ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   The X Factor 2018 [S15] (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=738)
-   -   Fair play to Gio (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=351716)

Morgan. 11-11-2018 08:27 PM

Fair play to Gio

He was one of the most obvious first-boots ever but he did pull off some good performances. Just not my cuppa tea, and this was as far as he should've gone.

RileyH 11-11-2018 08:27 PM

Him performing Britney in rock version was iconic

Jack_ 11-11-2018 08:32 PM

I was like WTF when Ayda brought him through but actually he became one of the acts I looked forward to the most, a real revelation :clap1:

Seems like a lovely guy too

HungarianGuy 11-11-2018 08:56 PM

He was amazing in the competition and deserved better. Sadly, he has performed first, and weird people prefer Brendan and Danny over him.

Barry. 11-11-2018 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungarianGuy (Post 10344347)
He was amazing in the competition and deserved better. Sadly, he has performed first, and weird people prefer Brendan and Danny over him.

It's called opinions.

HungarianGuy 11-11-2018 08:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Barry. (Post 10344351)
It's called opinions.

And bad taste. :) I'm kidding, you are allowed to stan for Brendan. :) He was great last night!

Mystic Mock 11-11-2018 11:43 PM

He was one of the more fun and talented contestants in the line-up imo, he also easily has the most standout performance of the year by actually making a Britney Spears song sound good.

Also I'm willing to make a bet that A&A have lost to Giovanni in every single vote, so it's daft to keep them around, especially considering they're also less talented than him.

HungarianGuy 12-11-2018 06:54 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10344528)
He was one of the more fun and talented contestants in the line-up imo, he also easily has the most standout performance of the year by actually making a Britney Spears song sound good.

Also I'm willing to make a bet that A&A have lost to Giovanni in every single vote, so it's daft to keep them around, especially considering they're also less talented than him.

Yeah because it's so fair to compare 14 year old kids to a 43 year old guy who has years of experience in performing.

thesheriff443 12-11-2018 08:47 AM

I watched gio perform in bat out of hell in London a few months back.

He was a good singer but in that show there are a lot of really good singers and it sets a bench mark.

Some singers that have won in the past have been ok and won due to the lack of out standing singers in that years competition.

You really have got to have the X factor to make it in the music world after the show ends.

Nicky91 12-11-2018 08:59 AM

he was still better than Aaliyah and acacia though :(

Strictly Jake 12-11-2018 10:11 AM

I liked him but I do think it was his time to leave. Danny out next please

Mystic Mock 13-11-2018 06:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by HungarianGuy (Post 10344569)
Yeah because it's so fair to compare 14 year old kids to a 43 year old guy who has years of experience in performing.

I get that, but the judges are suppose to judge on the current standards of the acts, and Gio was stronger than them technically and popularity wise.

A&A will need a miracle to not be in the bottom three again this week.

Owoaje1993 13-11-2018 06:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Blurryface (Post 10344238)
He was one of the most obvious first-boots ever but he did pull off some good performances. Just not my cuppa tea, and this was as far as he should've gone.

I hated him at the start then I warmed to him I think he should of been on the tour

HungarianGuy 14-11-2018 03:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mystic Mock (Post 10346973)
I get that, but the judges are suppose to judge on the current standards of the acts, and Gio was stronger than them technically and popularity wise.

A&A will need a miracle to not be in the bottom three again this week.

Yet Gio was in the Bottom 2 and the judges voted on the girls to stay. You have a different opinion, I get that, but the judges did their judgings and he lost.

Garfie 16-11-2018 05:15 AM

I think it's a shame he's gone before some of the remaining acts.

His music is not for me, but there's no denying he does have a good voice and he had a real stage presence. He is a true performer, and I actually looked forward to his performance each week. I shall miss him being there this week.