ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Totally unacceptable': MoD criticises troops after Corbyn picture target shoot (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=355464)

arista 03-04-2019 09:19 AM

Totally unacceptable': MoD criticises troops after Corbyn picture target shoot

https://e3.365dm.com/19/04/768x432/s...20190403093731

https://news.sky.com/story/totally-u...ctice-11682894

[An investigation has been launched after soldiers were filmed using
a picture of Jeremy Corbyn in target practice.
The Ministry of Defence said the incident was "totally unacceptable" and "falls
well below the high standards the army expects".
It is understood the soldiers were using simulated paint rounds and not real bullets.]

Smithy 03-04-2019 09:40 AM

Gross

parmnion 03-04-2019 09:43 AM

How much money are they going to waste on this.:shrug:

Northern Monkey 03-04-2019 09:46 AM

:joker:

It was only paint.

Atleast we know the military’s thoughts on Corbyn now.

arista 03-04-2019 09:53 AM

It went on Snap Chat first
Then spread to all Media

Paint Guns were used

bitontheslide 03-04-2019 09:56 AM

This is breaking rule number one that the armed forces should not be political. These folks need to be booted out. Simple

arista 03-04-2019 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Northern Monkey (Post 10494095)
:joker:

It was only paint.

Atleast we know the military’s thoughts on Corbyn now.

No
it was just 4 in that video
and the Guilty one who filmed it.

So 5 Guilty of this.
The MOD are tracking them
Faces shown on SkyNewsHD and all media.

BBC NewsHD covered their faces.

Livia 03-04-2019 10:08 AM

They are clearly from the Parachute Regiment. One of their number who served in the 70s has just been informed he's being prosecuted for the Bloody Sunday attack. Meanwhile, no IRA member will be prosecuted for any of the atrocities they carried out, and not just against soldiers, against civilians... woman... children. Far from prosecution, many have been pardoned.

Jeremy Corbyn spent much of the Troubles campaigning for the IRA while they blew the arms and legs off civilians both in NI and on the mainland. Shadow chancellor John McDonnell has a plaque on the wall of his office to this day, commemorating the IRA hunger strikers.

And people are calling for these soldiers to be thrown out of the army for firing paint at a picture.

MTVN 03-04-2019 11:57 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10494102)
This is breaking rule number one that the armed forces should not be political. These folks need to be booted out. Simple

Yeah especially in the current climate where MPs fear for their safety and someone was convicted yesterday of plotting to murder a Labour MP

I don't know whether they should be booted out but something needs to happen

Livia 03-04-2019 12:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by MTVN (Post 10494143)
Yeah especially in the current climate where MPs fear for their safety and someone was convicted yesterday of plotting to murder a Labour MP

I don't know whether they should be booted out but something needs to happen

Jut wait till Corbyn gets in. Our ridiculously small army will be reduced to nothing.

smudgie 03-04-2019 12:55 PM

Corbyn has shown disdain for our troops in the past, can’t blame them for showing what they think of him.
The big problem here was thinking it’s ok to go viral with it.:shrug:

Cherie 03-04-2019 12:56 PM

Well its not in best taste, but then neither is flying a balloon of Trump, or burning an effigy of Boris all which have happened and drew little criticism from the left. The obviously knew this would create a storm otherwise they wouldn't have shared it

chuff me dizzy 03-04-2019 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10494108)
They are clearly from the Parachute Regiment. One of their number who served in the 70s has just been informed he's being prosecuted for the Bloody Sunday attack. Meanwhile, no IRA member will be prosecuted for any of the atrocities they carried out, and not just against soldiers, against civilians... woman... children. Far from prosecution, many have been pardoned.

Jeremy Corbyn spent much of the Troubles campaigning for the IRA while they blew the arms and legs off civilians both in NI and on the mainland. Shadow chancellor John McDonnell has a plaque on the wall of his office to this day, commemorating the IRA hunger strikers.

And people are calling for these soldiers to be thrown out of the army for firing paint at a picture.

Hes a vile terrorist defending arsehole ...Next time they ought to replace the paint with something stronger

chuff me dizzy 03-04-2019 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10494190)
Well its not in best taste, but then neither is flying a balloon of Trump, or burning an effigy of Boris all which have happened and drew little criticism from the left. The obviously knew this would create a storm otherwise they wouldn't have shared it

:clap1:

bitontheslide 03-04-2019 01:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10494190)

but that wasn't the armed forces doing those things. I can't stand Corbyn, but our troops defend the country, they must not take a political side. Behaviour like that is what enables Corbyn supporters.

Cherie 03-04-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10494204)
but that wasn't the armed forces doing those things. I can't stand Corbyn, but our troops defend the country, they must not take a political side. Behaviour like that is what enables Corbyn supporters.

Fair enough, its just 4 of them though, and they look very young, so may not be aware of the implications

AnnieK 03-04-2019 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10494204)

The military serve the Government of the day. The problem here is the person who shared it. These lads have just done a tour of Afghan, god knows what they have seen and experienced, one of their own is facing charges over a 30 year old crime which Corbyn advocated whilst the Terrorists themselves have been pardoned and promised never to face trial. Its in bad taste but I don't think its a political statement, more personal than that.

Its one of those where if they were firing at pictures of Teresa May, many people would be back slapping them but are horrified now because its Corbyn.

Juvenile and in bad taste and I am sure the MoD will investigate and deal with them appropriately.

Cherie 03-04-2019 01:14 PM

Look at the round applause egg boy got, we need to put this in perspective

Tom4784 03-04-2019 01:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10494221)

Egg boy wasn't in the military, you need to stop comparing civilian actions to that of the military.

In a post Jo Cox world where ALL politicians regardless of their standing are known to be faced with threats, displays like this from a supposed neutral source is unacceptable. I'd be just as outraged about this if it was May or even Rees-Moggs who I legitimately despise.

It's just not on.

bitontheslide 03-04-2019 01:30 PM

A new leader could look at that behaviour and think, i'm not going to support armed services that behave like that against my ilk, lets slash the spending, dismantle the forces, and create one that supports ME .... this is how these things start. Democracy is a very fragile thing.

Livia 03-04-2019 05:49 PM

Seriously, if some of the stuff soldiers do for laughs ever get on the web people will sh1t and pi55 themselves.

They're in Afghanistan, they fired paint pellets at a picture of Corbyn. No one died.

Livia 03-04-2019 05:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10494219)
The military serve the Government of the day. The problem here is the person who shared it. These lads have just done a tour of Afghan, god knows what they have seen and experienced, one of their own is facing charges over a 30 year old crime which Corbyn advocated whilst the Terrorists themselves have been pardoned and promised never to face trial. Its in bad taste but I don't think its a political statement, more personal than that.

Its one of those where if they were firing at pictures of Teresa May, many people would be back slapping them but are horrified now because its Corbyn.

Juvenile and in bad taste and I am sure the MoD will investigate and deal with them appropriately.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10494221)

Common sense has no place here, ladies.

Tom4784 03-04-2019 08:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10494675)
Seriously, if some of the stuff soldiers do for laughs ever get on the web people will sh1t and pi55 themselves.

They're in Afghanistan, they fired paint pellets at a picture of Corbyn. No one died.

Let's play a game, let's say that, instead of Corbyn, it was a picture of Rees-Moggs they shot at. I do not believe for a second you would be so accepting of it.

Just because they are shooting at a picture of someone you hate, doesn't make what they are doing okay.

joeysteele 03-04-2019 10:00 PM

my Brothers who served in the RAF.
Stated today while it was stupid firstly to film it.

In their view they have brought disgrace to the uniform, Queen and Country.

I haven't served in the forces, and am sure Soldiers need light relief and pranks.
However on this, I'll stand with my Brothers.
No matter what politician's image they were firing at.

It's what thinking was behind it that is most worrying.
These are not then or should be Soldiers in my opinion.

smudgie 04-04-2019 08:35 AM

So, they have worked out who it was, where it was etc, but nobody seems to realise that all the soldiers were firing straight ahead, yet only one picture of Corbyn, therefore only one soldier was using his picture for target practice.
Or would that not make such big news.:shrug: