ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   West Yorkshire : Syrian schoolboy viciously attacked by pupil (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352293)

arista 28-11-2018 01:20 PM

West Yorkshire : Syrian schoolboy viciously attacked by pupil

This was in today's news
went on last month
The bully/thug has been named on social media.

https://news.sky.com/story/syrian-sc...igate-11565400

[Officers are treating the incident in Huddersfield, West Yorkshire,
as a racially aggravated assault.
The victim is seen walking across a field when a fellow pupil appears to shove him
to the ground and squirt water in his face while saying: "I'll drown you".]

Livia 28-11-2018 01:23 PM

Despicable. But I hope it's remembered that kids are bullied every day for a wide variety of reasons. It shouldn't take a media outcry for schools and parents to get a handle on the problem.

Alf 28-11-2018 03:02 PM

My fights never made the national news when I was at school, didn't even make the local news.

Kazanne 28-11-2018 03:06 PM

it was awful to watch,but as Livia says a lot of it goes on,I have seen videos of girls beating another girl up,i don't know what compels people to bully, but it needs sorting out in the schools and at home,far too many kids are suffereing at the hands of bullies.people are so violent these days.

Matthew. 28-11-2018 03:59 PM

apparently he’s been charged, and rightly so as well

armand.kay 28-11-2018 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10365141)
My fights never made the national news when I was at school, didn't even make the local news.

wth did they have to record them on?

Jack_ 28-11-2018 04:44 PM

I don't watch stuff like this cause it makes me angry but I quite enjoy the thought of that kid waking up this morning to 100,00 Facebook notifications of abuse (which are still continuing) and the clip all over breakfast television and national radio stations :spin:

His world has closed in on him and he'll be living in fear, just like his victim did. Justice!

Alf 28-11-2018 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10365270)
wth did they have to record them on?

There were witness's around.

Denver 28-11-2018 04:52 PM

The bully was a supporter of the racist far right groups

Denver 28-11-2018 04:53 PM

Apparently the boy had 35k raised for him

While it's a nasty and horrible thing to happen what about all the others who suffer abuse at school ?

jaxie 28-11-2018 06:41 PM

Bullying is vile. This isn't the only kid in the country suffering from it. Let's make them all special, not just one, by being more proactive about stopping it.

UserSince2005 28-11-2018 08:25 PM

not seen it, but kids will be kids.

Matthew. 28-11-2018 08:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 10365585)

:umm2:

well if that’s your attitude then maybe you should watch it and see it’s not just a case of “kids being kids”

Mitchell 28-11-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

I never tried to simulate water boarding on a refugee who fled their country after seeing their country destroyed by war in my childhood but ok

Marsh. 28-11-2018 09:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alf (Post 10365141)

Handbags are newsworthy?

Babayaro. 28-11-2018 09:06 PM

Quote:

Don't comment shite then.

Troll.

Greg! 28-11-2018 10:36 PM

Watched it today and it made me sick to the pit of my stomach. A sad result of the hostility towards immigrants/asylum seekers from the media and a certain generation. The fact he tried to waterboard him and said 'I'll drown you' as well is DISGUSTING! A vile vile specimen who deserves everything that's coming to him.

Mystic Mock 28-11-2018 10:45 PM

I didn't have the sound up when I watched it as I was out in public, but the bully has deserved everything that he has gotten here imo, especially when the poor kid had cast (excuse the spelling) on his arm.

The bully was a coward.

GoldHeart 28-11-2018 11:51 PM

Disgusting! :oh:
Hope the bully gets punishment and made an example, he had the nerve to film it as well how stupid can you get to brag about it .

At age16 he knows right from wrong and if he doesn't want to be named & shamed then he shouldn't bully & pick on smaller school kids like the typical coward he is :nono:

armand.kay 28-11-2018 11:59 PM

they found the bullies twitter and he had shared a few nationalist /'alt right' posts also his mum has been arested before for hurling racial abuse at people.... but yeah just kids messin about

armand.kay 29-11-2018 12:02 AM

also I had a lot of dicks in my school but I think even they would've backed down on someone if they broke their ****ing arm!

Maru 29-11-2018 12:33 AM

This reminded me of this story, not too long ago. Not sure if I shared it or not:

Video of teens walking on student with cerebral palsy draws strong criticism
https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-...ying-1.2663152

Quote:

A video showing a teen with cerebral palsy being bullied into lying in a stream so his classmates can walk over him is being widely condemned online.

Brett Corbett is a Grade 9 student at Glace Bay High School. On Wednesday he was with other students at the stream, known as the Burr-Bank, near the school.

"At first it started as a dare," Corbett said. "But then someone threatened to push me in the Burr-Bank and said 'Get on your gut,' and a girl walked on my back."

The 14-year-old said it made him feel "sad and upset."
Bullying incidents will probably become more vicious and personal as the temperature rises in society. I think because people in general are less likely to intervene and more likely to be complicit when they've perceived the person being targetted as an "outsider" to their larger peer group. There's plenty of that behavior and groupthink in the adult world, so it's not at all unreasonable that those tensions to have started to play out in the schoolyard.

lime 29-11-2018 07:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Kazanne (Post 10365150)
it was awful to watch,but as Livia says a lot of it goes on,I have seen videos of girls beating another girl up,i don't know what compels people to bully, but it needs sorting out in the schools and at home,far too many kids are suffereing at the hands of bullies.people are so violent these days.

given now what we now see what happenned to Jamal and his sister...It's quite clear this is a racist attack...

racisim is awful to watch ....watching those who are flippant over racisim is painfull

Denver 29-11-2018 07:10 AM

There is also a video of his sister being attacked

arista 29-11-2018 07:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Adam. (Post 10366035)
There is also a video of his sister being attacked

Yes and the the Syrian lad no longer wants to go
that school.
That Video has gone Worldwide.

https://storify.com/services/proxy/2...11%20Metro.JPG