ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   Serious Debates & News (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=61)
-   -   Jihadi Jack stripped of British Citizenship (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360497)

Denver 17-08-2019 11:29 PM

Jihadi Jack stripped of British Citizenship

The home office has stripped him of his citizenship making him the responsibility of Canada

LaLaLand 17-08-2019 11:30 PM

:clap2:

Canada should just ban him now. He wanted to go out where he is, he can stay there.

arista 18-08-2019 08:36 AM

Vicky. 18-08-2019 09:32 AM

My immediate reaction to stuff like this is 'great', but thinking a little more, all thats being done is basically, palming our criminals off on another country! They should be our responsibility..however, as soon as they come back they should be imprisoned tbh..its a very awkward situation

Amy Jade 18-08-2019 11:40 AM

I agree with Vicky really.

Marsh. 18-08-2019 11:43 AM

Yeah, to have so many in this country whining about refugees and immigrants entering our country but think it's ok for us to palm our criminals off on other nations is actually quite ridiculous.

Denver 18-08-2019 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Marsh. (Post 10660592)
Yeah, to have so many in this country whining about refugees and immigrants entering our country but think it's ok for us to palm our criminals off on other nations is actually quite ridiculous.

Tbh Canada has been willing to take them in and with him having dual nationality they let them have him, plus he is clearly wanting to come back to the UK so he can attack

Oliver_W 18-08-2019 03:21 PM

If I murdered someone in Germany, I'd go to a German prison.

Why should we pick up a terrorist?

Alf 18-08-2019 03:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Oliver_W (Post 10660719)
If I murdered someone in Germany, I'd go to a German prison.

Why should we pick up a terrorist?

Because we're submissive masochists.

Kizzy 18-08-2019 03:33 PM

If we thought he was a danger wouldn't it be safer if he was here where he can be monitored?
Could he not be useful as a way of understanding how and why people are radicalised. If we have knowledge of the practices or processes involved it could provide intelligence on how to detect those at risk of being drawn into extremism.

Toy Soldier 18-08-2019 07:22 PM

Apparently, palming him off on Canada has damaged relations enough that it's buggered up a potential post-Brexit trade deal.

:clap1: Who would have thought no one would want to trade with a bunch of selfish shirkers?

Ammi 19-08-2019 05:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Toy Soldier (Post 10660835)
Apparently, palming him off on Canada has damaged relations enough that it's buggered up a potential post-Brexit trade deal.

:clap1: Who would have thought no one would want to trade with a bunch of selfish shirkers?

...indeed...we can’t really afford to fall out with Canada as well....yet here we are..:laugh:...we want jam on it, well obviously because we’ll not be getting maple syrup, I reckon...why is he anyone else’s financial or moral responsibility, other than the UK’s...avoiding that responsibility and shrugging our shoulders..why would that make anyone want to deal with us...