ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Love Island (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=733)
-   -   Samira wants people to stop comparing her with Yewande (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357279)

Headie 01-06-2019 09:33 PM

Samira wants people to stop comparing her with Yewande

LukeB 01-06-2019 09:40 PM

I've seen this loads of times on social media this past week, the fiat500 have already started being annoying and the show hasn't even started.

reece(: 01-06-2019 09:48 PM

Pauline compared with Natalie teas?

montblanc 01-06-2019 09:51 PM

must be so annoying for her

Tony Montana 01-06-2019 09:52 PM

Disgusting!

sleleen 01-06-2019 09:52 PM

These love island bants and reactions accounts with the same old ‘can I copy your homework’ thing to get likes and retweets is disgusting. Good for ha to silence them

Tony Montana 01-06-2019 09:53 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10572268)

And Sue compared with them two teas?

Jason. 01-06-2019 09:59 PM

I've seen so many tweets like this and surprisingly most of them were from other black people.

Stuff like "I'm ready to cancel Yewonda if her type is blonde and blue eyes" and how Samira didn't do the black community justice, it's beyond petty and stupid.

Headie 01-06-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reece(: (Post 10572268)

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10572277)
And Sue compared with them two teas?

Ddd when I made a poll asking who everyone's favourite of the three was and everyone was replying "I was thinking of making this thread but didn't wanna look racist!" :laugh:

Headie 01-06-2019 10:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jason. (Post 10572287)
I've seen so many tweets like this and surprisingly most of them were from other black people.

Stuff like "I'm ready to cancel Yewonda if her type is blonde and blue eyes" and how Samira didn't do the black community justice, it's beyond petty and stupid.

We need to do better!

Jason. 01-06-2019 10:13 PM

Then you get the white middle-Englanders cropping the cast photo so it's just Yewande and captioning it "Nice to see Samira is back to find love xxx"

Sis can't catch a break!

Tony Montana 01-06-2019 10:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hayden (Post 10572298)
Ddd when I made a poll asking who everyone's favourite of the three was and everyone was replying "I was thinking of making this thread but didn't wanna look racist!" :laugh:

:skull:

Tony Montana 01-06-2019 10:19 PM

Yewande fears racist trolls after Samira's treatment last year.

Quote:

New Love Islander Yewande Biala almost didn’t go into the villa because she was worried she would become the target of racists – just like Samira Mighty was last year. The 23-year-old Dubliner is about to head into the villa for the summer on Monday, but a school pal has admitted that Yewande feared the backlash of hatred she would receive online in the wake of her appearance. ‘She had a lot of reservations, what would people think and obviously the racism which is what we are seeing now,’ Eileen Tope told The Mirror. ‘It’s ridiculous. It’s 2019 and people are saying really terrible things.’

Seeing how Samira got treated made her uneasy, she added. ‘But she thought it could be different. ‘She’s black and proud and she’s not going to let anyone stop her.’
https://metro.co.uk/2019/06/01/love-...ighty-9771203/

Dogeatdog 01-06-2019 10:36 PM

Tbh the only worry I find with Yewande is that I hope she doesn’t get the same treatment Samira did in the sense that they won’t attempt to find anyone compatible with her.

Last year I felt Samira was kinda like a filler contestant. It was a shame, I personally thought she was a nice person but was let down by the fact that there was no effort to put someone in there she was compatible with (this could be argued with other contestants not just her).

Yewande is probably one of the people who is a good role model for these kind of shows, a young, pretty female who is intelligent and is not like your average person who has appeared on this show previously. I hope that she goes really far in this show.

For people who have compared her to Samira based on her race is ridiculous and personally I think is quite narrow minded.

Barry. 01-06-2019 11:06 PM

That sucks. They are nothing a like.