ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   RuPaul’s Drag Race (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=740)
-   -   Episode 7 discussion thread-- Queens of Clubs (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353803)

Mokka 26-01-2019 05:32 AM

Episode 7 discussion thread-- Queens of Clubs

Wow. I get to make the discussion thread this week!

https://i.giphy.com/media/C5veHexpnAE80/giphy.webp

Mokka 26-01-2019 05:36 AM

Alright... I have to express how pleased I am at this week.
One of my top two queens winning the week
Both of my least favorite in the bottom two
The one I wanted most went home.
Ru's face when Latrice said Valentina... priceless

Top episode for me... what about you all :fan:

Mokka 26-01-2019 05:45 AM

Also... I have no idea what Trinity was thinking with that lip sync.... the esthetic did not suit the sound at all. I cant help but think she was trying to lose

Shaun 26-01-2019 06:52 AM

With Trinity, idk... I think she was still trying to prove she isn't always serious and uptight, and can do campy and messy drag too, but this really wasn't a necessary time to do it and it just seemed like "well, I was gonna use this for an acting challenge but we're done with those, now, so might as well use it now I've brought it". It was stupid, though, and she rightly lost the lipsync. Definitely the worst lipsync of the season, and that's including Farrah vs. Valentina. Latrice won with a 6/10.

I can see why Manila didn't win because she CAN be too overbearing (she was worse for it in S3) but if ever there were a week to have three winners, this was it. Her gift basket runway was another classic "take something simple and unique and turn it into a gorgeous outfit" moment :love: but LATRICE. KILLED. THIS. RUNWAY. :clap1: So proud of her, and knew she wasn't gonna be a complete letdown.

Eager to hear why she would deserve to go home over Naomi now, that she's won a challenge (technically two, with the Lolaparuza) and only been in the bottom once :think: but I'm sure the shallow fans will try it.

Part of me cackled at Naomi this episode though, hopelessly whispering CLUB 96 every so often, making a weird Isaac Mizrahi joke... she did make me laugh, and I felt bad for her being partnered with Little Miss Delusional, but at least it got her eliminated.

I was convinced it'd be a bottom three with Monique because that runway was HIDEOUS. Considering this was basically AS4's answer to the iconic (best of all time) AS2 Latex one, not many really turned it. Naomi's was plain, Monet's was clunky around the waist, and Trinity's was one of her weakest :shrug: Valentina's was a nice idea badly executed again, and only Latrice and Manila brought 10/10s.

As for the challenge: all 5 did really well. I cackled at the released bees, and Latrila/Trinity had great chemistry. I wouldn't be mad with that as a final 3 :eyes:

Smithy 26-01-2019 09:54 AM

She hasn’t slayed this series but the show is gonna be so boring without Valentina, she’s such a scream, it’s when she doesn’t try to be funny is when she’s hilarious

Trinity “I want to compete against the strongest queens”
Valentina “thanks trinity”
“We’re still wearing out heels”

Fnnfnf

Naoimi should have gone, I doubt either of them would have won but at least we’d have had another good ep next week.

Also puts an end to the “series are fixed for X to win from the start too”

RileyH 26-01-2019 10:07 AM

Valentina :(

RileyH 26-01-2019 10:07 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10419871)
Trinity “I want to come Pete against the strongest queens”
Valentina “thanks trinity”

:joker::joker::joker:

lewis111 26-01-2019 10:27 AM

I definitely found Monet and Monique’s club the most interesting and they done the best in the promo video for it.
I can see why Latrice was in the top for that look but I don’t think Trinity’s look was good enough to justify her being in the top over Monet.

Also quite weird how we saw the queens painting one wall then suddenly 90% of the room was all decorated and completely painted :joker:

lewis111 26-01-2019 10:28 AM

Oh and as for the Lipsync... it was awful! And I’ve wanted that song for so long as well
I still preferd Trinity’s preformance at least she actually done something other than rolling a couple times
And, how is this any different to Shangela wearing a fat suit and everyone thinking it was absolutely hilarious

Smithy 26-01-2019 10:40 AM

Yeah it’s obvious they didn’t decorate the whole set, seems a bit unfair really because they could have used the time to prep what they needed too rather than filming them painting one wall

Braden 26-01-2019 10:47 AM

I really enjoyed that challenge. It was fun and fresh. The Hive team knocked it out the park, so I can't begrudge the fact they won because it was planned well and looked fantastic. I'm glad Latrice and Trinity were the top two because Manila's starting to irritate me (despite the fact I can't fault her effort this challenge). I'm finding her quite smarmy and I'm bored by what seems to be an inevitable win, so I hope I end up surprised. Monet and Monique did well, too. Naomi and Valentina were a mess, but I couldn't help but laugh at how much of a trainwreck it was.

As for the runway looks, Latrice really surprised me with how great she looked. Definitely justified her top position even more. Wasn't sure on Trinity's because I didn't like how the hair didn't match the exact colour of the garment, but the concept was cool. Manila's was nice, but I feel like it was quite basic for her. Monet looked good. God bless Monique, I want to say I liked it but it did look cheap and tacky. Valentina and Naomi looked the best, imo. Naomi brought it with the contrasting colour palette and gorgeous make-up. Brought be back to her amazing season 8 runway looks. Not sure why Valentina's cooch was out, but okay!

All in all, Valentina did deserve to go but I will miss her! She was the star of this season and she exudes campiness, drama and regalness. Really enjoyed her time on the show and happy to say I'm now a fan since I wasn't too sure if I liked her during season 9.

ALSEAUX, Latrice deserved the lip-sync win because I hated Trinity's approach to the lip-sync and she ruined what could've been great with an unnecessary gimmick.

Braden 26-01-2019 11:10 AM

https://nyoobserver.files.wordpress....ality=80&w=635

She's 67!!

Loved seeing Susanne on the panel, too. I had a random emergence of Club Kid obsession this time last year, so was nice to see that she's still fierce and friends with Ru.

Mokka 26-01-2019 11:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden (Post 10419923)
https://resizeimage.net/mypic/vfbIyl...rtsch_1200.jpg

She's 67!!

Loved seeing Susanne on the panel, too. I had a random emergence of Club Kid obsession this time last year so was nice to see that she's still fierce and friend's with Ru.

I know rt? 67?? I kept staring at her whenever she was on screen just trying to see a flaw.

Couldn't find one.

Tom4784 26-01-2019 02:26 PM

Club 96

Tom4784 26-01-2019 02:30 PM

I warmed up to Naomi this episode but I do think it was her time to go although I can't say that Valentina was the wrong decision either.

The lipsync was a damn mess but I liked the challenge, it was a rare case where there wasn't any real big disasters and everyone did a decent job. I do think there should have been a top 3 though and I'm glad Trinity made the point of sharing her prize with Manila, that was a nice decision.

TomC 26-01-2019 04:08 PM

Has there ever been a lipsync to a male-sung lipsync song before?

Also how many epsiodes are left?

Braden 26-01-2019 04:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TomC (Post 10420059)
Has there ever been a lipsync to a male-sung lipsync song before?

Also how many epsiodes are left?

Yeah, but not often at all. I remember Sylvester, Village People and Le Chic (if you count Nile Rogers) off the top of my head.

Think there's three episodes left, including the finale.

Braden 26-01-2019 04:28 PM

Ugh, I'm gonna be forever bitter at Trinity for ruining the only chance to enjoy a lip-sync commemorating our dearly beloved Pete.

Mokka 26-01-2019 04:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden (Post 10420080)
Ugh, I'm gonna be forever bitter at Trinity for ruining the only chance to enjoy a lip-sync commemorating our dearly beloved Pete.

I'm very curious who's name she pulls out of her bosom... because it really felt to me like she didn't want to win/ decide who should go

Shaun 26-01-2019 05:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lewis111 (Post 10419880)
And, how is this any different to Shangela wearing a fat suit and everyone thinking it was absolutely hilarious

Shangela won that lipsync 5 seconds in before the costume was even revealed lol, there's no comparison because Trixie just stood there and waved her arms a bit.

Headie 26-01-2019 06:15 PM

I lowkey highkey think Monet deserved to be in the Top 2 again this week? She gave another uncharacteristically stunning runway look and was probably the best in the main challenge IMO.

I think the producers/everyone expected her to be an early boot so now that she's started doing well she can't be seen as doing too well as they won't be able to justify her elimination (which I suspect will be pretty soon)

Smithy 26-01-2019 06:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10420185)
I lowkey highkey think Monet deserved to be in the Top 2 again this week? She gave another uncharacteristically stunning runway look and was probably the best in the main challenge IMO.

I think the producers/everyone expected her to be an early boot so now that she's started doing well she can't be seen as doing too well as they won't be able to justify her elimination (which I suspect will be pretty soon)

Actual spoiler just FYI
Spoiler:

she spoiler her own elimination on IG live a while back :skull: saying she was surprised when [cant remember] pulled her lipstick

Braden 26-01-2019 06:59 PM

High-level spoiler about next week:

Spoiler:

Yeah, I remember Monet revealing that her lipstick was pulled during the makeover challenge on Instagram live, so next week doesn't look too good for her.

Shame because I'm warming to her more and more each week.

Smithy 26-01-2019 07:03 PM

^ does that include who goes or just challenge spoilers?

Morgan. 26-01-2019 07:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10420226)
^ does that include who goes or just challenge spoilers?

Who goes and what the challenge is