ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   If TiBB had to close for some reason... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=341879)

Maru 05-06-2018 08:02 PM

If TiBB had to close for some reason...

Where would you (yourself) go? Would you sign up at another forum? Would you open a Facebook group? Would you just get off the internet altogether... would you try to get your peeps to go with you if you find a place to migrate?

I've done the migration thing a few times, but I usually don't stick with the new spot... another forum I had been a member of closed after 17-18 years of service... it had a great community and was run really well for that length of time, but everyone went to different places, and so that community effectively split up and more people went to social media (eww)... I don't think when we grow attached to a frequent rest stop, that it is so easily replaced by another ... even when it shares almost the same aesthetic, practices... It is hard to recreate that same eclectic atmosphere after the original breaks up... unfortunately.

Marsh. 05-06-2018 08:04 PM

Stay in touch with the members I get on with but probably wouldn't find another forum, TiBB is the only one I've really used apart from DS.

I kind of don't "do" forums, TiBB just kind of sucked me in from when I watched Big Brother.

Matthew. 05-06-2018 08:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10028391)
I kind of don't "do" forums, TiBB just kind of sucked me in from when I watched Big Brother.

me pretty much, except I still do watch Big Brother (at least that’s what I’m gathering from this, sorry if I’m wrong :hee:)

RileyH 05-06-2018 08:08 PM

I thought this was gonna be one of those 'pick 3 members you would still speak to' or something

Marsh. 05-06-2018 08:08 PM

You're not wrong. I haven't watched it since I quit during Timebomb. :worry:

Although I have dipped in and out of CBB.

Lostie! 05-06-2018 08:09 PM

Quote:

Stay in touch with the members I get on with but probably wouldn't find another forum, TiBB is the only one I've really used apart from DS.

Yeah this tbh. I read subreddits for shows I follow but don't really get involved much. I have a few here on Facebook already and I'd try to keep in touch with others somehow.

AnnieK 05-06-2018 08:09 PM

Yeah, id pretty much just slip back into obscurity. I have a couple of people on FB and a couple of people's email addresses but I don't really do FB, tend to just use messenger so I think if there was no more TiBB my online presence would just cease :laugh:

JerseyWins 05-06-2018 08:11 PM

Probably just going on social media more lol.

BBUS would get kinda boring without the discussions though so idk maybe I'd look for another BB related forum :think: OR just become a much more casual viewer again and find another hobby/show.

Amy Jade 05-06-2018 08:11 PM

Add a few on snap or something but I doubt I would join a few forum.

LukeB 05-06-2018 08:12 PM

Quote:

All of this (if you take away the DS comment)

Matthew. 05-06-2018 08:13 PM

I think I’d just go back to whatever I did before TiBB - which I can’t even remember :hee:

JerseyWins 05-06-2018 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew. (Post 10028457)
I think I’d just go back to whatever I did before TiBB - which I can’t even remember :hee:

:joker:

Morgan. 05-06-2018 08:16 PM

I hate the designs and accessibility if literally every other forum I've come across so I definitely wouldn't find a new one.

The people here are irreplaceable as well I'd miss them too much :laugh: I have most of the ones I care about on social media anyway so it's okay

Withano 05-06-2018 08:18 PM

DS would be the obvious choice, but I don’t think I’d be very active at all. Its this or nowhere really

Pretty cute

Vicky. 05-06-2018 08:20 PM

I have pretty much swapped my tibb addiction for a mumsnet one anyway tbh so it wouldn't make THAT much difference to me. I have a select few tibb members on my facebook who I would probably keep in touch with but besides that..it would not bother me that much. A couple of years back I would have been utterly devastated, but a mix between enjoying posting regularly somewhere where I can just be myself compeltely and take whatever punishment is warranted in exchange for telling someone they are an utter cock (and yes, I have had one short ban on MN, along with some deletions :laugh: ), discovering that MN is definitely NOT just a place for mothers to discuss pushchairs and is more a general interest chat forum than anything else (with more drama than here sometimes, believe it or not) and growing ever weary of rehashing the same arguments over and over here and so many threads starting off promising but descending into the same old crap..along with my dwindling interest in BB and TV in general...have made it possible for me to not totally sink with this ship should the time come :tongue:

Toy Soldier 05-06-2018 08:21 PM

I'd maybe try to find somewhere eventually but it's increasingly difficult. I like forums that are anonymous, small enough that it isn't just a lot of "random people" and you get to know the member base... but that aren't SO small that you can't get good active threads going. TiBB is my 4th "forum home". My first I was on for 8+ years, it eventually closed down, a lot of the core membership moved to a forum set up by a member for a while, until he basically went a bit... nuts, to put it mildly, and everyone sort of went their separate ways.

Then I was on another slightly larger forum for about 4 years. I met my wife on there. We both got permanently banned :joker:

Couple of years after that we ran our own forum for three years, at it's peak it was roughly the same size that TiBB is now... then things turned sort of nasty with some members and we decided it just wasn't emotionally worth it and closed down. A lot of the original members moved to a Facebook group. That's still active and my wife is still on it several years down the line, but I left it after a couple of months.

Then this place.

I'm like The Littlest Hobo! I've never been an active member of more than one forum at a time, but when my times up I keep on movin' on :laugh2:.

Toy Soldier 05-06-2018 08:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10028497)
I have pretty much swapped my tibb addiction for a mumsnet one anyway tbh so it wouldn't make THAT much difference to me. I have a select few tibb members on my facebook who I would probably keep in touch with but besides that..it would not bother me that much. A couple of years back I would have been utterly devastated, but a mix between enjoying posting regularly somewhere where I can just be myself compeltely and take whatever punishment is warranted in exchange for telling someone they are an utter cock (and yes, I have had one short ban on MN, along with some deletions :laugh: ), discovering that MN is definitely NOT just a place for mothers to discuss pushchairs and is more a general interest chat forum than anything else (with more drama than here sometimes, believe it or not) and growing ever weary of rehashing the same arguments over and over here and so many threads starting off promising but descending into the same old crap..along with my dwindling interest in BB and TV in general...have made it possible for me to not totally sink with this ship should the time come :tongue:

:facepalm: Mumsnet is the WORST Vicky! Unless it's significantly changed in the last 5 years. We had a tonne of Mumsnet refugees :joker:

smudgie 05-06-2018 08:25 PM

I would miss so many friendly faces.:bawling:
TIBB has kept me pretty sane through some tough times, I don't think I would look for another forum really.

Daniel. 05-06-2018 08:27 PM

Wouldn’t affect me much as the people I talk to I talk to off site.

I wouldnt want it to though

Vicky. 05-06-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10028536)
:facepalm: Mumsnet is the WORST Vicky! Unless it's significantly changed in the last 5 years. We had a tonne of Mumsnet refugees :joker:

Did we? When was this?

I have been on there for maybe 3 years now, joined thinking it was actually a parenting advice forum (I think I might have gotten it confused with 'netmums' which is a very fluffy and 'omg you ok hun x' type place rather than '**** off to the far side of **** then **** off some more you utter bellend'). Posted on the 'am I being unreasonable' section for..advice and got my arse handed to me. Which was...oddly addictive. Glutton for punishment I guess, but yeah, some of the stuff on there is so ****ing entertaining :laugh:

Marsh. 05-06-2018 08:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10028562)
Did we? When was this?:

Not you paying TS' essay dust?

Vicky. 05-06-2018 08:30 PM

I assumed we was tibb D:

Kazanne 05-06-2018 08:33 PM

I'de stay in touch with those I call friends , I speak to them all off site anyway so,I have my own forum so I wouldn't miss it an awful lot.

Vanessa 05-06-2018 08:35 PM

On facebook. I'm addicted :laugh:

Calderyon 05-06-2018 08:35 PM

Most likely nowhere forum wise.

But maybe either stay at DS more or less or stop altogether and continue using internet in other ways.

I do not use Facebook nor Twitter. Or chats.