ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB8 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=60)
-   -   First impressions (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34427)

Bigbrotherin 31-05-2007 01:13 AM

First impressions

What's your first impression of BB8? Does it match the quality of previous series?

I had to turn it off unfortunatley, I tried really hard to enjoy it but I just couldn't. None of the characters really stand out for me none of them compare to the quality of Pete, Glyn, Nikki, Aisleyne and the others of BB7 or the Derek, Makosi, Craig and Kinga of BB6 etc. From what I saw (launch + big mouth + half hour of live feed) I think this series is going to be another Big Brother 4 and I dont think the all female twist has helped at all.

What do you think of BB8, based on what you've seen so far?

Benji 31-05-2007 01:14 AM

i think this is the series for change

Benji 31-05-2007 01:15 AM

but for the better

GlitterEyes 31-05-2007 01:17 AM

I like it so far I think there is potential for some catty fights and entertaining although at some point it needs spicing up with some guys.

easypeasy 31-05-2007 01:20 AM

i miss shahbaz and Sezer........

Jay 31-05-2007 01:21 AM

It's been ok so far not great though.

Bigbrotherin 31-05-2007 01:24 AM

I wont be tuning in untill some men do go in although a may sneek a peak at little brother tomorrow, if dermott bothers turning up for it.

Bigbrotherin 31-05-2007 01:32 AM

I'm quite suprised the votes are being placed for this series being good when everyone this morning was being negative at the idea of women only big brother.

Tom4784 31-05-2007 01:45 AM

I hated the idea originally but I'm actually enjoying watching the live feed now, I'm loving it!

Craiggy 31-05-2007 02:28 AM

It's a change from the norm and I like it!

BB producers know what they are doing, men will come but later.

texbex 31-05-2007 02:28 AM

its okay but worst bb opening everr

WARING 31-05-2007 03:17 AM

Let's see, let's take a group of predominately young, self obsessed girls and put them into a tiny, nontraditional, closed environment and pit them against each other.

I think it's going to get very interesting over the summer. Women fight much nastier then men. It's true. I know. I'm married. ;)

Loved the show, can't wait til they introduce the man to the group. I bet it's Ozzy. :) (yes, I was just kidding about the Ozzy part)

Sticks 31-05-2007 04:55 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Craiggy

Really?

Each series has been a litany of fudging and incompetence.

BTW I mist the first 15 mins as I was out, what was the grovelling apology like, isit on YouTube yet?

Bigbrotherin 31-05-2007 05:16 AM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sticks
Quote:

Originally posted by Craiggy

Really?

Each series has been a litany of fudging and incompetence.

BTW I mist the first 15 mins as I was out, what was the grovelling apology like, isit on YouTube yet?
Threre wasn't one it was more of an admitance.

clairedaisy 31-05-2007 05:17 AM

I think it could work. They may introduce more men over the comin weeks. It was a big shock and when they got to housemate number 7 I knew the rumors were true.

I will still watch it.

Sticks 31-05-2007 03:36 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by clairedaisy
I will still watch it.
And people watch car crashes

Sunny_01 31-05-2007 03:38 PM

Not been on long enough for me to properly make my mind up really - but up to this point I am indifferent

Psylocke 31-05-2007 03:38 PM

Im plesantly surprised.I likeit.

andybigbro 31-05-2007 03:40 PM

i love it and guys WILL enter just be bloomin patient

rororo06 31-05-2007 03:41 PM

i love it! men will be going in soon! this means that for at lest a week we have something new to look forward to everynight!

rororo06 31-05-2007 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by andybigbro
i love it and guys WILL enter just be bloomin patient
i Thoght you said you hated it last night:tongue:

Slartibartfast 31-05-2007 03:49 PM

Quote:

Originally posted by Sticks
Wasn't an apology at all, just a statement of what Ofcom decided and even then didn't give much detail. The full judgement can apparently be found on the ofcom website! Anyone waiting on a grovelling apology from Channel 4 would have been seriously disappointed!

And in response to the TC, you say that none of the housemates compare to the quality of "Pete, Glyn, Nikki, Aisleyne and the others of BB7 or the Derek, Makosi, Craig and Kinga of BB6 etc" but come on, it's only the first night. Glynn looked like a lost sheep on his first night and hardly said a word for weeks! Craig was a non-entity on his first night and both were nearly evicted first. And the others that you mention didn't really have a massive impact on the first night (and some didn't even go in on the first night). Really only Pete (cos of his disability) and Makosi (cos of the secret task) had memorable first nights.

Give it a chance, I know people are concerned over the whole "women only" thing but it won't last long and we'll have a bunch of new housemates to find out about soon! :thumbs:

Captain.Remy 31-05-2007 04:31 PM

I loooove this season so far ! It was really crazy last night, we have a great bunch of housemates ! It's just wicked ! :bigsmile:
By thr way, BB8 made a new world first...the first launch where only females enter in the house ! :thumbs:

Matt08 31-05-2007 04:34 PM

The best line up of female housemates Big Brother has ever had. Tracey, Carole and Lesley were a bad idea though. Kick those ugly housemates out!

Romantic Old Bird 31-05-2007 05:09 PM

I suppose I have to reserve judgement, but as someone who has worked in an almost exclusively female environment all her life.....I have great reservations.

Now, I know I am a woman, but I have always found it is eminently preferable to work with men, or a healthy mix of genders.

We will have to see.

Remember the female was defo more deadly than the male in CBB.

However, I think I like Tracey. Poor self esteem covered by blokish behaviour, but showed some nice traits.

I also like the chubby Welsh lass, because she reminds me of me at that age. Mind you, I have never felt the urge to embalm.