ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Empire star Jussie Smollett hospitalised after a racist & homophobic attack. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=353896)

SherzyK 30-01-2019 09:46 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10423821)
Firstly, your faith in him is sweet, but you don't know him from Adam.

And yes, I do realise it's America. And the police say there is no evidence. And yes, I agree there are probably a minority of rogue cops who are racist. But you can't condemn the whole country because you've read about some racist cops online. Evidence is evidence. And there is none.

Yeah I get you to be honest but then again stuff like this is common in USA so it’s safe to assume

You’re right :love:

bitontheslide 30-01-2019 09:47 AM

The report does say that he has just been released from hospital which does imply he was attacked or suffered harm .... just saying :shrug:

arista 30-01-2019 09:47 AM

Terrible Chicago
attack on that star.

SherzyK 30-01-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10423826)
The report does say that he has just been released from hospital which does imply he was attacked or suffered harm .... just saying :shrug:

But apparently we should just go by police reports and nothing else :shrug:

arista 30-01-2019 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10423826)

That's good news.

Livia 30-01-2019 09:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherzyK (Post 10423823)
You need better evidence. Do you honestly believe that someone would lie about something like this, regardless of fame or whatever. Abuse like this is common and it’s hardly a conspiracy that the cops in USA are not lenient or impartial

As a lawyer engaged to an American, and who has spent a lot of time over the years living and working in America... your view is skewed. I'm guessing you've never been to the USA and all your knowledge comes from TV and the Internet. You say "abuse like this is common" but you don't know and can't site any instances. There are well over 300 million people in the USA and here you are, speaking about ALL the cops not being lenient nor impartial. How about the black cops?

Anyhoo... there is no evidence for this, and you have no evidence for your other claims either.

armand.kay 30-01-2019 10:02 AM

I just can't imagine a star with as much to loose as Jussie Smollett would do this to himself for press??

SherzyK 30-01-2019 10:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10423830)
As a lawyer engaged to an American, and who has spent a lot of time over the years living and working in America... your view is skewed. I'm guessing you've never been to the USA and all your knowledge comes from TV and the Internet. You say "abuse like this is common" but you don't know and can't site any instances. There are well over 300 million people in the USA and here you are, speaking about ALL the cops not being lenient nor impartial. How about the black cops?

Anyhoo... there is no evidence for this, and you have no evidence for your other claims either.

I mean I’ve been to Canada a lot, I know it’s not the same thing but I know that white cops normally use authority to their own discretion. And don’t worry, I’m an aspiring lawyer :love:

SherzyK 30-01-2019 10:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10423834)
I just can't imagine a star with as much to loose as Jussie Smollett would do this to himself for press??

LeatherTrumpet 30-01-2019 10:06 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by armand.kay (Post 10423834)

I dont think anyone is saying he was not attacked but plenty of folks have tried to cover up why they were attacked so that is why it will be investigated so that justice will be served

Livia 30-01-2019 10:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherzyK (Post 10423835)
I mean I’ve been to Canada a lot, I know it’s not the same thing but I know that white cops normally use authority to their own discretion. And don’t worry, I’m an aspiring lawyer :love:

Then, with respect Sherzyk, you need to understand what evidence is.

Also, a sweeping statement like "white cops normally use authority to their own discretion" is not helpful and sullies every decent white cop out there, lumping them in with the racists.

Alf 30-01-2019 10:16 AM

Apparently it happened a 2am in the morning. So it's hard to imagine it would be a planned attack, because how often does he roam the streets at that time? Surely he'd normally be home at that time.

Police reports apparently say that they wore masks and gloves. So where's the evidence they were white?

This could be totally true, but the story is looking a bit fishy at the moment, time will tell I suppose.

Cherie 30-01-2019 11:29 AM

The attack sounds terrifying

Black Dagger 30-01-2019 11:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10423790)
The thread title should have "USA" at front as this is a USA person on USA tv and will not be familiar to forum members

Love how that's your first thought.

LeatherTrumpet 30-01-2019 11:33 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Black Dagger (Post 10423870)
Love how that's your first thought.

I always have the interests of fellow members first and forefront, and the proper procedure of law and fair reporting.

montblanc 30-01-2019 11:35 AM

a damn mess at some of these replies :skull:

SherzyK 30-01-2019 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by montblanc (Post 10423873)
a damn mess at some of these replies :skull:

https://media1.tenor.com/images/ac74...itemid=5486322

SherzyK 30-01-2019 11:38 AM

Some are just here to light a fuse but that’s perfectly okay. What a life they live

montblanc 30-01-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SherzyK (Post 10423875)
Some are just here to light a fuse

perfect description :skull:

Nicky91 30-01-2019 11:41 AM

Quote:

Some are just here to light a fuse but that’s perfectly okay. What a life they live

yes, also ignoring what we should debate about, that racist/homophobic attacks like these are disgusting and we need to do something about this

LeatherTrumpet 30-01-2019 11:44 AM

Quote:

yes especially the ones who want to brand the whole USA police force as racist criminals..

:rolleyes:

LeatherTrumpet 30-01-2019 11:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Nicky91 (Post 10423878)
yes, also ignoring what we should debate about, that racist/homophobic attacks like these are disgusting and we need to do something about this

dont tell this forum what to debate and what not to debate

Denver 30-01-2019 11:45 AM

The USA police force are racist but then what do you expect when the country is run by a racist

Nicky91 30-01-2019 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10423882)
dont tell this forum what to debate and what not to debate

:oh: :idc:

SherzyK 30-01-2019 11:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LeatherTrumpet (Post 10423880)
yes especially the ones who want to brand the whole USA police force as racist criminals..

:rolleyes:

Are you part of the USA police force? I don’t see how it would affect you in anyway. You know with you sometimes, it’s like you want a rise out of people but then you retreat knowing you have sh*t all to back your case. I might not have anything to back my case about the racism within the US police force because it’s pretty prominent to my understanding. Please go bother someone else