ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Hang gliding mishap leaves man holding on for dear life (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=352349)

Maru 29-11-2018 07:49 PM

Hang gliding mishap leaves man holding on for dear life

:skull: Amazing he survived...

Source: https://abc13.com/hobbies/midair-mis...-life/4775205/

Quote:

Hang gliding mishap leaves man holding on for dear life

SWITZERLAND --
If you're afraid of heights, look away.

A heart-stopping video is going viral, with people literally holding their breath and holding out hope right along with an American tourist.

Chris Gursky, of Florida, is on his first day of vacation in Switzerland. He goes hang gliding for the very first time, and ends up hanging on for dear life because his pilot forgot to attach his harness.

Video shows the moment they take flight, as he and the pilot both quickly realize there's a major problem.

"During was like time stood still, just looking for a handhold, looking for somewhere to hold onto and wondering what the heck is going on," Gursky said.

As he jokes about the nice views, he's holding on with a death grip, barely able to hold on with just one hand.

The instructor tries to make an early landing, but he winds up piloting with one hand, trying to hold Gursky with the other.

As the pilot wrestles to hold onto Gursky, he can't control the glider, so they both soar higher.

"I didn't have much grip left in me at all," Gursky said. "My hand was opening. I was slipping... I was just trying to stay calm, trying to hold on for dear life. I looked down once and I thought to myself: 'This is it. I'm going to fall to my death - I'm a goner.'"

After the four longest minutes of his life, they made it close to the ground and Gursky was able to let go and land on the ground, cruising at about 45 miles an hour.

The 54-year-old broke a wrist and ended up with seven screws and a titanium plate in it. He also tore a bicep and hurt his left shoulder.

However, Gursky says he's not mad at the pilot. He says it was a mistake, they got down safely, and he added: "If I had the chance to fly with him again, I would."

Niamh. 30-11-2018 08:42 AM

omg I watched this yesterday, terrifying :worry:

LeatherTrumpet 30-11-2018 09:24 AM

yes i saw this also the Indian one where the tandem parachute one line snapped and they fell on a house killing one and as good as the other

Niamh. 30-11-2018 09:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10367243)
yes i saw this also the Indian one where the tandem parachute one line snapped and they fell on a house killing one and as good as the other

oh god, atleast this one had a happy ending :worry:

Maru 30-11-2018 09:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10367243)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10367246)
oh god, atleast this one had a happy ending :worry:

Yeah, I remember reading that one too. This one is off the charts miraculous. I can't see myself hanging onto something like that for several minutes, less alone seconds... no gloves, just the palm of their hand... they should consider taking up professional rock climber as a career. Their dexterity has to be top-notch.

Niamh. 01-12-2018 11:24 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Maru (Post 10368161)
Yeah, I remember reading that one too. This one is off the charts miraculous. I can't see myself hanging onto something like that for several minutes, less alone seconds... no gloves, just the palm of their hand... they should consider taking up professional rock climber as a career. Their dexterity has to be top-notch.

Yeah actually when we were away on holiday in Portugal one year, there was this guy running a competition where you had to hang off a bar and if you made it to 2 or 3 minutes you got a prize, I literally saw no one be able to do it :skull: