ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Breastfeeding in a public pool (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=345377)

Amy Jade 22-08-2018 09:43 AM

Breastfeeding in a public pool

A mum was told if she wanted to feed her child she would have to get out of the pool. What are your thoughts on this? I am fine with breastfeeding in public but in the actual pool is a bit odd imo at the end of the day you wouldnt have a bottle of pop in the pool so I do think this was wrong on the mothers part

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...-on-trent-pool

Cherie 22-08-2018 09:49 AM

Its a body fluid :skull: get out and sit on the side :skull:

Amy Jade 22-08-2018 09:52 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10164421)

She was asked to do so and is fuming about it. Shle was just on This Morning bragging about breastfeeding in pools on holiday and at funeral services :skull:

LeatherTrumpet 22-08-2018 09:56 AM

no need for that

lazy cow could not be bothered to get out

Josy 22-08-2018 09:57 AM

I don't see why she has to breastfeed in the actual pool

They were right to ask her to do it outside the pool IMO

arista 22-08-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10164421)

Yes Debated
on every media.

Its not that hard
to get out of the pool.

Saph 22-08-2018 10:16 AM

Its a bit gross tbh.. I do find it a bit uncomfortable when women breast feed in public

Vicky. 22-08-2018 10:26 AM

There is no reason at all to do it IN the pool. Sit at the side or something. The only reasons I can think of for her doing it where she did is she was wanting attention and for someone to complain so she could kick off.

I'm all for encouraging breastfeeding and that but...some people take the piss a bit.

Livia 22-08-2018 10:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vicky. (Post 10164457)
There is no reason at all to do it IN the pool. Sit at the side or something. The only reasons I can think of for her doing it where she did is she was wanting attention and for someone to complain so she could kick off.

I'm all for encouraging breastfeeding and that but...some people take the piss a bit.

Agree with all of that.

AnnieK 22-08-2018 11:16 AM

Why would any mother want to breastfeed in a pool that is full of chemicals and other people's skin cells, etc....agree with Vicky this must have been for the attention.

montblanc 22-08-2018 12:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10164524)
Why would any mother want to breastfeed in a pool that is full of chemicals and other people's skin cells, etc....agree with Vicky this must have been for the attention.

yeah that’s not very safe :worry:

Withano 22-08-2018 01:47 PM

It’s completely irresponsible parenting.

She should’ve left the pool so she could stop putting her young child in blatant danger, amongst other reasons.

parmnion 22-08-2018 02:19 PM

Ewww, all that chlorine on her nipple and the baby slurping away in it.

hijaxers 22-08-2018 03:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10164418)
A mum was told if she wanted to feed her child she would have to get out of the pool. What are your thoughts on this? I am fine with breastfeeding in public but in the actual pool is a bit odd imo at the end of the day you wouldnt have a bottle of pop in the pool so I do think this was wrong on the mothers part

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/uk-eng...-on-trent-pool

Total attention seeking , there are rules for good reasons and this very thick woman needs to pay attention to them, jeez nice for everyone else if the child regurgitates into the water - selfish, lazy woman.

GoldHeart 22-08-2018 05:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10164425)
She was asked to do so and is fuming about it. Shle was just on This Morning bragging about breastfeeding in pools on holiday and at funeral services :skull:

OMG ! Clearly she wants attention what a silly cow . why is she fuming ?!! :facepalm: , you can't breastfeed in a pool . Why did she make a fuss about getting out the pool :crazy: .

Nothing wrong with breastfeeding in a corner somewhere, but not in the public swimming pool !, its unhygenic and stupid ,people have gone mad if they think that's normal.

Northern Monkey 22-08-2018 05:59 PM

Yeah you don’t go swimming to get covered in some strange birds tit juice.Go dry your nips and feed the kid at the side imo.

Toy Soldier 22-08-2018 06:56 PM

I'm not going to start bawling about people getting microscopic amounts of breastmilk on them... there are MUCH MUCH WORSE things in swimming pools... If the thought of breast milk bothers anyone, they probably shouldn't be swimming in public pools at all :joker:.

However for that very same reason, I'd say feeding in the pool is probably not a very good idea. Not very hygienic for the child? And surely a drowning hazard, too?

Also I guess on the most basic level; NO ONE is allowed to eat or drink in most pools. It's not really discrimination if that applies to babies too. It's inclusion, if anything.

jaxie 22-08-2018 10:55 PM

Sounds very unhygenic for the baby and quite poor manners in regard everyone else, though I'd probably be more worried about swishing around in everyone's wee more than a drip of breast milk. She should have left the water and sat by the side or in the changing room.

Marsh. 22-08-2018 11:02 PM

Could her husband not bloody wait until they got home? :umm2: