ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB6 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Opinions on Anthony (BB6) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357828)

Dogeatdog 15-06-2019 05:28 PM

Opinions on Anthony (BB6)

So this one got me thinking when Kate made the ‘is Pete the worst winner’ thread. What is people’s opinions on Anthony as a BB winner and as a housemate in general. I for the most part liked him, although there are some things that confused me about him.
http://www.brantsteele.com/images/bi...06/anthony.png

IMO to begin with Anthony wasn’t a stand out character. He was just sort of in the background the first two weeks and wasn’t really someone I was rooting for.

When we get to week 3 we do start to see a bit more to him, doing the pranks, flirting with Makosi and his alliance with Maxwell & Saskia (and then eventually Craig). By the time we get to week 7 he pretty much only has Craig (and to some extent Makosi) left which is when he really started to stand out a bit.

Anthony always seemed quite reasonable and didn’t really go out of his way to cause conflict but I would definitely say he was pushed to his limits in that house. His and Craig’s arguments were hilarious for the most part and I was always on Anthony’s side; for me it didn’t appear he was actually doing anything wrong.

But, was he a deserving winner? I’m not so sure I mean he put up with a lot in that house but I definitely think Derek, Science even Kemal should’ve won instead. They brought a lot more to the series and were important throughout the whole time they were in there, where as Anthony came into his stride much later.

When it came down to Anthony vs Eugene, Anthony would definitely enjoy the title as BB winner more and out of the housemates left it was no surprise he won but then again he did begin to irritate me when he kept mentioning that Eugene should've bumped the money up to £200k. Did he not understand that Eugene was unaware of it?

What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

RileyH 15-06-2019 05:58 PM

I really liked him actually http://www.brantsteele.com/images/bi...06/anthony.png

Matthew. 15-06-2019 06:01 PM

I’m not a fan but I don’t dislike him either

Kate! 15-06-2019 06:04 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew. (Post 10593881)
I’m not a fan but I don’t dislike him either

Pretty much this.

Daniel. 15-06-2019 06:19 PM

Awful winner and housemate, the least deserving of everyone who made it over half-way, a terrible way to end the best series, he was bland, inarticulate, aggressive and charmless.

Epic. 15-06-2019 06:25 PM

I don't like him. He tried way too hard to be funny, he had a recurring habit of objectifying women, particularly Makosi and Orlaith (he also said a pathetic insult to Science of something the lines of "Ya snapped cause I didn't get you a cup! Like a ****ing... woman!"), he thought Maxwell and Saskia were good people and was still guilty like them of hounding others and being greedy in the first few weeks, he called Derek malteaser head during an argument, and there was the weird **** with Eugene that the OP mentioned, which is also an example of his unbelievably stupidity. And I know many like to bring up how he won based on his amazing storylines with Makosi and Craig, but c'mon that was all them. I didn't even sympathise with him in either case because a) he already admitted to planning to use Makosi for camera time and fame so she was only turning the tables on him which he deserved for using her and b) there were so many times he joined Maxwell in haranguing and ganging up on Craig before Craig started doing the same to him so I had no sympathy there either. And while there were many moments I hated him, the way he found Craig looking like Myra Hindley funny to the point he was laughing out loud was pretty disturbing.

Overall not as annoying for me as Maxwell or Eugene, bit still a poor housemate and winner, and while I appreciate his win as a closing point for the effect Makosi AND Craig can have on someone, the person who achieved it has very little for me to care about

joeysteele 15-06-2019 07:23 PM

He was okay.
However I doubt he'd have won had Craig not been in there with him.

Their relationship was like a sitcom, really funny at times.

LaLaLand 15-06-2019 07:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by joeysteele (Post 10593940)
He was okay.
However I doubt he'd have won had Craig not been in there with him.

Their relationship was like a sitcom, really funny at times.

Exactly!

hijaxers 15-06-2019 09:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogeatdog (Post 10593856)
So this one got me thinking when Kate made the ‘is Pete the worst winner’ thread. What is people’s opinions on Anthony as a BB winner and as a housemate in general. I for the most part liked him, although there are some things that confused me about him.
http://www.brantsteele.com/images/bi...06/anthony.png

IMO to begin with Anthony wasn’t a stand out character. He was just sort of in the background the first two weeks and wasn’t really someone I was rooting for.

When we get to week 3 we do start to see a bit more to him, doing the pranks, flirting with Makosi and his alliance with Maxwell & Saskia (and then eventually Craig). By the time we get to week 7 he pretty much only has Craig (and to some extent Makosi) left which is when he really started to stand out a bit.

Anthony always seemed quite reasonable and didn’t really go out of his way to cause conflict but I would definitely say he was pushed to his limits in that house. His and Craig’s arguments were hilarious for the most part and I was always on Anthony’s side; for me it didn’t appear he was actually doing anything wrong.

But, was he a deserving winner? I’m not so sure I mean he put up with a lot in that house but I definitely think Derek, Science even Kemal should’ve won instead. They brought a lot more to the series and were important throughout the whole time they were in there, where as Anthony came into his stride much later.

When it came down to Anthony vs Eugene, Anthony would definitely enjoy the title as BB winner more and out of the housemates left it was no surprise he won but then again he did begin to irritate me when he kept mentioning that Eugene should've bumped the money up to £200k. Did he not understand that Eugene was unaware of it?

What’s everyone else’s thoughts?

How right you are ~ even the list of names , so many good characters and personalities , when you look at the CH 5 the HM's they just became more and more fake and plastic wannabees. So much more entertainment in that season and so many laughs.

Dunno that Anthony deserved the win though.

Fetch The Bolt Cutters 15-06-2019 09:27 PM

GARBAGE

Dogeatdog 16-06-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Epic. (Post 10593912)
I don't like him. He tried way too hard to be funny, he had a recurring habit of objectifying women, particularly Makosi and Orlaith (he also said a pathetic insult to Science of something the lines of "Ya snapped cause I didn't get you a cup! Like a ****ing... woman!"), he thought Maxwell and Saskia were good people and was still guilty like them of hounding others and being greedy in the first few weeks, he called Derek malteaser head during an argument,and there was the weird **** with Eugene that the OP mentioned, which is also an example of his unbelievably stupidity. And I know many like to bring up how he won based on his amazing storylines with Makosi and Craig, but c'mon that was all them. I didn't even sympathise with him in either case because a) he already admitted to planning to use Makosi for camera time and fame so she was only turning the tables on him which he deserved for using her and b) there were so many times he joined Maxwell in haranguing and ganging up on Craig before Craig started doing the same to him so I had no sympathy there either. And while there were many moments I hated him, the way he found Craig looking like Myra Hindley funny to the point he was laughing out loud was pretty disturbing.

Overall not as annoying for me as Maxwell or Eugene, bit still a poor housemate and winner, and while I appreciate his win as a closing point for the effect Makosi AND Craig can have on someone, the person who achieved it has very little for me to care about

Epic, I always love reading your posts. The two points in your post I highlighted are again things that confused me about him.

When he said that to Derek, on my first watch I was shocked. How he never got kicked out for that I don’t know I couldn’t believe he said it. But on the flip side, didn’t Derek tell him to “work the mines” or something derogatory like that? Can’t remember if that was after Anthony said what he said but both were out of line.

The Myra Hindley thing was actually one of the few times I genuinely felt bad for Craig. He should never of brought that up sometimes I actually wonder if Craig got any trouble regarding this when he left the house.

These are again a couple points that confused me about Anthony and whether he was a nice person or not. Compared to how Makosi and Craig were acting in the house, he seemed like the nicer person but I definitely thought he had some unpleasant views on things that he kept hushed.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that he did seem like someone who was consciously aware of the cameras (something Mary picked up on). Whenever there was conflict, in particular the first half of the series, he was there but not actually providing any input. It was almost like he had to be in the room when arguments were happening because it would give him some camera time.

I also didn’t really like his attitude of having to be the best at everything. He was ultra competitive, which isn’t a bad thing but he came across as that only child that’s spoilt and has to have everything.

Withano 16-06-2019 02:21 PM

Hate. He only won cos Craig was unhinged and people felt bad for him but his personality was atrocious

Epic. 16-06-2019 02:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dogeatdog (Post 10594426)
Epic, I always love reading your posts. The two points in your post I highlighted are again things that confused me about him.

When he said that to Derek, on my first watch I was shocked. How he never got kicked out for that I don’t know I couldn’t believe he said it. But on the flip side, didn’t Derek tell him to “work the mines” or something derogatory like that? Can’t remember if that was after Anthony said what he said but both were out of line.

The Myra Hindley thing was actually one of the few times I genuinely felt bad for Craig. He should never of brought that up sometimes I actually wonder if Craig got any trouble regarding this when he left the house.

These are again a couple points that confused me about Anthony and whether he was a nice person or not. Compared to how Makosi and Craig were acting in the house, he seemed like the nicer person but I definitely thought he had some unpleasant views on things that he kept hushed.

Another thing I wanted to mention is that he did seem like someone who was consciously aware of the cameras (something Mary picked up on). Whenever there was conflict, in particular the first half of the series, he was there but not actually providing any input. It was almost like he had to be in the room when arguments were happening because it would give him some camera time.

I also didn’t really like his attitude of having to be the best at everything. He was ultra competitive, which isn’t a bad thing but he came across as that only child that’s spoilt and has to have everything.

Imo he wasn't a nice person at all! :hehe: None of the cast really were (besides Kinga and Mary in my opinion) but he was a case of it that didn't offer anything that intrigued me to balance it out.

Glenn. 16-06-2019 02:45 PM

Makosi should have known. She was actually entertaining. Anthony was not entertaining. I can’t even remember anything Anthony did whilst he was in the house apart from be stalked by Craig.

Mystic Mock 16-06-2019 02:57 PM

Not my kind of Housemate tbh.

MattySadler 11-07-2020 05:17 AM

My favourite personally. Thought he was a nice bloke swimming in a sea of nutters, yet was still involved in the best storylines that year.

armand.kay 11-07-2020 05:21 AM

love our Knee x