ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=728)
-   -   Lewis: let’s talk about politics! homeless people! Suicide! (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350423)

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 22-10-2018 11:35 PM

Lewis: let’s talk about politics! homeless people! Suicide!

https://i.imgur.com/dxIiokv.jpg

Vanessa 22-10-2018 11:36 PM

I'd love to hear the housemates talk about those.

rusticgal 22-10-2018 11:36 PM

Ok...:conf:

RileyH 22-10-2018 11:36 PM

:joker:

Yaki da 22-10-2018 11:37 PM

Just when you think he can't get any worse he starts turning into Bono

Ant. 22-10-2018 11:38 PM

:laugh2:

Jack_ 22-10-2018 11:38 PM

Émile Durkheim is SHAKING!

montblanc 22-10-2018 11:39 PM

ugh he sounds like those headass twitter posts like 'dOn'T tExT mE wYd aLL tHe tiMe, lEt's TalK aBoUt spAce, sEx, poLiTiCs, etc.'

GoldHeart 22-10-2018 11:41 PM

Well Lewis looks homeless so i guess he can relate :whistle:

Mystic Mock 22-10-2018 11:41 PM

Tbf it would be nice to hear other types of conversations on the show.

But it all depends on how he put it across and if he was dictating to people about what they should talk about as I dislike anyone that does that sort of behaviour.

I haven't been watching it the past couple of days just so that people don't find this post strange.

RileyH 22-10-2018 11:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GoldHeart (Post 10305453)
Well Lewis looks homeless so i guess he can relate :whistle:

:whistle:

BBDodge 22-10-2018 11:47 PM

In the off season forums are full of threads saying we want more intelligent discussions from housemates.

But whilst the show is on, no - more about bumholes, penises, poo and wee.

Daniel-X 22-10-2018 11:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDodge (Post 10305476)
In the off season forums are full of threads saying we want more intelligent discussions from housemates.

But whilst the show is on, no - more about bumholes, penises, poo and wee.

I haven't seen one thread saying this? lmao.

If anything 'Year of the Woman' got criticised on here quite heavily for being too politically focused on gender/LGBT/political issues. Because at the end of the day sis if i wanted to i'd just watch Question Time or Newsnight, with people who know what they're talking about. Rather than watch some pretentious barman from Stockton-on-Tees spouting his opinion.

deanmontague 22-10-2018 11:57 PM

I don't see what is wrong with wanting to discuss serious topics that effect society?

Recently I watched a video on FB of a guy who came out to his parents who rejected him and has been living homeless in Manchester on the streets since.

This weekend one of my FB friends commited suicide (nobody saw it coming) and 2/3rds of suicide victims are men. why?

and is politics not more cruical now than ever given trump is in power and we're going through brexit?

Meh... i just remember watching Courtney Act in CBB and living for her educational discussions explaining one of the trans housemates circumstances (who was awful to watch) and how nice it was to see the way she educated others.. we need more of that. :shrug:

Twosugars 23-10-2018 12:00 AM

these things can't be forced, clearly they're not interested in talking about it
unless lewis wants to preach and tell them what to think
in the meantime

Daddy! :creep:

Vanessa 23-10-2018 12:00 AM

:clap1:
Quote:

Originally Posted by deanmontague (Post 10305512)
I don't see what is wrong with wanting to discuss serious topics that effect society?

Recently I watched a video on FB of a guy who came out to his parents who rejected him and has been living homeless in Manchester on the streets since.

This weekend one of my FB friends commited suicide (nobody saw it coming) and 2/3rds of suicide victims are men. why?

and is politics not more cruical now than ever given trump is in power and we're going through brexit?

Meh... i just remember watching Courtney Act in CBB and living for her educational discussions explaining one of the trans housemates circumstances (who was awful to watch) and how nice it was to see the way she educated others.. we need more of that. :shrug:

BBDodge 23-10-2018 12:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel-X (Post 10305505)
I haven't seen one thread saying this? lmao.

If anything 'Year of the Woman' got criticised on here quite heavily for being too politically focused on gender/LGBT/political issues. Because at the end of the day sis if i wanted to i'd just watch Question Time or Newsnight, with people who know what they're talking about. Rather than watch some pretentious barman from Stockton-on-Tees spouting his opinion.

Well here's one for starters:

http://www.thisisbigbrother.com/foru...d.php?t=337610

rusticgal 23-10-2018 12:08 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10305454)
Tbf it would be nice to hear other types of conversations on the show.

But it all depends on how he put it across and if he was dictating to people about what they should talk about as I dislike anyone that does that sort of behaviour.

I haven't been watching it the past couple of days just so that people don't find this post strange.

He wasn't dictating...he was just suggesting a more adult conversation...something with a bit more depth.

Ant. 23-10-2018 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BBDodge (Post 10305532)

sweety if you wanted to back up your point you should've used a thread by anyone but Nicky

boy probably sat there and thought "we need less intelligent conversation on BB!" just a half hour later

Ant. 23-10-2018 12:14 AM

in fact, in that same thread, you got one person saying they want less intelligent people and someone wanting both intelligent and unintelligent people

Ant. 23-10-2018 12:15 AM

like at the end of the day, Big Brother fans remember Kinga using a wine bottle to masturbate, not Ann Widdecombe sharing her political views

Yaki da 23-10-2018 12:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Lilbro (Post 10305561)
like at the end of the day, Big Brother fans remember Kinga using a wine bottle to masturbate, not Ann Widdecombe sharing her political views

I don't know. I liked Ann. Shame she didn't win imo.

Ant. 23-10-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaki da (Post 10305562)

Oh I did enjoy her at times but if I have to think of a moment about her, I think of her shouting "LEFT!!! LEFT!!! LEFT!!!" and not... well I actually can't think of any views she discussed and that was the prime focus of the first four days before the men went in

deanmontague 23-10-2018 12:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Yaki da (Post 10305562)

oh my god her winning would have been equivalent to trump gaining power (dramatised slightly).

im soooo glad i wasn't on these forums for that season - i would have had a a stroke argueing with people over her :joker:

Yaki da 23-10-2018 12:22 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deanmontague (Post 10305576)
oh my god her winning would have been equivalent to trump gaining power (dramatised slightly).

A great victory for the Western world then.