ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB19 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=728)
-   -   Rylan lands his own show on Radio 2 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351593)

MTVN 08-11-2018 11:04 AM

Rylan lands his own show on Radio 2

Taking over from Zoe Ball in the prime Saturday afternoon slot on the most listened to station in the country, Rylan's rise continues :clap1:

Quote:

[TV presenter Rylan Clark-Neal is taking over Zoe Ball's Radio 2 Saturday afternoon slot.

The former X Factor contestant and Big Brother winner will host a new Saturday show starting in January, having stood in for Zoe before.

Zoe is*moving to host the weekday Radio 2 Breakfast Show*.

Rylan, who has also helped cover Eurovision for the BBC Television, said: "I'm so excited and honoured to be joining the BBC Radio 2 family.

"I can't wait to get started and look forward to being in the studio from the New Year."

He added: "After stepping in for the amazing Zoe Ball over the summer, working with her fantastic team, I'm thrilled that I'll be working with them again to fill listeners' Saturday afternoons with fun, great music and a lot of laughter.

"I wish Zoe every success as the station's new Breakfast Show host and I'm sure she's going to be as brilliant as she always has been."

Radio 2 said Rylan would be "bringing his own fun, feel-good hits and ample amounts of chat to the programme".

Lewis Carnie, head of Radio 2 said: "I'm delighted that Rylan can join Radio 2 and we will give him a warm welcome in his new presenting role. Our listeners can expect a wonderful mix of fun and Rylan's inimitable style on Saturday afternoons."

The show will run from 3pm to 6pm.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-46136899

Mitchell 08-11-2018 11:05 AM

Legend

Vanessa 08-11-2018 11:15 AM

Great news. So happy for him!

Marsh. 08-11-2018 11:16 AM

It'll last about as long as his chat show.

Niamh. 08-11-2018 11:18 AM

Glad I don't listen English radio :hee:

Cherie 08-11-2018 11:40 AM

I would say radio would be a good medium for him

James 08-11-2018 11:44 AM

It's bizarre how he has become such a big deal in TV and radio.

When you think about... Russell Brand, Dermot, Davina and Emma Willis - they all pretty much owe their careers to presenting Big Brother.

DanielM787 08-11-2018 12:13 PM

Emma was robbed!

AtticusMurphyJr. 08-11-2018 07:57 PM

As somebody who detested Rylan during his original series, i've grown to love him, and respect the effort he puts into his work. He was born to be a presenter, definitely not a singer. He also has a great voice, so radio only makes sense.

Braden 08-11-2018 07:59 PM

How did he manage to find a genie lamp?

hijaxers 08-11-2018 08:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Vanessa (Post 10339814)
Great news. So happy for him!

Yes better heard than seen - if they can keep him in a seat , he can turn up with ginger roots too , laid back Rylan.

Rob! 08-11-2018 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AtticusMurphyJr. (Post 10340295)
As somebody who detested Rylan during his original series, i've grown to love him, and respect the effort he puts into his work. He was born to be a presenter, definitely not a singer. He also has a great voice, so radio only makes sense.

This tbh

I was not a fan of him at all at first but he's really grown on me. His passion for BB could not be disputed, which is one of the main things Big Brother as a show needs and he has clearly learnt a lot and from what literally anybody who has ever worked with him has said, he's apparently one of the nicest blokes in the buisness.

LeatherTrumpet 09-11-2018 07:00 AM

he did some cover for Zoe and impressed but he wont be driving the desk and its an easy slot. That said I would have hoped R2 would have blood some new talent for Radio rather than have ANOTHER "ooh er missus" gay camp presenter as they already have Norton and Carr doing that schtick

but there you go

Clootie Dumpling 09-11-2018 09:48 AM

That's great! Well done, Rylan. (Can't stand Zoe Ball.)

internetkid 09-11-2018 09:50 AM

I don’t even listen to the radio but might listen for him lool