ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   TV Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=16)
-   -   Jeremy Kyle show suspended after death of guest (AXED) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=356603)

Cal. 13-05-2019 09:21 AM

Jeremy Kyle show suspended after death of guest (AXED)

Quote:

The Jeremy Kyle Show has been pulled from TV screens and suspended indefinitely after the death of a guest who appeared in an episode.

ITV bosses said they would not screen the episode which featured the individual. The person died a week after the recording.

ITV bosses said "their thoughts are with their family and friends."

An ITV spokeswoman said: "Everyone at ITV and The Jeremy Kyle Show is shocked and saddened at the news of the death of a participant in the show a week after the recording of the episode they featured in and our thoughts are with their family and friends.

“ITV will not screen the episode in which they featured."

Viewers first noticed the show was axed this morning when they tuned in to watch.

One person wrote online: "Anyone got it? Any explanation?"

Another wrote: "Where the hell is Jeremy Kyle this morning?"

This morning's programme, that was due to be aired at 930am today, was replaced at short notice with an episode of Dickinson's Real Deal.

https://www.standard.co.uk/news/uk/j...-a4140591.html

Shook!

Niamh. 13-05-2019 09:26 AM

Was it something to do with the show or what?

Ammi 13-05-2019 10:14 AM

Jeremy Kyle Show suspended after guest dies shortly after filming...

The Jeremy Kyle Show has been pulled from TV schedules today because a guest died shortly after filming.

ITV viewers were surprised to see the popular chat show replaced by a rerun of Dickinson’s Real Deal on Monday morning, but it emerged that bosses had decided not to air the episode out of respect for the guest.

The show is said to have ceased filming until a review of the episode can be carried out, so the programme will be off air indefinitely.

A spokesperson for ITV said: “Everyone at ITV and The Jeremy Kyle Show is shocked and saddened at the news of the death of a participant in the show a week after the recording of the episode they featured in and our thoughts are with their family and friends.

“ITV will not screen the episode in which they featured.

“Given the seriousness of this event, ITV has also decided to suspend both filming and broadcasting of The Jeremy Kyle Show with immediate effect in order to give it time to conduct a review of this episode of the show.”

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/jeremy-kyl...091912255.html

Ammi 13-05-2019 10:17 AM

....snap Cal...we’re twins..:love:..

Ammi 13-05-2019 10:17 AM

...you’re the slightly speedier twin...you were the first born..

Ammi 13-05-2019 10:18 AM

...you old hag...I’m the slower..(...but youthful..)..one...

Cherie 13-05-2019 10:24 AM

Last week when I said people would look back in the future in horror at some shows that attracted huge audiences, this will be one of them

Niamh. 13-05-2019 10:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10546157)
Last week when I said people would look back in the future in horror at some shows that attracted huge audiences, this will be one of them

It's awful really, it's "lets laugh and take the piss out of these uneducated commoners" Jeremy Kyle is vile as well

Braden 13-05-2019 10:31 AM

I've always said that Jeremy Kyle is exploitative garbage. This and Judge Rinder should be taken off air.

bitontheslide 13-05-2019 10:33 AM

it must be about duty of care. They need to stop creating villains for sensationalist amusement

Livia 13-05-2019 10:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10546157)

I agree. The Jeremy Kyle Show is the up-to-date version of Victorian freak shows and tours of mental asylums.

Niamh. 13-05-2019 10:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10546169)
I agree. The Jeremy Kyle Show is the up-to-date version of Victorian freak shows and tours of mental asylums.

And it seems like alot of his guests probably do have mental health issues, it's really unethical and uncomfortable to watch

Toy Soldier 13-05-2019 10:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10546171)
And it seems like alot of his guests probably do have mental health issues, it's really unethical and uncomfortable to watch

I don't think I've ever seen an episode where the "guests" weren't addicts / learning disabled / mentally ill. Awful stuff.

Kazanne 13-05-2019 10:43 AM

I don't mind Jeremy Kyle, he does help a lot of the drug users and has some really nice shows on where they treat kids with special needs, some of the guests though are well dodgy,it was always going to happen.

Strictly Jake 13-05-2019 10:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden (Post 10546163)
I've always said that Jeremy Kyle is exploitative garbage. This and Judge Rinder should be taken off air.

And all the benefit programs and things like can't pay we'll take it away. These programs are cruel to be shown as entertainment

arista 13-05-2019 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10546114)
Was it something to do with the show or what?

Yes a Death of a person under his care.
So its normal to stop the show
a first for him.

arista 13-05-2019 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Braden (Post 10546163)

But he has Helped some, at least

Cherie 13-05-2019 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Niamh. (Post 10546161)
It's awful really, it's "lets laugh and take the piss out of these uneducated commoners" Jeremy Kyle is vile as well

He is always so sanctimonious as well...look at me I would never treat my mother, brother, child like you do, I would do...blah blah blah...**** off

Quote:

Originally Posted by Livia (Post 10546169)

That is exactly what it is

arista 13-05-2019 11:08 AM

ITV will not air the Episode
so only they will know
I guess it will be on a Front Page tomorrow.

Liam- 13-05-2019 11:08 AM

While the show has done some good for people, getting them sober and clean, I can’t stand the show, it’s like a parade to make everyone watching feel better about themselves.

Don’t even get me started on Jeremy himself, a smug, arrogant, self obsessed, obnoxious hypocrite, awful man that doesn’t deserve exposure.

Niamh. 13-05-2019 11:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10546194)
He is always so sanctimonious as well...look at me I would never treat my mother, brother, child like you do, I would do...blah blah blah...**** off

That is exactly what it is

I wouldn't mind but his own love life history isn't exactly squeaky clean either

arista 13-05-2019 11:10 AM

"This morning's programme, that was due to be aired at 930am today, was replaced at short notice with an episode of Dickinson's Real Deal"

How nice for the biddies

Liam- 13-05-2019 11:11 AM

He’s a former gambling addict, that nearly lost his family everything they owned, treating other addicts like scum of the earth, it’s the height of hypocrisy.

Cherie 13-05-2019 11:15 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10546200)
"This morning's programme, that was due to be aired at 930am today, was replaced at short notice with an episode of Dickinson's Real Deal"

How nice for the biddies

apparently the biddies were tweeting their disgust and tweeting about the absence of JK :laugh:

Nick. 13-05-2019 11:17 AM

No one panic, Danniella Westbrook & Christopher Maloney have 'confirmed' that the show will back on. I'm sure we all can't wait to watch.

https://www.mirror.co.uk/tv/tv-news/...rm-15638412?f1

The pair were due to appear on a celebrity special on Tuesday, which has been pulled off air after the death of a guest.

Monday morning's episode was cancelled and will not be screened as a participant died a week after recording.

ITV have decided to suspend both filming and broadcasting of The Jeremy Kyle Show with immediate effect while they conduct a review.

Former X Factor singer Chris says he has spoken to producers, who have revealed the suspension is only "temporary".

The Jeremy Kyle Show celebrity special, with Daniella Westbrook, has been pulled off air (Image: ITV)

Danniella and Chris expect their episode to air at a later date (Image: ITV)
READ MORE
Jeremy Kyle Show taken off air and suspended as guest dies shortly after recording

Speaking to Mirror Online, Chris said: "It's [a] temporary [suspension]. It will be aired at a later date. I haven't been told the new TX date.

"It's really sad news. I'm not sure of the actual details surrounding it, but my thoughts are with the family at this time."

Giving a further update on Twitter , he said: "Hi guys, just spoken to the producers # ITVJeremyKyle and our celebrity special will be aired at a later date @ westbrookdanni will keep you updated. In the mean time my thoughts are with the family at this time.