09:16 AM

Who cares if he has a gun tattoo seriously?

Also, LT, I actually think tattoos look better on dark skinned people alot of the time

Livia 29-05-2018 09:19 AM

He's a footballer. Surely it's some kind of comment or symbol about "shooting"?

Seriously.... it's a picture. It can't hurt you.

Hysterics like Lucy Cope are the reason our Olympic shooters have to train abroad.

LeatherTrumpet 29-05-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10011535)
Who cares if he has a gun tattoo seriously?

Also, LT, I actually think tattoos look better on dark skinned people alot of the time

well i dont know how you can think that when the primary ink is dark blue. It just looks fuzzy, with no detail and rather lost. Its like a poorly executed photograph with bad contrast and sharpness

The whole pointy of Indian Ink originally was the contrast on pale skin. If they could somehow develop a white ink then it would look effective :shrug:

AnnieK 29-05-2018 09:31 AM

Not quite sure what the problem is with it. Its a tattoo, not a real gun. Don't quite understand the outrage over it.

Oliver_W 29-05-2018 09:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10011537)
He's a footballer. Surely it's some kind of comment or symbol about "shooting"?

I doubt it's a "black people are LITERALLY being shot for NO REASON" type thing as he's not American? So by football it would mean "soccer".

But yeah, it seems like a storm in a teacup really. I never heard of him before, I'll probably never think about him again.

Niamh. 29-05-2018 09:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10011542)
well i dont know how you can think that when the primary ink is dark blue. It just looks fuzzy, with no detail and rather lost. Its like a poorly executed photograph with bad contrast and sharpness

The whole pointy of Indian Ink originally was the contrast on pale skin. If they could somehow develop a white ink then it would look effective :shrug:

Because I have a different opinion to you, clearly

Niamh. 29-05-2018 09:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10011547)
I doubt it's a "black people are LITERALLY being shot for NO REASON" type thing as he's not American? So by football it would mean "soccer".

But yeah, it seems like a storm in a teacup really. I never heard of him before, I'll probably never think about him again.

You never heard of Raheem Sterling? :laugh:

Livia 29-05-2018 09:54 AM

Rihanna's had a gun tattooo for ages. Not a word said about that... and let's face it, more people know her than know him.

LeatherTrumpet 29-05-2018 09:55 AM

Its about the only thing he can defend...

:idc: