ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB22 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=730)
-   -   This sums up why we shouldnt say Roxanne is mentally Ill (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346421)

Denver 01-09-2018 10:18 PM

This sums up why we shouldnt say Roxanne is mentally Ill

LaLaLand 01-09-2018 10:19 PM

Idk I'm torn tbh. I do think there's something lacking like for her to actually try and do this (and multiple times too!)

Rob! 01-09-2018 10:20 PM

Are you just going to make a thread for every opinion from a vaguely famous person you come across?

Denver 01-09-2018 10:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10192428)
Are you just going to make a thread for every opinion from a vaguely famous person you come across?

I think its a fair thing to discuss.

She clearly isnt mentally ill and it is being used as an excuse

Glenn. 01-09-2018 10:21 PM

Tbf it’s kinda right. I don’t believe she’s mentally ill at all. I think she’s just an awful person

Jordan. 01-09-2018 10:21 PM

Glenn. 01-09-2018 10:22 PM

Not me agreeing with Helly Woo Woo

LukeB 01-09-2018 10:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jonnii (Post 10192424)
Idk I'm torn tbh. I do think there's something lacking like for her to actually try and do this (and multiple times too!)

All of this is odd and her behaviour has been like shes on a soap/tv show/panto or like jo sugden may have left emmerdale but jo sugden hasn’t left her if that makes sense which is not normal behaviour so people are going to question if shes mentally ill.

Glenn. 01-09-2018 10:23 PM

The ****ing ****

Elliot 01-09-2018 10:23 PM

I tried to justify her and be fair but people like her don’t deserve mine or anyone else’s time and sympathy. Despicable person

armand.kay 01-09-2018 10:26 PM

"Mental health issues" doesn't always have to be something serious or diagnosable. Roxanne's behaviour in there was not normal and she could really do with a sit down with a therapist.

Denver 01-09-2018 10:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10192456)
"Mental health issues" doesn't always have to be something serious or diagnosable. Roxanne's behaviour in there was not normal and she could really do with a sit down with a therapist.

There is unfortunately no cure for attention seeking

LaLaLand 01-09-2018 10:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LukeB (Post 10192442)
All of this is odd and her behaviour has been like shes on a soap/tv show/panto or like jo sugden may have left emmerdale but jo sugden hasn’t left her if that makes sense which is not normal behaviour so people are going to question if shes mentally ill.

She's quite sociopathic.

rusticgal 01-09-2018 10:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 10192471)

:laugh:

Jack_ 01-09-2018 10:32 PM

It became clear how calculated she was being when she told the boys and said 'don't let anyone else tell you otherwise' cause she was obviously lying. That and the fact she has a history of this and was a bully in school too

The thing that gets me though is how did she EVER think she was going to get away with this on camera? That's not normal, rational or calculated at all

Withano 01-09-2018 11:09 PM

I get her point, but i dont think we can deny its not a possibility

Some people are struggling with their mental health problems and avoid contact with people

Some people are struggling with their mental health and are ****ing charming to people

And some people are struggling with their mental health and are ****ing vile to people

The issue is people may be saying ‘oh Roxannes doing this because she has MH issues’, when really we should be saying ‘Roxanne may have MH issues, maybe she’s taking these issues out on other people’

tiger_greengrass 01-09-2018 11:09 PM

Villain queen Helen telling it how it is.

Ant. 01-09-2018 11:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 10192619)
I get her point, but i dont think we can deny its not a possibility

Some people are struggling with their mental health problems and avoid contact with people

Some people are struggling with their mental health and are ****ing charming to people

And some people are struggling with their mental health and are ****ing vile to people

The issue is people may be saying ‘oh Roxannes doing this because she has MH issues’, when really we should be saying ‘Roxanne may have MH issues, maybe she’s taking these issues out on other people’

:clap1: :clap1: :clap1:

Clootie Dumpling 01-09-2018 11:12 PM

I'm no expert, but I think she may have a personality disorder - that doesn't mean to say she doesn't deliberately set out to manipulate and knows exactly what she's doing.

armand.kay 02-09-2018 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 10192471)

I mean getting to the root of why she's an attention seeker and dealing with that might help.

Garfie 02-09-2018 12:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Clootie Dumpling (Post 10192632)
I'm no expert, but I think she may have a personality disorder - that doesn't mean to say she doesn't deliberately set out to manipulate and knows exactly what she's doing.

Yes, people can have a personality disorder without having a mental health issue. As a personality, she is a narcissist, hence the attention seeking, the need for everything to be about her and the willingness to put her own needs first, even if that means manipulating and/or destroying others.

She might also have some mental health issues, but her basic personality will determine whether she manages them in a constructive or destructive way, and whether she directs them out at others.

My feeling at this stage is that her behaviour is a personality issue rather than a mental health issue.

Twosugars 02-09-2018 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Garfie (Post 10192818)
Yes, people can have a personality disorder without having a mental health issue. As a personality, she is a narcissist, hence the attention seeking, the need for everything to be about her and the willingness to put her own needs first, even if that means manipulating and/or destroying others.

She might also have some mental health issues, but her basic personality will determine whether she manages them in a constructive or destructive way, and whether she directs them out at others.

My feeling at this stage is that her behaviour is a personality issue rather than a mental health issue.

Personality disorders are mental health issues

GoldHeart 02-09-2018 02:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Twosugars (Post 10192879)
Personality disorders are mental health issues

Roxanne made some extreme allegations on Ryan! , that's why we have to question her state of mind! . But there's definitely a calculating side to her. She single handedly managed to manipulate and turn 4 people against Ryan :crazy:

It's like when you get criminals masterminding things in such a cunning sly way that you think it's got to be more than mental illness , there's EVIL there aswell. And it's the same with Roxanne :mad:

puzzled 02-09-2018 03:17 AM

Whether or not she has mental health issues, she is a toxic menace.

Garfie 02-09-2018 03:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10192916)
Roxanne made some extreme allegations on Ryan! , that's why we have to question her state of mind! . But there's definitely a calculating side to her. She single handedly managed to manipulate and turn 4 people against Ryan :crazy:

It's like when you get criminals masterminding things in such a cunning sly way that you think it's got to be more than mental illness , there's EVIL there aswell. And it's the same with Roxanne :mad:

Exactly. Which is why serial killers and murderers can use the insanity plea if they are diagnosed as having a mental disorder, but cannot if they are regarded as having a personality disorder.