ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Big Brother USA Seasons 1 to 21 + CBB USA 1 & 2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=627)
-   -   should JC be removed? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346143)

RileyH 31-08-2018 02:35 AM

should JC be removed?

scum!

Mokka 31-08-2018 02:36 AM

Yes yes yes yes and yes

Yes

RileyH 31-08-2018 02:38 AM

Anyone who votes no is getting curb stomped

reece(: 31-08-2018 02:40 AM

Yes

He's also broke the rules more then Chima

JerseyWins 31-08-2018 02:47 AM

Eh no not really

I don't really think his actions are ejection worthy even by UK's standards let alone BBUS who rarely ever do it :shrug:

RileyH 31-08-2018 02:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10186036)
Eh no not really

I don't really think his actions are ejection worthy even by UK's standards let alone BBUS who rarely ever do it :shrug:

And this is why people mock New Jersey http://cdn.thisisbigbrother.com/cust...tar92709_8.gif

Mokka 31-08-2018 02:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10186036)
Eh no not really

Did you not see his hand roving all over Tyler's body under the blanket?

He kissed his armpit.... HIS ARMPIT.

He kissed his body and rubbed him all over while he slept. AND Tyler complained the next day about how uncomfortable his night was.

There is actual .... video.... footage

Jack_ 31-08-2018 02:51 AM

idk there's a part of me that likes how BBUS are in respect of the integrity of the game and just letting the houseguests get on with the ~social experiment~?

I don't know whether that's because I've just become so ****ing sick of BBUK's trigger-happy interferences, warnings and ejections - like Big Brother screaming over the tannoy when a 74 year old woman has an argument, or removing someone for things that literally happened outside of the house. And the whole culture its fostered among the tragic fandom of 'I'm complaining to Ofcom' and 'let's search their social media for dirt!'. It's just...not the show it was a decade ago. And so to have a version where they're kind of just left to their own devices is somewhat refreshing? That's not to absolve JC of any wrongdoing, but...this happens in real life, and in a warped kind of way it's probably a good thing people are seeing it.

The only person I thought should've been expelled since I've watched BBUS live is Amanda. From the previous seasons I've seen, it's only really Justin Sebik's expulsion I was totally in favour of. And I quite like the fact it's such a small number? :shrug:

Mokka 31-08-2018 02:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 10186047)
idk there's a part of me that likes how BBUS are in respect of the integrity of the game and just letting the houseguests get on with the ~social experiment~?

I don't know whether that's because I've just become so ****ing sick of BBUK's trigger-happy interferences, warnings and ejections - like Big Brother screaming over the tannoy when a 74 year old woman has an argument, or removing someone for things that literally happened outside of the house. And the whole culture its fostered among the tragic fandom of 'I'm complaining to Ofcom' and 'let's search their social media for dirt!'. It's just...not the show it was a decade ago. And so to have a version where they're kind of just left to their own devices is somewhat refreshing? That's not to absolve JC of any wrongdoing, but...this happens in real life, and in a warped kind of way it's probably a good thing people are seeing it.

The only person I thought should've been expelled since I've watched BBUS live is Amanda. From the previous seasons I've seen, it's only really Justin Sebik's expulsion I was totally in favour of. And I quite like the fact it's such a small number? :shrug:

I'm actually disappointed in you for saying sexual harassment should be let go of for the sake of the game... and a little shocked this is your stance.

RileyH 31-08-2018 02:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 10186054)
I'm actually disappointed in you for saying sexual harassment should be let go of for the sake of the game... and a little shocked this is your stance.

Me too

https://78.media.tumblr.com/69daa1b6...wmiso1_540.gif

JerseyWins 31-08-2018 03:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 10186044)
Did you not see his hand roving all over Tyler's body under the blanket?

He kissed his armpit.... HIS ARMPIT.

He kissed his body and rubbed him all over while he slept. AND Tyler complained the next day about how uncomfortable his night was.

There is actual .... video.... footage

I didn't see where he kissed him, I assumed it was his forehead. Kissing his armpit is GROSS but doesn't make it any better or worse I just don't think kissing someone (unless it was like sexually on the lips or something) while they're asleep is that bad. That was like a kiss goodnight that a parent would give to their child (I know it's not actually that situation but it was that type of kiss)

The touching is a little worse but again I don't think he crossed any lines with where he touched him / how long he touched him for / how inappropriate it was. It's on the spectrum of sexual harassment but like anything there are extremes to it and not-so-extremes IMO.

They're friendly with each other, JC probably doesn't realize it makes Tyler uncomfortable. I didn't see it as, like, JC taking sexual advantage of Tyler at all. If Tyler let's him know he doesn't like it and he still did it that would be a very different story (which I'm not sure if that has happened or not).

Jack_ 31-08-2018 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 10186054)

Let me be clear, there was an 'and' in this statement:

Quote:

in respect of the integrity of the game and just letting the houseguests get on with the ~social experiment~?
Two different, unrelated points. I like how they respect the integrity of the game in terms of minor things like Julie's questions etc, but I ALSO like how they kind of just let the social experiment that Big Brother is just play out. The latter is what I'm referring to with regards to JC.

Sexual harassment should not be let go for the sake of the game (but again that's not what I was implying) - or at all - he should be severely reprimanded and if Tyler were to have complained (as Vegas said) then I'd be in favour of his expulsion. What I'm saying is, I like how social situations are just left to play out on BBUS. Some of Josh's pots and pan scenes last year were very uncomfortable, BUT in some ways I'm glad they just allow it, because Big Brother is supposed to be a social experiment and reality show. Human behaviour is not always pleasant. Can you imagine what would've happened had that gone down on BBUK?

Again, maybe I'm just so sick of our trigger-happiness that I'll take anything that's the antithesis of that but the way I see it is; behaviour like his happens in the real world, that video has gone viral and hopefully people are going to see it and realise (if they hadn't already) that it's not okay. He is going to come out to a ****storm and hopefully realise it's not okay. An expulsion is going to change none of that, his life is already going to be affected. And rightly so.

Mokka 31-08-2018 03:11 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10186067)
I didn't see where he kissed him, I assumed it was his forehead. Kissing his armpit is GROSS but doesn't make it any better or worse I just don't think kissing someone (unless it was like sexually on the lips or something) while they're asleep is that bad. That was like a kiss goodnight that a parent would give to their child (I know it's not actually that situation but it was that type of kiss)

The touching is a little worse but again I don't think he crossed any lines with where he touched him / how long he touched him for / how inappropriate it was. It's on the spectrum of sexual harassment but like anything there are extremes to it and not-so-extremes IMO.

They're friendly with each other, JC probably doesn't realize it makes Tyler uncomfortable. I didn't see it as, like, JC taking sexual advantage of Tyler at all. If Tyler let's him know he doesn't like it and he still did it that would be a very different story (which I'm not sure if that has happened or not).

So you can't imagine that Tyler feels awkward and ashamed to say anything... cause that is generally how most victims of sexual assault or harassment feel. ALSO he was asleep... he doesn't even know all of what occurred or was done to his body.... and the producers aren't telling him that's for sure

JerseyWins 31-08-2018 03:11 AM

Also I'm not saying someone should have to tell another person they don't like being touched to not be touched at night but in this case I really think it was more friendly than harassment levels that's why I say that.

Mokka 31-08-2018 03:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10186070)
Also I'm not saying someone should have to tell another person they don't like being touched to not be touched at night but in this case I really think it was more friendly than harassment levels that's why I say that.

You have not been on the receiving end of this... I can tell. But as someone who has? Let me tell you one persons version of friendly touching is not anothers

JerseyWins 31-08-2018 03:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 10186069)
So you can't imagine that Tyler feels awkward and ashamed to say anything... cause that is generally how most victims of sexual assault or harassment feel. ALSO he was asleep... he doesn't even know all of what occurred or was done to his body.... and the producers aren't telling him that's for sure

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 10186071)
You have not been on the receiving end of this... I can tell. But as someone who has? Let me tell you one persons version of friendly touching is not anothers

All good points tbh, the last part especially which I didn't consider as much compared to how I saw it.

Should he be removed... I'm still not sure considering some things that are let go in BBUS (and I like to see people not removed personally) but I definitely see what you're saying!

Macie Lightfoot 31-08-2018 03:29 AM

"Respecting the integrity of the game" really just means that the show has been panicking ever since Kaitlyn's failed Bonus Life about whether or not they'll actually have enough HGs in the house on finale night, let's be real.

As for whether JC should be removed, I'll say yes mainly because he's so ****ing annoying and he thinks he's invincible since he's gay AND Hispanic AND short (he literally said as much in the n-word episode, don't forget!) Like, I don't care about the whole ~HGs are not allowed to sing~ thing but he's been sooooooo bad about it and just yells at BB whenever they reprimand him. He tried to use an ice cream scooper on like three different people's genitals. He used the n-word, repeatedly defended his usage of it, and then openly admitted that he only apologized for the TV edit. He acts like a lecherous creep towards just about every straight guy in the house. He opened the toilet door on Haleigh and wouldn't close it even when she started yelling about it.

Like, whether or not you find his WACKY ANTICS hilarious or annoying, he clearly has not even come remotely close to even attempting to follow the rules and he's been dreadful from a producer's standpoint. When is enough enough? What happened to three strikes and you're out? How come Scott got removed for throwing a chair in an empty room and Chima got removed for breaking a bunch of rules, and yet JC is being given a free pass for breaking rules and just being an offensive creep? I can't stand JC, but I also don't like the inconsistency/the show being so desperate to have a certain number of people in the house because they locked themselves into such a ****ing rigid structure of how to produce this show.

Jack_ 31-08-2018 03:34 AM

Just to clarify, by respecting the integrity of the game I meant in a general sense. Like how they sequester the jury, limit Julie's questioning of jurors, don't allow the audience to cheer, that sort of thing

In hindsight I shouldn't have included it in my post, it was just a side-point

Mokka 31-08-2018 04:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jack_ (Post 10186085)
Just to clarify, by respecting the integrity of the game I meant in a general sense. Like how they sequester the jury, limit Julie's questioning of jurors, don't allow the audience to cheer, that sort of thing

In hindsight I shouldn't have included it in my post, it was just a side-point

I understand that BBUK is OTT about kicking people out.... and BBUS, I agree, refreshingly let's real life scenarios play out and we all appreciate the conversations on race and sex and different view points.

But, I still argue this is a scenario where we have an assult that isn't even fully realized by the victim, so the conversation isn't happening... and things aren't going to work themselves out naturally because the producers are afraid to admit it occured... and the victim doesn't have the complete information to voice his concerns.

So, maybe JC should be allowed to stay if they let Tyler know what happened while he slept, and Tyler is given a choice in the situation. But really, this is, in my opinion, the exact scenario that I want the producers to stick up for their charges... and say it's not right, appropriate, or allowed.

Matthew. 31-08-2018 06:56 AM

yes he’s a horrible person

Underscore 31-08-2018 07:12 AM

Yes he’s ruining the Labour Party.

Spoiler:

:joker:

Dominic 31-08-2018 07:21 AM

Yes, for reasons that have been named in this thread already. But no, CBS won't even show these events in the episodes, they'll continue editing him to be some cute fun AFP third placer.

ethanjames 31-08-2018 08:06 AM

yes of course he sexually harassed tyler whichever way you flip it JC touched tyler while he was unconsious and that isnt ****ing on and hes getting away with it. he should have been ejected a while ago

starry 31-08-2018 03:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mokka (Post 10186098)
I understand that BBUK is OTT about kicking people out.... and BBUS, I agree, refreshingly let's real life scenarios play out and we all appreciate the conversations on race and sex and different view points.

Generally that is true, for all the faults of scripting DRs, feed blackouts and manipulation, blurring people's mouths when they swear etc. Though there was the case of Willie Hantz who got thrown out though hardly touching the person who was winding him up. They seemed to have to make up that more happened off screen, looked very fishy anyway (though they could play up to those who hated the Hantz family).

Mokka 31-08-2018 03:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by starry (Post 10187296)
Generally that is true, for all the faults of scripting DRs, feed blackouts and manipulation, blurring people's mouths when they swear etc. Though there was the case of Willie Hantz who got thrown out though hardly touching the person who was winding him up. They seemed to have to make up that more happened off screen, looked very fishy anyway (though they could play up to those who hated the Hantz family).

I was remembering this but couldn't come up with the guys name to post the scenario.
Thanks for that :wavey: