ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=728)
-   -   Ellis Producer incompetence (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=347552)

reece(: 15-09-2018 05:16 PM

Producer incompetence

What even are the background checks / psych tests if they cannot even scroll through a persons social media for problematic posts

It’s a joke at this point!

Lstan 15-09-2018 05:18 PM

They are a complete mess is it any wonder this show is getting canned?

LaLaLand 15-09-2018 05:19 PM

Agreed, you'd think they'd learn after the Tila mess.

storybrooke 15-09-2018 05:29 PM

i know it's a joke

GoldHeart 15-09-2018 05:30 PM

The amount of nutters that have entered the BB house i think it's clear to say these "psych tests" are utter BS . Plus it's lazy production as they didn't bother to research Ellis beforehand :facepalm: . Such a waste of time even putting her in the house , and i wasn't even a fan to start with but it's just pointless still .

Jack_ 15-09-2018 05:33 PM

This is the first production move I've really been disappointed with over the last month, I expected better quite frankly

Makes me wonder whether they felt pressure to do something from the twats on Twitter

thisisdanny 15-09-2018 05:35 PM

If it was recent then maybe I'd understand. But it was 4 years ago, when she was just 15 and didn't know any better. It's ridiculous.

GoldHeart 15-09-2018 05:37 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisdanny (Post 10229652)
If it was recent then maybe I'd understand. But it was 4 years ago, when she was just 15 and didn't know any better. It's ridiculous.

People keep saying she also said something stupid this year ? , i haven't seen that tweet though .

Lstan 15-09-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10229640)
The amount of nutters that have entered the BB house i think it's clear to say these "psych tests" are utter BS

I wonder if they started saying that after the whole Shahbaz fiasco to cover their own backsides.

arista 15-09-2018 05:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10229612)
What even are the background checks / psych tests if they cannot even scroll through a persons social media for problematic posts

It’s a joke at this point!

No way can anyone go back to 2014
tweet.

Another Tweeter dug it up

It's Fair she was Ejected fast.

arista 15-09-2018 05:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by storybrooke (Post 10229639)
i know it's a joke

That changes nothing

It would be the same on any TV show

Jordan. 15-09-2018 05:42 PM

They should have just told all housemates to delete their social media at this point cause even if nothing racist is found people will still find something to be outraged at.

GoldHeart 15-09-2018 05:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lstan (Post 10229662)
I wonder if they started saying that after the whole Shahbaz fiasco to cover their own backsides.

I still don't know what Shahbaz's issue were but he was treated like crap in the house , but he didn't help himself . He isolated himself and behaved like a petulant child .

montblanc 15-09-2018 06:02 PM

they're honestly a joke :skull:

Lstan 15-09-2018 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10229673)
I still don't know what Shahbaz's issue were but he was treated like crap in the house , but he didn't help himself . He isolated himself and behaved like a petulant child .

Indeed, and I know the show got a lot of flack for it, but I remember the talk about mental health of housemates being brought up (that and vanessa feltz, I cant remember which came first)

Lostie! 15-09-2018 06:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thisisdanny (Post 10229652)

Of course you know better at 15

Maru 15-09-2018 06:22 PM

Were the tweets even live until recently... or did someone have a really old stash of deleted tweets waiting in their screenshot folder?... don't really care about the ejection, just curious about this aspect if they were even able to "research" it...

bradely2018 15-09-2018 10:38 PM

They should take only clean criminal records people

Amy Jade 15-09-2018 10:47 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maru (Post 10229789)
Were the tweets even live until recently... or did someone have a really old stash of deleted tweets waiting in their screenshot folder?... don't really care about the ejection, just curious about this aspect if they were even able to "research" it...

Someone scrolled back thr0ough her twitter from 4 years ago to find something to be offended by basically.

Saintboy2020 15-09-2018 11:08 PM

Sack Producer

Maru 15-09-2018 11:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Amy Jade (Post 10230422)
Someone scrolled back thr0ough her twitter from 4 years ago to find something to be offended by basically.

Ty for that. What kind of time does someone have to have to sit there and search through a random strangers tweets in their spare time... ? I'll never get it...

Regardless, if they can be found by a regular person then BB production didn't do their due diligence... maybe... ?

The terms used in the problem tweet wouldn't have occurred to me to search if done by hand even though they should be "obvious"... but maybe this is where a pre-prepared list of terms comes in handy as well as a list of racial terms/"problematic" phrases, etc... but still impossible to come up with every phrase or joke that could be deemed offensive under a different context... without having gone through 4-5 years worth of tweets and combed through person by person... sounds easy enough, but not really when it's multiple applicants... and that's just Twitter, we're not even talking about Facebook, blogs, YT videos, etc...

Anyway, if the profile is locked, password lost or the original data is deleted, then they're SOL anyway...

Rob! 15-09-2018 11:41 PM

It should be noted that it's not just the tweet from 2014 that got her removed, there was far more recent stuff on her Facebook and youtube channel. I agree, it's something that should have been spotted way before she was even told she was a housemate, but it isn't JUST for a tweet she wrote when she was 15.

Headie 15-09-2018 11:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10230468)
It should be noted that it's not just the tweet from 2014 that got her removed, there was far more recent stuff on her Facebook and youtube channel. I agree, it's something that should have been spotted way before she was even told she was a housemate, but it isn't JUST for a tweet she wrote when she was 15.

What was said? I know the Facebook thing was something to do with the IRA (altho I didn't really understand it tbh) but didn't know there was stuff on YouTube as well

Rob! 16-09-2018 12:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10230470)
What was said? I know the Facebook thing was something to do with the IRA (altho I didn't really understand it tbh) but didn't know there was stuff on YouTube as well

https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...illon-13253103

It probably is the right move from the show, but it really shouldn't have been allowed to get this far.

Glenn. 16-09-2018 01:05 AM

Couldnt understand a word the girl was saying anyway so it’s no loss

Maru 16-09-2018 01:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rob! (Post 10230494)
https://www.mirror.co.uk/3am/celebri...illon-13253103

It probably is the right move from the show, but it really shouldn't have been allowed to get this far.

I don't really comprehend the controversial significance of a portion of that given where I live. So I can only make assumptions. She does seem foul-mouthed and not very good in terms of judgement. Like that sectarian post could've been read a few ways.

Their hit-rate with these mini scandals is too high I think. They are shopping around for a better network, but then BB risks their brand being perceived as becoming too toxic and controversial for what is currently perceived as "fit to air" in 2018. I understand they have to cast the most controversial & interesting folk they can find, but naturally, if they widen the net too much then they end up with these events that taint the brand even further... and we haven't even seen the first highlight show yet, Rob...

Ammi 16-09-2018 05:31 AM

...it does feel like this is becoming a bit of a recurring pattern for BB...that apparently the most basic of checks on the housemates aren’t being done...which is obviously meaning an early eviction for something outside of the house...like with Andrew and Tila...?...and now Ellis...something that would have surely been researched within minutes...hmmmm, it’s feeling like it’s all a publicity thing to get the series kick started with controversy...if only Channel 5 hadn’t been so controversy obsessed with their housemate choices and drama manipulating ways...they may have given Channel 4 days a run for their money a bit more...

...anyway, what Ellis tweeted was pretty grim but I fear what she’s going to go through now with public negativity and ‘hate’ will be even more grim..:sad:.../...shame on BB...

Jessica. 16-09-2018 06:20 AM

Everyone was saying she was only 15 and bla bla bla but this forum has 15 year olds and if they posted something like that then I don't think anyone would be having it. (It's a shame grown adult members get away with it because of how they phrase it)

bitontheslide 16-09-2018 06:29 AM

Emma specifically stated on friday that all the housemates had been thoroughly vetted :laugh::laugh::laugh:

I mean anyone encountering a rangers supporter would ask some fundamental questions and any issues should have been uncovered in seconds :laugh:

Ammi 16-09-2018 06:32 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jessica. (Post 10230529)
Everyone was saying she was only 15 and bla bla bla but this forum has 15 year olds and if they posted something like that then I don't think anyone would be having it. (It's a shame grown adult members get away with it because of how they phrase it)

...I just find it really hard to believe that BB don’t do basic search checks on things like social media, Jess...especially as they’ve made these apparent errors before which have been revealed straight away by viewers...obviously they will be and BB know that and yet still no attention paid to it at all by them before choosing a housemate...?...I’m really struggling to believe that’s true and whilst I agree that saying what she did at 15yrs old is concerning in racism context..?...I do fear that Ellis could have just been ‘thrown to the wolves’ by BB....I hope I’m wrong because that would be just beyond awful...

Nicky91 16-09-2018 09:39 AM

C5 being a joke, we been knew :laugh3:

arista 16-09-2018 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ammi (Post 10230532)
...I just find it really hard to believe that BB don’t do basic search checks on things like social media, Jess...especially as they’ve made these apparent errors before which have been revealed straight away by viewers...obviously they will be and BB know that and yet still no attention paid to it at all by them before choosing a housemate...?...I’m really struggling to believe that’s true and whilst I agree that saying what she did at 15yrs old is concerning in racism context..?...I do fear that Ellis could have just been ‘thrown to the wolves’ by BB....I hope I’m wrong because that would be just beyond awful...

AMMI
It would cost more to do research
on their past.
They had videos of the housemate making their case.

arista 16-09-2018 09:50 AM

https://i2-prod.mirror.co.uk/incomin...4-Sep-2018.jpg
She sold herself well
keeping her Racist views hidden
from anything she told Endemol

arista 16-09-2018 10:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Glenn. (Post 10230502)
Couldnt understand a word the girl was saying anyway so it’s no loss

Scottish

Put subtitles on.

smudgie 16-09-2018 10:24 AM

Hmmmm, any publicity is good publicity.
Or is that me being cynical?

reece(: 16-09-2018 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10230667)

I'd agree they need that last minute controversy

wendywillow 17-09-2018 09:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10230667)

I was thinking that too, and bb gets to look like the white knight removing her from the house....either that of bb is really inept

LeatherTrumpet 17-09-2018 09:49 AM

There is zero wrong with saying Fck the Pope and the IRA