ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   BB6 (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=44)
-   -   Opinions on Craig (BB6) (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360502)

Epic. 18-08-2019 11:22 AM

Opinions on Craig (BB6)

https://keyassets-p2.timeincuk.net/w..._brother04.jpghttp://oimg.photobucket.com/albums/v...aig_Psycho.jpg

When I think of who the most divisive housemates of all time are, Craig is one that pops in my head. Anyone I talk to either treasured his extreme and erratic behavior on the show, in some cases adoring what he brought to the series, or you have people out there who were disgusted by him and dread thinking about how he acted on the show. In a cast with as many big characters as BB6, Craig still stood out as having one of the most defining storylines and personalities of his series, peaking further in the second half of the series and especially in the last 3 or 4 weeks. What makes or breaks him is obviously his relationship with Anthony, which you'll either find really entertaining and interesting or be really put off and repelled, so I'm curious to see how things lie with this one.

Matthew. 18-08-2019 11:35 AM

I used to think he was quite overrated when I first watched it, then I went and rewatched some things, such as this video: (“I STINK YER AVIN A LAUGH MATE YOU FACKIN SSSSSTINK. YOU ARE A ****ING MONSTER! THAT’S WHAT YOU ARE LOOK AT THE STATE OF YOU YA FACKIN PPPPPPPIG.” in particular, kills me every time :joker:)

And now I think he’s one of the best housemates ever :laugh: His time in the house was a disaster (which is originally what put me off him) but he was an amazing housemate

Daniel-X 18-08-2019 11:49 AM

One of my very favourite housemates, undeniably a horrible self aborsbed and manipulative person but he made for such great television. So complex and compelling to watch.

UserSince2005 18-08-2019 12:23 PM

Iconic. Poor kid was too young for the show but made great entertainment.

Marsh. 18-08-2019 12:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Matthew. (Post 10660589)
I used to think he was quite overrated when I first watched it, then I went and rewatched some things, such as this video: (“I STINK YER AVIN A LAUGH MATE YOU FACKIN SSSSSTINK. YOU ARE A ****ING MONSTER! THAT’S WHAT YOU ARE LOOK AT THE STATE OF YOU YA FACKIN PPPPPPPIG.” in particular, kills me every time :joker:)

And now I think he’s one of the best housemates ever :laugh: His time in the house was a disaster (which is originally what put me off him) but he was an amazing housemate

The way he says "****ing ANIMAL!!" :laugh2:

Daniel. 18-08-2019 01:23 PM

Good housemate but I found Makosi, Derek, Kemal, Science, Kinga and Mary better tv

Shaun 18-08-2019 04:34 PM

one of the greats

Dogeatdog 19-08-2019 02:32 PM

When it comes to entertainment, Craig is definitely up there as one of those housemates who was very compelling to watch but there were a lot of things I disliked about him.

I think Science summed him up pretty well when he said Craig was a “Libra and can get in where he fits in”. He could quite easily float around the different groups in the house but I don’t think this really painted him in a good light. I personally thought it made him look two faced and I could never understand what his intentions were. An example would be when he used to mention that Makosi was ‘evil’ but then a few hours later he’d be talking to her as if he hasn’t got any issue with her at all.

He was also well to possessive and really insecure during his stay. Although his arguments are probably some of the most entertaining across a majority of BB series, I don’t think he was ever really in the right in most of them and his need for attention just seemed to erratic at times. It brought out a really bad side to him which was actually quite sad to see because he was very young and he mentioned that he had a hard time growing up which obviously played a part. His feelings towards Anthony slowly began to destroy him in that house and it must’ve been very hard for him having those feelings for someone who didn’t have them back. This kinda showed how innocent in some ways Craig really was.

Overall I’d say I liked him, he definitely had some more funnier moments like Miss Russia and Britney Spears performance but his possessiveness is what stops me from placing him amongst my top 5 BB6 housemates.

Eddie. 26-09-2019 11:00 AM

Disliked him and I think he's massively overrated, but he definitely wasn't the worst male of BB6 when Anthony and Maxwell exist...

His storyline with Anthony was interesting at first but then it soon got tiring along with his personality and I'm kind of glad Kinga and the wine bottle happened or else he would have been in the house on final night along with Anthony, Eugene and Makosi...

Alf 26-09-2019 11:08 AM

Not a very nice person, a big baby, ignorant, selfish, creepy. But he was good to watch and played his part in the series.

Cal. 26-09-2019 11:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel-X (Post 10660597)
One of my very favourite housemates, undeniably a horrible self aborsbed and manipulative person but he made for such great television. So complex and compelling to watch.

Tony Montana 26-09-2019 11:40 AM

Phenomenal HM. Arguably BB6's defining HM and one of the greatest HM's of all time. :clap1:

He made the second half of BB6.

Daniel. 26-09-2019 01:18 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10684877)
Phenomenal HM. Arguably BB6's defining HM and one of the greatest HM's of all time. :clap1:

He made the second half of BB6.

How can he be BB6's defining hm when he wasn't even very relevant until Maxwell's eviction AND when Makosi, Derek and Science exist?

parmnion 26-09-2019 01:42 PM

A legend...he went on some journey that year.q

Tony Montana 26-09-2019 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel. (Post 10684924)
How can he be BB6's defining hm when he wasn't even very relevant until Maxwell's eviction AND when Makosi, Derek and Science exist?

He was relevant from week 1 all the way up to his eviction. Where did you get the idea he only became relevant post Maxwell's eviction?

Rob! 26-09-2019 03:03 PM

He mean he’s probably the messiest male housemate in existence so he gets credit for that I guess. Pretty vile person though.

joeysteele 26-09-2019 03:08 PM

I found him often hilarious.
I liked him.
His tantrums and fixation on Anthony Hutton.

Anthony should always be grateful Craig was in that series.
As I am sure he'd never have won that series had he not had that sort of double act with Craig.

Daniel. 13-10-2019 04:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tony Montana (Post 10684954)
He was relevant from week 1 all the way up to his eviction. Where did you get the idea he only became relevant post Maxwell's eviction?

Late reply but he wasn't all that relevant early on, especially compared to the three I mentioned as well as Kemal, Saskia and Maxwell. After Team Britney he pretty much was a minor character until around Maxwell and Saskia's evictions, serving as their lackey and not much else.

Jigs 13-10-2019 04:59 PM

A stunning icon!

Top 10 housemate of all time for me

Tony Montana 13-10-2019 05:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Daniel. (Post 10694688)
Late reply but he wasn't all that relevant early on, especially compared to the three I mentioned as well as Kemal, Saskia and Maxwell. After Team Britney he pretty much was a minor character until around Maxwell and Saskia's evictions, serving as their lackey and not much else.

He wasn't. He had his group hopping, arguments with Science, his reaction and rant to finding out he was up for eviction, the start of his Anthony obsession etc. He peaked during the second half, but to say he wasn't relevant early on and only a minor character until Maxwell and Saskia's eviction is laughable.

He wasn't their lackey too, that was Anthony. He was friends with Maxwell, but him and Saskia weren't that close as evident by them nominating each other in week 2.

Beastie 13-10-2019 08:09 PM

Loved him as a housemate.

aman201 10-07-2020 12:59 AM

He's even worse than I remember.

A real piece of work.

UserSince2005 10-07-2020 07:22 AM

To anyone saying he is a bad person.
He was a 19 year old kid who was uncomfortable with being gay.
I'm sure he has grown up now.

Oliver_W 10-07-2020 08:59 AM

Good housemate and entertaining, I probably wouldn't tolerate him in person though :D

He's the kind of person a lot of gays grow out of being, if that makes sense :laugh:

aman201 10-07-2020 12:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UserSince2005 (Post 10877644)
To anyone saying he is a bad person.
He was a 19 year old kid who was uncomfortable with being gay.
I'm sure he has grown up now.

It's not even about his sexuality tbh, he just seems vindictive in general here. (Seems to have a problem with Eugene and makes snide comments about him when he's done nothing to him)

And what the hell was his VT about? (For show or not it's still awful viewing)

Hopefully he has grown up.