ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums

ThisisBigBrother.com - UK TV Forums (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Chat (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8)
-   -   How do you make a cup of tea, then...?... (https://www.thisisbigbrother.com/forums/showthread.php?t=360556)

Ammi 20-08-2019 07:12 AM

How do you make a cup of tea, then...?...

...I’m not a tea drinker and don’t make cups of tea that often but I was just reading an article about a man’s ‘criminal offence’ cuppa, which has just gone viral...

‘The video, shared by commissioning editor Holly Harley, shows her boyfriend dumping sugar into a mug before pouring in boiling water, followed by cold milk, and only then dunking a tea bag in before stirring and then removing the bag shortly after’...

...milk first, hot water first, sugar first, tea bag first....how is it done to make that perfect cuppa...?...

RileyH 20-08-2019 07:14 AM

teabag > sugar > milk > water x

smudgie 20-08-2019 07:17 AM

Tea/teabag then boiling water to infuse it.
Once it reaches the strength you want then add the extras.

Kate! 20-08-2019 07:21 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smudgie (Post 10661729)

This.

2 sugars and plenty of milk thanks.

Strictly Jake 20-08-2019 07:56 AM

This is going to sound like I'm making it up or have some weird ocd but everyone says I make the best cuppas...

If someone has sugar put the sugar in first...

Then

Add your teabag to the cup the nice wide cups always taste nicer than thin tall mugs

Add your boiling water after you have let it settle down for 1 minute, add your water, stir 8 times to the left, 8 times to the right, leave to stand for 20 seconds then stir 4 times to the left then 4 times to the right, add your milk according to taste. Give another quick stir and take the teabag out an you will have a nice brew

Give it a try

AnnieK 20-08-2019 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Strictly Jake (Post 10661745)
This is going to sound like I'm making it up or have some weird ocd but everyone says I make the best cuppas...

Then

Add your teabag to the cup the nice wide cups always taste nicer than thin tall mugs

Add your boiling water after you have let it settle down for 1 minute, add your water, stir 8 times to the left, 8 times to the right, leave to stand for 20 seconds then stir 4 times to the left then 4 times to the right, add your milk according to taste. Give another quick stir and take the teabag out an you will have a nice brew

Give it a try

So you put the mill in before taking the tea bag out?

The secret for me is letting it brew.....I put the tea bag (and sugar if you have it) in a cup. Agree with your cup choice and will also say white mugs are better than coloured ones. Then put the water in, stir and leave for 5 mins, then stir and squeeze bag, remove and add a splash of milk and voila

Cherie 20-08-2019 08:09 AM

this has gone viral :umm2:

Cherie 20-08-2019 08:27 AM

Quote:

Then

Give it a try

who has time for this, just give the bag a poke with a spoon, once or twice :laugh:

Strictly Jake 20-08-2019 08:35 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Cherie (Post 10661757)
who has time for this, just give the bag a poke with a spoon, once or twice :laugh:

It doesn't take that long Cherie

Kazanne 20-08-2019 08:37 AM

Quote:

tea spilled smudgie:laugh:

bitontheslide 20-08-2019 08:41 AM

The important aspect of making any infusion is the temperature of the liquid and the efficiency with which the material interacts with the liquid.

Adding milk before the material (tea) makes the temperature of the liquid inaccurate unless it is previously warmed to the same temperature as the liquid. Adding things like milk and sugar could change the way the material interacts with the liquid and so it changes the rate of infusion.

To get a consistent cup of tea each time one just has to follow exactly the same steps in exactly the same quantities at exactly the same temperature as you did the last time, the rest doesn't matter. If you are happy with the result, it will always be the same.

Niamh. 20-08-2019 08:55 AM

Teabag, water, leave sit, take out teabag, add a drop of milk and stir :hee:

bitontheslide 20-08-2019 09:11 AM

:idc:

Epic. 20-08-2019 09:14 AM

Put teabag in, add boiling water, add a few drops of milk, stir teabag and leave it in cup,

On occasion, I add a pouring of Maca Powder, a substance that adds nutrition and flavor to hot drinks. Sometimes I've also added magnesium powder to my tea which has similar benefits.

Liam- 20-08-2019 09:16 AM

Teabag in, sugar in, water in, leave to stew for a couple of minutes, milk in, stir and squeeze teabag, job done

Vicky. 20-08-2019 09:28 AM

sugar, teabag, water, milk. How is this so hard for so many?!

Vicky. 20-08-2019 09:30 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by AnnieK (Post 10661747)
So you put the mill in before taking the tea bag out?

I do do this..this is maybe the only debatable bit to making a proper cuppa as its fine either way really but I tend to put milk in first, and then if I do put too much, can dunk teabag a few more times to try ad sort it somewhat :laugh:#

But bugger the military operation described in the quoted post :umm2:

Ant. 20-08-2019 09:33 AM

Put the sugar in
Then pour hot water in
Then a tea bag and stir a good bit
Wait 5 mins
Stir again
Add milk
Brew for another 2 mins
Squeeze the teabag against the rim and empty
Voila

Calderyon 20-08-2019 09:53 AM

Not make it at all.

Take coffee instead.

Moniqua 20-08-2019 09:58 AM

- get cup
- turn kettle on
- get tea spoon on the READY
- put tea bag in cup
- put sugar in cup
- get milk out of the fridge while the kettle is on
- when it's done, pour the water in
- simultaneously stir the tea bag and sugar in the cup so we finna kill two birds with ONE stone whew
- take tea bag out
- pour the milk in
- put milk back in the fridge

Matthew. 20-08-2019 11:12 AM

Teabag > Water > Milk

Tony Montana 20-08-2019 02:20 PM

Quote:

This.

bitontheslide 20-08-2019 02:30 PM

isn't the flavour of the tea not more dependent on the type of receptacle its in :think:

Marsh. 20-08-2019 03:04 PM

Quote:

Add your boiling water after you have let it settle down for 1 minute

Let what settle down? You've put a teabag and sugar in an empty cup, what's to settle down? :crazy:

Marsh. 20-08-2019 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bitontheslide (Post 10661916)
isn't the flavour of the tea not more dependent on the type of receptacle its in :think:

No, it depends on the teabag. If you buy a strawberry teabag, it will have strawberry flavour. :)