ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Robert Mueller explained why he couldn’t charge Trump with a crime. (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357099)

GiRTh 29-05-2019 03:25 PM

Robert Mueller explained why he couldn’t charge Trump with a crime.

Breaking News - Mueller breaks his silence.

GiRTh 29-05-2019 03:29 PM

The full report needs to come out and not just the redacted version. What Donnie hiding?

Twosugars 29-05-2019 03:31 PM

Lock the orange turd up!

arista 29-05-2019 04:39 PM

Nice he ( Mueller)
is going to retire.

GiRTh 29-05-2019 05:30 PM

Strange for Mueller to emphasise that Donnie was 'not' not guilty. It seems Muellers office never had the power to charge Trump in the first place

bitontheslide 29-05-2019 06:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10566806)
Strange for Mueller to emphasise that Donnie was 'not' not guilty. It seems Muellers office never had the power to charge Trump in the first place

the president can't be charged for a federal crime while in office. He was basically inviting congress to impeach

GiRTh 29-05-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10566848)
the president can't be charged for a federal crime while in office. He was basically inviting congress to impeach

Yes, I know. Meanwhile the Dems are playing tactics with Pelosi insisting Impeachment would play into Donnies hands. Dont quite see her logic TBH. They should impeach simply because they have the power to do so. I can see Donnie winning again in 2020 with the packed Dems field and the total lack of any strong voices

arista 29-05-2019 06:09 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10566853)
Yes, I know. Meanwhile the Dems are playing tactics with Pelosi insisting Impeachment would play into Donnies hands. Dont quite see her logic TBH. They should impeach simply because they have the power to do so. I can see Donnie winning again in 2020 with the packed Dems field and the total lack of any strong voices

Yes the massive 22 or 23 Democrats
need to pick one and try an Win the Election
Talk about what they want is what the folks WANT

She is a wise old Lady/

GiRTh 29-05-2019 06:15 PM

The full announcement.

GiRTh 29-05-2019 06:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10566856)
Yes the massive 22 or 23 Democrats
need to pick one and try an Win the Election
Talk about what they want is what the folks WANT

She is a wise old Lady/

When you praise Pelosi Arista is confirms she's got it wrong.

Impeachment proceeding would take about three months so it wouldn't necessarily interfere with the primaries never mind the general election. She's getting too tactical IMO and I have to question why. She's going to face a leadership fight after 2020 anyway so why is she so worried about Trumps feelings now?

arista 29-05-2019 06:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by GiRTh (Post 10566874)
When you praise Pelosi Arista is confirms she's got it wrong.

Impeachment proceeding would take about three months so it wouldn't necessarily interfere with the primaries never mind the general election. She's getting too tactical IMO and I have to question why. She's going to face a leadership fight after 2020 anyway so why is she so worried about Trumps feelings now?

She is Looking at the Bigger Picture.

GiRTh 29-05-2019 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by arista (Post 10566951)
She is Looking at the Bigger Picture.

YEah the loss of her job. She's a corporate Democrat and cant acknowledge the progressive element of the party. She's gonna get a leadership fight and will almost certainly lose.

GiRTh 30-05-2019 09:40 PM

Trump finally admits Russia helped get him elected

Tom4784 30-05-2019 09:43 PM

Thank god he's a moron and he slips up like this so often.

Donovan. 31-05-2019 06:19 AM

There’s very little chance that impeachment proceedings would get the two thirds it needs in the senate to find Trump guilty. The republicans control the senate, so I understand why she wouldn’t feel confident going for it. Plus there’s the added history of Clinton becoming more popular after the impeachment attempt against him failed. If Trump were to have to deal with impeachment proceedings, I don’t think that it would mirror what happened with Clinton. But, who knows, if the attempt fails and Trump takes a year long victory lap closer to the election, it could rile up his base again.

I’m not really sure where I stand. I don’t think they should hold back from impeachment just because it might not work. It’s their job to act as a check and balance on the presidency, so they should move forward if they feel there is reason. But, I also don’t want him having anymore ‘silent coup’ talking points to run his campaign on.

bitontheslide 31-05-2019 06:27 AM

If people thought Trump broke the law and behaved badly at the last election, it will be a lot worse next time round. It wont be a fair election.

Even if if the GOP vote against his impeachment at the end of the day, they will still be on record condoning a crook. It's important that the presidents crimes are highlighted in a court setting, and the American people can make up their own minds about him