ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Announcements / Suggestions / Help (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=10)
-   -   Lesser Subforums, Really?????? (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355065)

Nicky91 15-03-2019 09:07 AM

Lesser Subforums, Really??????

i'm never against mods/admin decisions

these new forum changes i don't like it at all

the BB19, CBB22 subforums ok good changes there but put RuPaul Drag Race subforum more in front then as replacement

and i want the voice and strictly subforum back to how they first were (especially since the voice usa season 16 is now ongoing) and we have our strictly game currently active

i've seen on different forums, they also have subforums like Food, Drinks (which would also be appealing to those people who are really into shows like masterchef Australia, usa, uk)

newer subforums brings a new crowd to the forum (from whatever subject it is)

lesser subforums makes it look less appealing for newer members

with love, Nicky

Morgan. 15-03-2019 09:22 AM

Yeah I mean to be fair Nicky no one here really watches the voice these days, and the ones that do don't discuss it.

The only shoes that really are discussed now are like RPDR, SCD, TXF, BBCAN, LI and IAC. I don't really see much for the others.

Nicky91 15-03-2019 09:26 AM

it's more bc of my autism maybe, i can't take drastic big changes that well

maybe it's a bit more modern like this, but i do hope we get some newer subforums too

new can make a forum more appealing and inviting to newer members

Smithy 15-03-2019 09:27 AM

Reality TV should be it’s own forum with the shows as separate sub forums. But IA that nobody cares about strictly and the voice anyway

Nicky91 15-03-2019 09:31 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10478629)
Reality TV should be it’s own forum with the shows as separate sub forums. But IA that nobody cares about strictly and the voice anyway

ok, but now i see you can also click on the seperate sub forums anyways

i think few more sports separate subforums might be addition (NBA, NFL, Tennis, NHL)

i mean those sports which are really popular

Josy 15-03-2019 11:17 AM

I was trying to remove some subforums from the index to make it look tidier, the subforums haven't gone they are still there

Nicky91 15-03-2019 11:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 10478691)
I was trying to remove some subforums from the index to make it look tidier, the subforums haven't gone they are still there

oh ok

arista 15-03-2019 11:50 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 10478691)

Well done

Denver 15-03-2019 11:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10478629)

Strictly is fairly popular on here actually

MTVN 15-03-2019 12:29 PM

*Fewer

Cherie 15-03-2019 12:34 PM

I think it looks nice and orderly, we like a tidy house :dance:

Withano 15-03-2019 12:39 PM

I agree with Nicky though. If you came on the site for the first time, you would have no idea that other popular shows are discussed here. You’d just come on and be like ‘ok but i dont want to talk about ‘general chat’ with a load of stranger and im unlikely to talk about big brother ever again.’

It’d be better off listing the popular reality shows on the front page.

Nicky91 15-03-2019 01:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 10478731)
I agree with Nicky though. If you came on the site for the first time, you would have no idea that other popular shows are discussed here. You’d just come on and be like ‘ok but i dont want to talk about ‘general chat’ with a load of stranger and im unlikely to talk about big brother ever again.’

:o finally someone who agrees with me

Ashley. 15-03-2019 01:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 10478731)

They are listed on the front page, though, in a smaller font but still pretty easy to find/read. I think it looks much better.

Tom4784 15-03-2019 01:11 PM

I thought something was different.

Nicky91 15-03-2019 01:14 PM

i think i understand the point of the change now, from other reality tv to Reality Tv

you got all separate subforums in one place for those shows, and scrolling below you can easily notice whatever show doesn't have its subforum

Smithy 15-03-2019 01:15 PM

Move BB down to below Non BB chat tho, it’s too big and no tea no shade but not exactly active atm, Reality TV should be at the top

Withano 15-03-2019 01:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Ashley. (Post 10478737)
They are listed on the front page, though, in a smaller font but still pretty easy to find/read. I think it looks much better.

Yeah probably looks better. Not gonna draw in new members who cba to read the small print though. Suppose the best thing depends on whether we want looks or activity.

reece(: 15-03-2019 01:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Smithy (Post 10478742)
Move BB down to below Non BB chat tho, it’s too big and no tea no shade but not exactly active atm, Reality TV should be at the top

This is a BB forum though

Nicky91 15-03-2019 01:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10478745)

yes :)

Smithy 15-03-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10478745)

But it’s been cancelled, so put more active sub forums above her until she/if she comes back

Josy 15-03-2019 02:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 10478743)
Yeah probably looks better. Not gonna draw in new members who cba to read the small print though. Suppose the best thing depends on whether we want looks or activity.

Any new members that find the site by googling will more than likely either be searching for bb or reality t.v. shows and the search will take them to the forum for it though

Withano 15-03-2019 02:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 10478784)
Any new members that find the site by googling will more than likely either be searching for bb or reality t.v. shows and the search will take them to the forum for it though

And they’d come to the site and see that their favourite tv shows are pushed aside and tucked away, before moving on to another site. Yeh.

Josy 15-03-2019 02:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Withano (Post 10478785)
And they’d come to the site and see that their favourite tv shows are pushed aside and tucked away, before moving on to another site. Yeh.

I disagree sorry, it doesn't take a lot to click into reality tv and find the show listed most other forums don't list entire content on the index, they are categorised and then have a dedicated sub forum

Withano 15-03-2019 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Josy (Post 10478786)
I disagree sorry, it doesn't take a lot to click into reality tv and find the show listed most other forums don't list entire content on the index, they are categorised and then have a dedicated sub forum

Most other forums aren’t dedicated to a show that no longer exists though, so thats not the greatest defence