ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Tech, Movies & Video Games (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=67)
-   -   Telltale games to close (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=348072)

Scarlett. 21-09-2018 11:22 PM

Telltale games to close

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/DnpfRXSUYAEqIkY.jpg

From their Twitter

Amy Jade 21-09-2018 11:25 PM

This is actually so sad I loved their Walking Dead series and hoped for a sequel to Wolf Amongst Us and GoT

Scarlett. 21-09-2018 11:33 PM

They were actually making a sequel to the Wolf Among Us before this happened.

Amy Jade 21-09-2018 11:38 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dia. (Post 10245052)
They were actually making a sequel to the Wolf Among Us before this happened.

Yeah I read that somewhere </3

I think the way they release games kinda hurt them a bit. I hate having to wait so I never bought their games until the season was fully released by which they were on sale or even free in some cases

Scarlett. 21-09-2018 11:51 PM

Also, Youtubers probably didnt help, with most games you buy for the gameplay, but if you watch a Telltale walkthrough, you've kinda seen all you need

Amy Jade 22-09-2018 09:16 AM

Apparently the 25 remaining staffers are working on Minecraft or something because they have a deal with Netflix and the last season of The Walking Dead they are currently releasing could be axed.

If this is true then they are truly a despicable company. To sell season passes and not release a full season is basically theft imo

Ramsay 22-09-2018 10:15 AM

Yeah I bought the season pass too, super pissed. Even though most their games had the same formula, I still loved them all (expect Minecraft I just have no interest in that), it's a very sad day :(

Toy Soldier 22-09-2018 10:17 AM

IMO episodic release is a failed experiment and this was inevitable in the long run. I've literally never played an episodic game before all episodes were released; at which point you can usually pick it up in a Steam sale within 6 months (for like £15). I'm sure I got The Wolf Among Us for something like £5.99 :think:.

But yeah I don't think it was ever sustainable. "Hitman" tried it for one game and has immediately gone back to "full release style" for the next game.

Currently it really has to be either full price big budget release (with some extra bits as DLC), or smaller scale indie releases with smaller price tag.

Amy Jade 22-09-2018 10:19 AM

I'll be so annoyed if they only giveus 2 episodes of the final season

Toy Soldier 22-09-2018 10:22 AM

Tbqfh I also think that people over time have realised that the selling point of telltale games is actually not what it's made out to be... I.e. There's an illusion of choice but you actually can't alter the stories much at all. You're just watching it unfold. And as Dia points out... Once you realise that, even if you enjoy the stories, you might as well just watch a (good, charismatic) YouTuber play through it instead.

Compare them to Detroit or Heavy Rain which - love or loathe them - genuinely branches into several very distinct stories and have scenes that play out totally differently (and entire chapters that may not occur at all) based on your choices. Telltale starts to feel like watching a linear story where you sometimes press a button.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 22-09-2018 10:53 AM

Their games were hardly even games though there was no gameplay you just pressed a button for different dialogue options/choices :skull: they were more like those interactive DVD things

Nicky91 09-12-2018 10:48 AM

Nicky91 09-12-2018 10:48 AM

so a team is working on finishing this final season of the walking dead :)

Nicky91 24-12-2018 12:56 PM

episode 3 trailer for the walking dead final season :amazed:

Moniqua 24-12-2018 02:03 PM

If Clem dies I'll be so upset :bawling:

Nicky91 24-12-2018 02:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Moniqua (Post 10390636)
If Clem dies I'll be so upset :bawling:

in that trailer, they give similarities with Clem & AJ to Lee & Clem :eek:

maybe you could have a multiple choice like one option is clem dying/sacrificing herself for AJ, other option could be clem surviving with AJ

:think: just theories though

Nicky91 12-01-2019 01:30 PM

longer trailer of ep 3 broken toys (the penultimate episode of the final season)