ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Churchill: a white supermacist and mass murderer? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353887)

TomC 29-01-2019 05:59 PM

Churchill: a white supermacist and mass murderer?

So ****ing funny watching Piers Morgan get so triggered here. Susanna Reid really went down in my estimation though. I don’t know a whole lot about Churchill, but Greer seems to know his stuff, and for Morgan to get so offended about a bloody historical figure is laughable. You’d think Greer was slagging of Piers’ late mother! So good to see someone actually get under Piers skin.

Smithy 29-01-2019 06:08 PM

Piers is such a snowflake

Matthew. 29-01-2019 06:18 PM

Liam- 29-01-2019 06:21 PM

God that ginger guy is even more smug than Piers, never though that would be possible, what an odious creature

Greg! 29-01-2019 06:30 PM

Piers and the ginger are both really annoying

Moniqua 29-01-2019 06:31 PM

Piers can die

Ramsay 29-01-2019 06:34 PM

Ginger dude is right

lewis111 29-01-2019 06:35 PM

The only rebuttal Piers had was “but he won the war”
Completely ignoring all of the disgusting things the other guy was mentioning Churchill has done - it’s like “who cares if he killed millions of people of different colours across the world at least he helped the Brits”

TomC 29-01-2019 06:44 PM

Its so ****ing stupid, like Piers and Susanna clearly don’t understand the history can lie

Moniqua 29-01-2019 06:48 PM

literally 90% of my peers @ school are just as much of a snowflake as that SCUMBAG Piers :fist::oh:

anytime ah state a different opinion ah get socked in the jaw WHEW :oh::fist::oh::fist:

LeatherTrumpet 29-01-2019 07:18 PM

A silly wee boy with no stake in society nor appreciation of factscand perspective. An embarrassment to his family.

If only life was as simple as his life view is. He needs to get laid

smudgie 29-01-2019 07:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10423497)
A silly wee boy with no stake in society nor appreciation of factscand perspective. An embarrassment to his family.

Aye.
Would do him the world of good.

Oliver_W 29-01-2019 07:35 PM

Greer is just a dumb kid who doesn't know anything, sounds like he overdosed on Buzzfeed or something. God knows how he got anyone to vote for him.

Firewire 29-01-2019 08:31 PM

I mean Churchill definitely was a White supremacist. So I don't get why this has caused such an outrage.

Firewire 29-01-2019 08:33 PM

BUT, I don't know what he thinks he can gain from this. It plays no part in today's politics so it just feels like wasted breath.

Toy Soldier 29-01-2019 08:55 PM

He was literally and openly a white supremacist throughout his entire career... it's historical fact :joker:. People are very uncomfortable with that I guess.

I dunno. I also find Piers' insistence that "Churchill won the war for Britain!" to be pretty offensive to the memory of the millions of men and women who actually fought and won the war.

Smithy 29-01-2019 08:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10423497)

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10423503)
Aye.
Would do him the world of good.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10423513)
Greer is just a dumb kid who doesn't know anything, sounds like he overdosed on Buzzfeed or something. God knows how he got anyone to vote for him.

Ignore the very valid points raised and just insult him... sounds about right

Oliver_W 29-01-2019 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10423571)
Ignore the very valid points raised and just insult him... sounds about right

You mean the oh-so-valid point about how Churchill evilly starved Bangalis, when he was actually involved in fighting the famine, as Piers pointed out?

Tom4784 29-01-2019 09:13 PM

People like to paint over the cracks when it comes to Churchill, yes he led the country through the war but facts are facts. He WAS a white supremacist. Like many historical figures, he was a complicated individual that was capable of great good and bad. Trying to rewrite history to remove the bits people don't like or agree with is a foolish act.

Twosugars 29-01-2019 09:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dezzy (Post 10423581)
People like to paint over the cracks when it comes to Churchill, yes he led the country through the war but facts are facts. He WAS a white supremacist. Like many historical figures, he was a complicated individual that was capable of great good and bad. Trying to rewrite history to remove the bits people don't like or agree with is a foolish act.

well said

Oliver_W 29-01-2019 09:17 PM

Quote:

Sure. But there's no point in whinging on social media about how nasty historic figures are. It achieves nothing, and when people aren't able to carry conversations well (like Greer) it just makes them look pathetic, and makes the arguments themselves look stupid. Plus, why even say it? It's like calling someone ugly.

smudgie 29-01-2019 09:20 PM

Quote:

I don’t think it’s so much painting over the cracks, it’s just an understanding that the world was so different back then.
No doubt about his believing in white supremacy, unfortunately that wasn’t unusual back then. More the norm really.
The same as the class differences.
Thank heavens we have moved on, not just in this matter either.

Firewire 29-01-2019 09:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10423586)
It's like calling someone ugly.

It isn't.

Calling someone ugly is a matter of opinion in the first instance, but it's just downright nasty.

Calling someone a white supremacist, a white supremacist, is neither of the above.

So you can't possibly compare the two.

Oliver_W 29-01-2019 09:39 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Firewire (Post 10423594)
It isn't.

Calling someone ugly is a matter of opinion in the first instance, but it's just downright nasty.

Calling someone a white supremacist, a white supremacist, is neither of the above.

So you can't possibly compare the two.

I don't mean being ugly and being a white supremacist are comparable, I mean calling someone ugly and referring to a historical figure as a white supremacist are both pointless and achieve nothing.

LeatherTrumpet 29-01-2019 10:15 PM

Judging history by your own myopic age based worldview to get likes

Wow

Tibb on fire