ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   CBB22 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=730)
-   -   Hardeep Singh Kohli Hardeep - little bit of Racism going on? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=346825)

LeatherTrumpet 06-09-2018 08:00 AM

Hardeep - little bit of Racism going on?

Just a feeling that there is a little bit of racist behavoir towards Hardeep

Do you think if he was black and not Asian they would treat him better for fear of being racist but as he is Asian (and Scottish) they are more relaxed about showing their true feelings?

:suspect:

https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...1493652869940/

Nicky91 06-09-2018 08:03 AM

no, Sukhvinder and Imran were coming over quite well in the house last year with civilian BB

so race has nothing to do with why the other hm's (and me) dislike Hardeep

and honestly i do like Hardeep's brother, who has a better sense of humour than he has for me personally, i just don't get the whole hype around Hardeep tbh

LeatherTrumpet 06-09-2018 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10205530)
no, Sukhvinder and Imran were coming over quite well in the house last year with civilian BB

so race has nothing to do with why the other hm's (and me) dislike Hardeep

and honestly i do like Hardeep's brother, who has a better sense of humour than he has for me personally, i just don't get the whole hype around Hardeep tbh

no they didnt they were nasty, thick as planks and got the boot early because of it

so that comparison in no good

LeatherTrumpet 06-09-2018 08:05 AM

and you dont watch Still Game so why you are mentioning his brother in beyond me?

Nicky91 06-09-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10205531)
no they didnt they were nasty, thick as planks and got the boot early because of it

yeah but i meant they were coming over nice among the other hm's

Imran got the boot, and Sukhvinder walked out alongside her husband, that loyalty i admired a lot as well :love:

Nicky91 06-09-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10205533)
and you dont watch Still Game so why you are mentioning his brother in beyond me?

i have seen many of his scenes though :hmph:

Elliot 06-09-2018 08:06 AM

Quote:

Suhki was a queen loved by all
Bb legend and she wasn’t even in there long

armand.kay 06-09-2018 08:07 AM

I don't think its rascisim but I do wonder why sounth asians never do too well with their fellow housemates on BB

LeatherTrumpet 06-09-2018 08:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10205536)

incorrect she was a bitter unfunny hag who cowardly walked

vile

chuff me dizzy 06-09-2018 08:13 AM

Quote:

All true !! Vile people

Niamh. 06-09-2018 08:49 AM

I don't know, it feels like maybe some undertones there but not blatant racism

Paula D 06-09-2018 08:51 AM

I think the way they keep going on about his hairiness and his cooking has some racist undertones alright.

They were on dodgy ground with the whole row over chicken if they'd had started going down the road of that's how "those" people cook.

I'm seen more racism going on about him outside the house though, even in here, people slagging off him wearing a skirt without even realising it's part of his culture. That's probably more stupidity than anything though.

Robodog 06-09-2018 08:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10205536)

She was a self-obsessed, professional victim and trouble-maker (kinda like Roxanne was); she was rude about everyone behind their backs and a constant source of stress and humiliation for her doting husband.

All that virtue-signalling chat about the other female HMs not being strong etc, then she goes and walks when Imran gets evicted

A memorable BB character (for all the wrong reasons) but certainly not loved by all.

Niamh. 06-09-2018 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Paula D (Post 10205593)
I think the way they keep going on about his hairiness and his cooking has some racist undertones alright.

They were on dodgy ground with the whole row over chicken if they'd had started going down the road of that's how "those" people cook.

I'm seen more racism going on about him outside the house though, even in here, people slagging off him wearing a skirt without even realising it's part of his culture. That's probably more stupidity than anything though.

Yeah, it just reminded me of the Shilpa stuff where the next sentence after they complained about her under cooking chicken was "maybe that's why they're all so skinny over there" ...... I don't think they're being actively racist though like Jo, Danielle & co were, I doubt they even realise they're doing it

chuff me dizzy 06-09-2018 08:56 AM

Quote:

Point 1 Having body hair is not a race, white people have a lot of body hair too

Point 2 "IF" Being the big word here ,but they haven't said anything about " These people" so its not an issue

LeatherTrumpet 06-09-2018 09:04 AM

I get it a lot from Sally

She looks down her nose at "him"

jaxie 06-09-2018 09:09 AM

Quote:

I would agree with his Paula. I think all the remarks about his body hair are pretty offensive and personal and they do come over as borderline racist to me. Specially when Sally said something about tying his back hair up like his head hair. Much more offensive and frequent than his sympathetic overtones to Sally about her bunion.

Niamh. 06-09-2018 09:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jaxie (Post 10205622)
I would agree with his Paula. I think all the remarks about his body hair are pretty offensive and personal and they do come over as borderline racist to me. Specially when Sally said something about tying his back hair up like his head hair. Much more offensive and frequent than his sympathetic overtones to Sally about her bunion.

Yeah, they're pretty hypocritical actually

south12345 06-09-2018 09:16 AM

The man Is showing himself to be judgemental, opinionated, disrespectful, argumentative and rude at times and you think its because of his race they dislike him and nominate him. ???? Rubbish

Elliot 06-09-2018 09:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robodog (Post 10205595)
She was a self-obsessed, professional victim and trouble-maker (kinda like Roxanne was); she was rude about everyone behind their backs and a constant source of stress and humiliation for her doting husband.

All that virtue-signalling chat about the other female HMs not being strong etc, then she goes and walks when Imran gets evicted

A memorable BB character (for all the wrong reasons) but certainly not loved by all.

Her spat with imran over alchohol was her only bad moment in there and even then she’s not comparable to Roxanne? She’s honest and upfront and a bit messy but she owns her flaws and stands by people she believes in and sees pure of heart, not like roxy who operates in the shadows. She was the best in her series by a mile. Would’ve been legendary if she didn’t walk sigh

Robodog 06-09-2018 09:51 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10205653)
Her spat with imran over alchohol was her only bad moment in there and even then she’s not comparable to Roxanne? She’s honest and upfront and a bit messy but she owns her flaws and stands by people she believes in and sees pure of heart, not like roxy who operates in the shadows. She was the best in her series by a mile. Would’ve been legendary if she didn’t walk sigh

I'd like to agree bro, but she wasn't honest or upfront: (eg - hiding booze?).

Remember her back-biting talks in the garden with Imran, saying how 'these people are not good, they're all fake' etc etc? She never gave specific examples, just constant generalising and angry labelling of other people.

She was flawed, sure (we all are) but she blamed everyone but herself.

And her delivery was SO stressful, man! She made normal conversations feel like arguments; And she had plenty of proper arguments with most people in there too.

Memorable HM but a total headache.

(and yeah you're right - she never went as LOW or as serious as Roxanne did, but she was a professional victim, like Roxanne is)

arista 06-09-2018 10:02 AM

No its his intellect
he was once a TV Producer
so he is Cocky

Dash Darington 06-09-2018 10:07 AM

Hardeep is actively campaigning for nominations to keep his "I'm being ostracized" storyline going. I don't know how people can fall for this crap. He reminds me a bit of Michael Madsen, creating arguments out of nowhere and then acting like it's being forced upon him and storming out of rooms in fake exasperation.

Elliot 06-09-2018 10:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Robodog (Post 10205683)
I'd like to agree bro, but she wasn't honest or upfront: (eg - hiding booze?).

Remember her back-biting talks in the garden with Imran, saying how 'these people are not good, they're all fake' etc etc? She never gave specific examples, just constant generalising and angry labelling of other people.

She was flawed, sure (we all are) but she blamed everyone but herself.

And her delivery was SO stressful, man! She made normal conversations feel like arguments; And she had plenty of proper arguments with most people in there too.

Memorable HM but a total headache.

(and yeah you're right - she never went as LOW or as serious as Roxanne did, but she was a professional victim, like Roxanne is)

I mean I don’t wanan get into a HUGE debate about this because that series was so awful and was filled to the brim with garbage housemates, I can see why you think she’s a chronic complainer and victim with her talking with imran about the housemates, to me that just seemed like she had her guard up and didn’t wanna unravel her life secrets to z listers who had their eye on the prize, and like it’s not like she was wrong Ellie and lotan revealed themselves to be total fakes. The whole hiding the wine thing was such a petty argument like they were all doing it and her reaction was pretty intense but I also feel like there’s a mutual understanding/respect between the two (and I could never see her getting physical). Like she’s well aware she has flaws which is why she respects imran so much because he’s so good at handing them and loving her not in spite but with her shortcomings. To me it all indicates she has a bit of a high guard up which snwhy she was so attached to imran, and it never manifested into malice. In fact she ended up making super good friends with Chanelle raph the sisters and admitted her first impression of Chanelle was completely wrong. All her other outbursts were just, imo, especially when Kayleigh was brushing over her food lol
To me she seems like someone who’s honest with their thoughts about a person and doesn’t want to waste anytime, is very loyal but also someone that doesn’t wanna share themselves human to human off the cuff. She came across to me as someone who’s fair but won’t take bs and will stand by her values and people no matter what. She also made great tv

BBDodge 06-09-2018 10:16 AM

Hardeep's the only one who mentions race, since Natalie left.