ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Ben Shapiro: Civil Discourse | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=342883)

GiRTh 30-06-2018 09:11 AM

Ben Shapiro: Civil Discourse | Real Time with Bill Maher (HBO)

GiRTh 30-06-2018 10:06 AM

Watching Shapiro defending Trump, I almost want to throw up. The conservatives in America cant help themselves though.

'Oh but Crimea was annexed under Obama. So Trump has been tougher on Russian than Obama' :facepalm:

Brillopad 30-06-2018 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10065305)
Watching Shapiro defending Trump, I almost want to throw up. The conservatives in America cant help themselves though.

'Oh but Crimea was annexed under Obama'. So Trump has been tougher on Russian than Obama :facepalm:

I respect your opinions Girth so don’t want to attempt to undermine in any way. I thought both men gave a good argument for their point of view however for me Shapiro stood his ground, despite being completely outnumbered by a completely biased audience.

He stated he agreed with Trump on some issues and not on others but did say he didn’t think much of him as a person. His opinions were based on his views on certain policies which is in line with many people. I thought he was honest and polite and didn’t try to turn it into a slinging match. It was a good watch.

GiRTh 30-06-2018 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 10065339)
I respect your opinions Girth so don’t want to attempt to undermine in any way. I thought both men gave a good argument for their point of view however for me Shapiro stood his ground, despite being completely outnumbered by a completely biased audience.

He stated he agreed with Trump on some issues and not on others but did say he didn’t think much of him as a person. His opinions were based on his views on certain policies which is in line with many people. I thought he was honest and polite and didn’t try to turn it into a slinging match. It was a good watch.

I specifically pointed out the Russia stance. Shapiro is far too intelligent to say what he said about the annexing of Crimea. I found that quite disturbing TBH . On other points I agree but the quote I gave made me want to switch the interview off. It was a extremely stupid comment from Shapiro and reminded me of the right wing Trump supporters who I often see trying to defend Donnie. It was beneath Shapiro to make that comment.

Brillopad 30-06-2018 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10065347)
I specifically pointed out the Russia stance. Shapiro is far too intelligent to say what he said about the annexing of Crimea. I found that quite disturbing TBH . On other points I agree but the quote I gave made me want to switch the interview off. It was a extremely stupid comment from Shapiro and reminded me of the right wing Trump supporters who I often see trying to defend Donnie. It was beneath Shapiro to make that comment.

I admit I don’t know much about that so can’t really comment. I did enjoy watching the interview though.

GiRTh 30-06-2018 10:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brillopad (Post 10065359)
I admit I don’t know much about that so can’t really comment. I did enjoy watching the interview though.

Agree. Excellent interview showing opposing views.

Oliver_W 30-06-2018 12:15 PM

By this point I'm sick of any discussion regarding Trump, so when I watch this I'll skip those bits,unless it's the entire discussion. But in general I find Shapiro likeable and logical, and even when I disagree with him he explains his points well, so it's easy to understand why he thinks what he does.

The left could use people like him and Jordan Peterson tbh

LeatherTrumpet 30-06-2018 12:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10065264)

F me that was a quickfire battle of wits but done with civility and humour.

Brilliant stuff

and good to see Ben on the show

bitontheslide 30-06-2018 01:10 PM

that's a really good interview

arista 30-06-2018 01:52 PM

The whole show is on our SkyAtlanticHD
9PM Sunday , tomorrow.

GiRTh 30-06-2018 07:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10065456)
By this point I'm sick of any discussion regarding Trump, so when I watch this I'll skip those bits,unless it's the entire discussion.

Its pretty much the whole thing. And neither of them like him so cant really understand why you dont want to hear their points of view.:conf:

Oliver_W 30-06-2018 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10065931)
Its pretty much the whole thing. And neither of them like him so cant really understand why you dont want to hear their points of view.:conf:

It's just discussions about him in general I'm sick of, whether it's all praise, all criticism, or actual nuance. It's just boring now.

GiRTh 30-06-2018 09:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10066026)
It's just discussions about him in general I'm sick of, whether it's all praise, all criticism, or actual nuance. It's just boring now.

Why?

Oliver_W 30-06-2018 09:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10066028)
Why?

It's been done to death, with the amount people have banged on about him it feels like he's served two terms rather than being around halfway through his first/only, it just never ends.

GiRTh 30-06-2018 09:46 PM

Fair enough :thumbs:

GoldHeart 30-06-2018 11:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10065305)

'Oh but Crimea was annexed under Obama. So Trump has been tougher on Russian than Obama' :facepalm:

Everyone has their political views but people who support Trump always makes me question their state of mind :umm2:.

Even most Republicans are embarrassed that he's representing them :facepalm: .

Maru 30-06-2018 11:39 PM

Shapiro :love: I listen to his daily podcast as it's a good way to stay up to date... we agree on a lot of our politics. I think he left blank his vote for president, but gave him a shot after he won... He coined "Good Trump, Bad Trump" and is a regular critic on the right... a lot of Trump supporters go after him because he's willing to call out things he disagrees with. He actually gets a lot of ridicule for that.