ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB22 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=730)
-   -   Chanel 5 confirms cbb ex (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=344261)

annabelindabee 04-08-2018 08:48 AM

Chanel 5 confirms cbb ex

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/new...elled-14969396

Im sure there's already a three like this but i could not find it... but that one said sores say... this one say's channel 5 say...

ax... I meant

Morgan. 04-08-2018 08:49 AM

Channel 5 have confirmed nothing

Morgan. 04-08-2018 08:50 AM

Quote:

But it could be its last, according to reports.

The Mirror reports the reality TV show - which has run for seven years on the station - is said to have been ditched earlier this week.

BBUK-Fan 04-08-2018 09:23 AM

Nothing confirmed. Waste of a thread

Nicky91 04-08-2018 10:23 AM

don't trust the tabloids :fist:

Maru 04-08-2018 05:43 PM

It's been axed since CBB ended up in January in my mind. I've always felt like civilian may not happen. It's just a feeling that would not go away, for whatever reason. I can't say there was any real "logic" to that at all in fact.

In either case, I think the matter is now how it will be axed. I think while that is being decided or being "handled", is why we are not getting news in a steady stream and is also why we're getting the appearance of one foot in-one foot out... it's possible because they had contract to run the civilian, they ran auditions because of contractual obligations... and yes, maybe it helped to "negotiate" the final details of how the show would best go... but again, they also have to arrange sponsors for this thing, big name celebrities, etc and if it is mishandled, then the parties will part on bad terms... and that's not good, because BB really isn't a "dead" concept in the sense that it couldn't be resurrected, reinvented or "evolved" to be something more... but atm the right hands to handle that may not necessarily exist, so it's possible Endemol wants to protect the brand and does care a lot about how it will end... because it is still an "active" brand in that sense... they don't want it to end poorly and to leave a bad mark on their other presentations in other parts of the world which may risk being shelved for very similar reasons (including format fatigue)...

I do think there is a fatigue with regards to reality TV and the production of it... and part of that you can blame on the nature of celebrity, the endless thirst and expectations of the viewers of those brands, adding on top of that the very real nature of things happening across the world... can seem nearly impossible to produce a show without somehow connecting those elements to these productions... so yeah, I think the bar is continually being raised in such a way that it's not tenable to maintain continuous growth in that industry... I'm sure it sucks the life out of production to keep managing this show. They can't seem to find a new "favorite" format that works for all involved, and also improves the performance of the show... so yes, shelving it makes the most sense, but maybe that's not what all parties want and it may be that it needs the right hands... but those right hands don't exist that fit the context of such a "strange" show... BB's appeal to me, has always been kind of hard to really "explain" to other people.

annabelindabee 04-08-2018 07:36 PM

I think they should axe it and replace it with Big Brother vip... It will be like cbb in that its on for 3 weeks in the winter and maybe summer too only the housemate are just VIPs, small time actors, up and coming singers/ stars (talented ones just not too big)... any member of the public can apply (or be asked to apply by bb) but unlike the civilian one the people selected will be the most high profiled or richest or most famous people that they can find...

..so it would be like cbb only all housemates will only receive £500 pounds a week with a 10,000 prize to the winner...

I think where cbb fails is that housemates get £75,000 (or so its said) to get mildly famous people in... If each housemate gets 50,000 on average, thats costing cbb millions of pounds and with the decline of audience they just get afford to people millions to get the people in... why increase the budget by million when theres probably some lesser know vip's who would happily go in for 500 a week...

thisisdanny 04-08-2018 09:08 PM

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2A2...jM7m/giphy.gif

MICHAEL G 04-08-2018 09:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelindabee (Post 10125013)
I think they should axe it and replace it with Big Brother vip... It will be like cbb in that its on for 3 weeks in the winter and maybe summer too only the housemate are just VIPs, small time actors, up and coming singers/ stars (talented ones just not too big)... any member of the public can apply (or be asked to apply by bb) but unlike the civilian one the people selected will be the most high profiled or richest or most famous people that they can find... so it would be like cbb only all housemates will only receive £500 pounds a week with a 10,000 prize to the winner... I think where cbb fails is that housemates get £75,000 (or so its said) to get mildly famous people in... if each housemate gets 50,000 thats costing cbb millions of pounds and with the decline of audience they just get afford to people millions to get the people in... why increase the budget by million went theirs probably some lesser know vip's who would happily go in for 500 a week.

Just no

Jase. 04-08-2018 11:23 PM

Quote:

I think they should axe it and replace it with Big Brother vip... It will be like cbb in that its on for 3 weeks in the winter and maybe summer too only the housemate are just VIPs, small time actors, up and coming singers/ stars (talented ones just not too big)... any member of the public can apply (or be asked to apply by bb) but unlike the civilian one the people selected will be the most high profiled or richest or most famous people that they can find... so it would be like cbb only all housemates will only receive £500 pounds a week with a 10,000 prize to the winner... I think where cbb fails is that housemates get £75,000 (or so its said) to get mildly famous people in... if each housemate gets 50,000 thats costing cbb millions of pounds and with the decline of audience they just get afford to people millions to get the people in... why increase the budget by million went theirs probably some lesser know vip's who would happily go in for 500 a week.

https://media.giphy.com/media/l3q2A2...jM7m/giphy.gif

armand.kay 05-08-2018 12:39 AM

good to hear they're focusing on civilian bb

Maru 05-08-2018 01:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10125224)
good to hear they're focusing on civilian bb

:laugh:

kingston 05-08-2018 01:41 AM

Quote:

I think they should axe it and replace it with Big Brother vip... It will be like cbb in that its on for 3 weeks in the winter and maybe summer too only the housemate are just VIPs, small time actors, up and coming singers/ stars (talented ones just not too big)... any member of the public can apply (or be asked to apply by bb) but unlike the civilian one the people selected will be the most high profiled or richest or most famous people that they can find...

..so it would be like cbb only all housemates will only receive £500 pounds a week with a 10,000 prize to the winner...

I think where cbb fails is that housemates get £75,000 (or so its said) to get mildly famous people in... If each housemate gets 50,000 on average, thats costing cbb millions of pounds and with the decline of audience they just get afford to people millions to get the people in... why increase the budget by million when theres probably some lesser know vip's who would happily go in for 500 a week...

What are you smoking?

Mec 05-08-2018 07:25 AM

Quote:

https://i.imgur.com/UHLlXW8.gif

Aaliyah 05-08-2018 11:11 AM

Stop spreading fake news you idiot

BBUK-Fan 05-08-2018 12:19 PM

You spelt axe wrong

JoshBB 05-08-2018 03:02 PM

Tabloid speculation. You'd think people would learn to stop trusting sources that are proven unreliable time and time again, yet here we are.

Glenn-C 05-08-2018 03:12 PM

Quote:

but unlike the civilian one the people selected will be the most high profiled or richest or most famous people that they can find...

This is LITERALLY how they cast for the normal BB

JoshBB 05-08-2018 03:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn-C (Post 10125553)
This is LITERALLY how they cast for the normal BB

Unfortunately yes. Though, it seems they have started to pick some housemates based on their personality again. And that's how it should be.

pontyboi 05-08-2018 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JoshBB (Post 10125560)
Unfortunately yes. Though, it seems they have started to pick some housemates based on their personality again. And that's how it should be.

That's a no brainer tbh lol The fact that Channel 5 started recruiting people based on their social media following was ridiculous...Anyone can be interesting online but as time has proven stick these people in a real situation with regular folk and they cant live up to their online personas.

annabelindabee 05-08-2018 05:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pontyboi (Post 10125582)
That's a no brainer tbh lol The fact that Channel 5 started recruiting people based on their social media following was ridiculous...Anyone can be interesting online but as time has proven stick these people in a real situation with regular folk and they cant live up to their online personas.

I have 2777 freinds on Facebook yet I was not picked not even to final 200 so I know that they don't base it on that

Marsh. 05-08-2018 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by annabelindabee (Post 10125739)
I have 2777 freinds on Facebook yet I was not picked not even to final 200l so I know that they don't base it on that

On what planet does 2777 followers make you special? :joker:

Owen19 05-08-2018 05:12 PM

Quote:

I have 2777 freinds on Facebook yet I was not picked not even to final 200 so I know that they don't base it on that

:skull:

thisisdanny 05-08-2018 05:31 PM

Quote:

im screaming :joker::joker::joker:

pontyboi 05-08-2018 05:42 PM

Quote:

You are one smart cookie Anna.