ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=728)
-   -   Lewis F People have paid money to keep Lewis in (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=350927)

ThriceShy 29-10-2018 03:45 AM

People have paid money to keep Lewis in

So how can they get away with just ditching him and not showing us why. Doesn't there need to be transparency when money is changing hands?

Think about it, he could have been getting warnings for weeks but they might have kept him for revenue then jettisoned him before the final week to allow their chosen winner to romp home.

I don't vote. But if I had voted for Lewis then I would want answers.

Elliot 29-10-2018 03:46 AM

how is it big brothers fault that lewis is a moron

ThriceShy 29-10-2018 03:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Elliot (Post 10321067)

It isn't.

My point is that a paying public should be allowed to see the reason he was ejected because some voted to keep him in.

I couldn't stand him by the way. I just think the secrecy issue is important.

GoldHeart 29-10-2018 03:50 AM

Quote:

I only half agree with you Elliot , yes Lewis was an overbearing idiot . But BB still SHOULD of shown us WHY he got removed .

I keep wondering if he got previous warnings now aswell , even the night when him & Cameron jumped in the pool when it was pelting down with rain and Lewis kept ignoring BB .

vesavius 29-10-2018 03:52 AM

Quote:

This

JerseyWins 29-10-2018 04:01 AM

I think this is more of an issue/conspiracy/problem with the betting than the people paying/voting to keep him in. Could've been too many bets placed on Lewis F and he was just rigged out for the bookies. :shrug:

ThriceShy 29-10-2018 04:01 AM

Imagine you voted for a housemate over the course of a series and spent maybe £20 or more or whatever. Would you be happy that they were just secretly ejected Kafka style with no reasons given?

I contend that people who paid to keep Lewis in are owed an explanation.

And it doesn't matter which housemate it is. It just happens to be Lewis but the same would apply to all of them.

vesavius 29-10-2018 04:02 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10321073)
I think this is more of an issue/conspiracy/problem with the betting than the people paying/voting to keep him in. Could've been too many bets placed on Lewis F and he was just rigged out for the bookies. :shrug:

oh, gawd, no

Withano 29-10-2018 06:08 AM

Not strictly true @title, and even if it was, they only paid for him to stay until the next eviction/ejection.

tanussa 29-10-2018 07:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ThriceShy (Post 10321065)
So how can they get away with just ditching him and not showing us why. Doesn't there need to be transparency when money is changing hands?

Think about it, he could have been getting warnings for weeks but they might have kept him for revenue then jettisoned him before the final week to allow their chosen winner to romp home.

was thinking exactly the same, in fact I have written to ch5 giving those exact reasons why they should atleast tell us why they ejected lewis without giving him a warning. they should not keep the fans in the dark when we are spending our well earned cash on voting. poor vanessa has paid a small fortune in order to keep lewis in, only to have him chucked out a week later, no reason given, its not on.

bitontheslide 29-10-2018 07:36 AM

i paid good money to keep Lewis G in, but look where that got me :shrug:

thisisdanny 29-10-2018 07:36 AM

It's vote to evict not save. So they haven't paid money to keep him in, they've just paid to see other people leave.

thesheriff443 29-10-2018 07:39 AM

Fools and their money are easily parted.

You all need to get a life and stop going on about a show that died years ago.

Reality to game show, and that’s it’s death.

Cherie 29-10-2018 07:41 AM

Quote:

People voted to evict Lewis, nobody voted to save him

Toy Soldier 29-10-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JerseyWins (Post 10321073)

Its not a big betting event, there's nowhere near enough money involved in reality TV betting for it to be worth rigging. Plus Lewis was favourite for weeks, and in general, it's GOOD for bookies if the favourite wins. It's not like he was sitting at 50/1 with money being piled on and then suddenly became favourite.

Cherie 29-10-2018 07:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by tanussa (Post 10321113)
was thinking exactly the same, in fact I have written to ch5 giving those exact reasons why they should atleast tell us why they ejected lewis without giving him a warning. they should not keep the fans in the dark when we are spending our well earned cash on voting. poor vanessa has paid a small fortune in order to keep lewis in, only to have him chucked out a week later, no reason given, its not on.

:joker:

chuff me dizzy 29-10-2018 09:04 AM

Quote:

Totally agree, its disrespect to the voters

chuff me dizzy 29-10-2018 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10321118)
People voted to evict Lewis, nobody voted to save him

I paid to vote to evict the people he was up against

Cherie 29-10-2018 09:14 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by chuff me dizzy (Post 10321176)

you could have been saving any of the housemates up for eviction though, not just him, you cannot direct your money to save a specific housemate in vote to evict, if you target one housemate to evict, you are effectively saving the others who are up

Babayaro. 29-10-2018 09:15 AM

Quote:

So if those people who you voted to evict were to return as housemates then you would have something to complain about.

Amy Jade 29-10-2018 09:16 AM

Quote:

You wasted your money in the long run.

Just as most of us have at some point.

joeysteele 29-10-2018 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10321114)
i paid good money to keep Lewis G in, but look where that got me :shrug:

He was thrown out by the public.
A major difference.

No matter the housemate, we should be told at least, if not shown the incident, why any supporters lose the housemate they kind of sponsor really via their time and cost of votes to keep them in.

Since this is something he said, as you stated rightly, they could bleep the offending word out.
As viewers on BB, where the idea is, we look in on a collection of people thrown together, to see them and how they react, and say and do the things they do.
We should have far more information on an ejection, immaterial of whichever housemate is ejected, than we have had here.

The housemates know, BB knows, channel 5 know, since it's not a criminal matter or one for any authorities..
Then we should be told more fully and know too.

joeysteele 29-10-2018 09:42 AM

Quote:

Totally right.
You, myself and hoards of others likely, voted to evict as you say, those up against him.

That is actually spending money to 'save' Lewis, that's a fact.

Thereby we spent time and money voting to protect his place in the house.

Others can spin it any way they like chuff, that's how it was.
Just as if he was still there now, we'd be spending time and money on him to win.

jaxie 29-10-2018 09:56 AM

I paid good money to get Lewis out when he was up for eviction. I didn't get anything for that at the time either. :shrug:

chuff me dizzy 29-10-2018 10:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 10321219)
Totally right.
You, myself and hoards of others likely, voted to evict as you say, those up against him.

That is actually spending money to 'save' Lewis, that's a fact.

Thereby we spent time and money voting to protect his place in the house.

Others can spin it any way they like chuff, that's how it was.
Just as if he was still there now, we'd be spending time and money on him to win.

Yes it is .. But we have the knowledge that the PUBLIC didn't evict Lewis BB did